TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Certificates of Authenticity are NOW AVAILABLE for the 2008 Shelby GT500!

Curt A

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 OF 1367 RED COUPES / 1 OF 65 WITH SILVER STRIPES / RAREST IS RED NO STRIPES

HI CURT,

JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU A HEADS UP ON THE RARITY OF THE O8 GT500 PRODUCTION.

THE RAREST CAR PRODUCED WAS THE 6 STRIPE DELETE GRABBER ORANGE CONVERTIBLES.

THE RED CONVERTIBLES WITH NO STRIPE HAD A PRODUCTION NUMBER OF 36 WHICH IS VERY LOW

BUT NOT THE LOWEST OR RAREST.ALSO AS A SIDE BAR RED COUPES THAT WERE NO STRIPE WAS 37.

BEST REGARD,

SCOTTY

hey i am a forum member on a couple of these or do you have to be a paid member to get the disc?

I know the Mach 1 Registry is not a site you have to pay to be on, so I don't think money is an issue. On ours, you just have to be a regstered member and allow your information to be shared with FPG. This puts you on a list, and gets you the discount. They are also talking about special products geared towards our particular group, as I'm sure they will for recognized organizations that come on board. One of the guys heading this is John Clor, who did the book Mustang Dynasty. He's been great and worked very hard to put all of this together, while putting in his hours full time working for Ford.

Spoke to John, poor guy, and got mine ordered. No discount for TS members. :(

6,513 Coupes, 1,367 Red w/ Stripes, 1,031 Red w/ White Stripes Mine is Lucky Sleven-hunderd (#700) However I have 'manually' deleted the OT Stripes. Will ultimately have Black SS type stripes painted on after the Pro-Glass hood is added. :) The lead time on the certificate is around 7 working days, not bad.

Ordered mine this morning.

# 3030 of 6513 coupes

# 459 of 971 Vapor

Born on 12-5-07

I just got my certificate this morning via DHL.

It had a typo.

The bottom 2 lines:

and is #459 of 971

manufactured in.

That's it. They left the color off!

They also did not include a matrix printout of the all the different color/stripe/interior combos. The envelope had the certificate, a cover letter and VIN decoder.

I called the 800 # and they were very apologetic. They will print up a new one and send it out.

From reading this post the numbers on the vert don't equal 2070

White 1050

Ebony 682

Red 463

Vista 181

Grabber 81

Yellow 0

Total verts 2457

You forgot vapor and alloy and the white should 330.

I just got my certificate this morning via DHL.

It had a typo.

The bottom 2 lines:

and is #459 of 971

manufactured in.

That's it. They left the color off!

They also did not include a matrix printout of the all the different color/stripe/interior combos. The envelope had the certificate, a cover letter and VIN decoder.

I called the 800 # and they were very apologetic. They will print up a new one and send it out.

I hope they don't do that to mine. I should be getting mine today as well since I ordered it on the first day in the morning.

Got mine today, typo as well. Said coupe, own Vert.... told there are MANY with typo issues, computer glitch with the VIN codes... Need to LOOK at your certs, and call with issues, 2-3 week wait to correct.

Oh great. :doh: ...they should fire that programmer that did this. :headscratch:

I got miine today as well and it had number 883 of 971 in blank. The blank should have been Vapor Silver. The problem only happened on the Vapor Silver colored cars. The computer couldn't pickup the color code in the system. Now another 7-10 days to wait.

Archived