TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/SC

Those of you with the paxton.

How do you like it? can you post dyno slips?

Thinking about leaving her at Quantum after Texas Roundup

My understanding is Paxton is having some issues with the EPA right now and they are not being installed at SAi until they figure out what to do.

I thought that was with the 2008's only

You are correct. I called Paxton and asked them what answer was as I was concerned that mine would not be smog legal. I was told they could still put them on the '07s but the '08s have not been CARB (California Air Resource Board) approved. When I spoke with Bud I understood that they had suspended installation altogether.I may have misunderstood that it was all and not just the 2008s.

I stand corrected

Russ

You are correct. I called Paxton and asked them what answer was as I was concerned that mine would not be smog legal. I was told they could still put them on the '07s but the '08s have not been CARB (California Air Resource Board) approved. When I spoke with Bud I understood that they had suspended installation altogether.I may have misunderstood that it was all and not just the 2008s.

I stand corrected

Russ

No harm no foul. What kind of Huffer do you have on your baby? I think I see a GT/SC fender stripe

can the brake ducts and driving lights still be installed with the paxton intercooler?

Yes. It is only the KB that nixes the driving lights. But the driving lights are not terribly functional from what I hear but, not having them, I do not know for sure.

Jim

Can't go wrong with Paxton. No dyno/track runs yet, but Brenspeed's tune estimates 470hp/430tq (and it feels like every bit as much).

scinstall26.jpg

I see that your intercooler is installed up in front of the condenser rather than between the engine and the back side of the radiator. . . was that something that was done by SAI? ? ? Is that a difference in your particular install??? Or was there a change to the kit since yours was installed??

Thanks - Trevor

I see that your intercooler is installed up in front of the condenser rather than between the engine and the back side of the radiator. . . was that something that was done by SAI? ? ? Is that a difference in your particular install??? Or was there a change to the kit since yours was installed??

Thanks - Trevor

Trevor,

The Paxton kit in Nite's post has an air/air intercooler. Nothing wrong with this setup but it's not the same as the Shelby Paxton kit with the air/water intercooler (with a charge cooler) . Performance will be better (30-40 HP?) with the air/water intercooler.

I installed the '07 Shelby Paxton kit about 17 months ago but I'm pretty sure it's the exact same kit they sell today. I use the car as a dialy driver and at the track, it's a great setup.

See this link for pictures of the install: http://home.earthlink.net/~cudafly/Shelby/page1.htm

Here's the dyno sheet:

ShelbyGTwithPaxton1200.jpg

Thanks - Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Cuda's correct, mine the is the air to air intercooler, which is also self lubricated (no tapping for engine oil). I bought the kit from Brenspeed (great guys!), which included the tune. Installed it myself and it runs like freakin rocketship.

can the brake ducts and driving lights still be installed with the paxton intercooler?

As you can see, I do have the driving lights (OK, maybe you can't, but I do), but it appears there is something directly behind the air intakes for the brake ducts.

Archived