TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1987 Shelby CSX

jimjim

I came across a 1987 Shelby CSX in New Jersey for sale . The Car # is 376. The Exterior has a few door dings on the body and needs a fresh paint job. It has no rust or Dents. The Interior has a near perfect Dash with the etched autographing on the steering wheel. It has a new head liner. The seats need to be refinished. The Motor runs good and has 105K miles. It has a new timing belt, distributor and cap, alternator,battery, fan motor, water pump ,thermostat and new tires. Has about 25K on the clutch. I want to make an offer but I do not know what the value of this car is in this condition. Can someone in lighten me on how much its worth? and what i should offer him? Thanks

I came across a 1987 Shelby CSX in New Jersey for sale . The Car # is 376. The Exterior has a few door dings on the body and needs a fresh paint job. It has no rust or Dents. The Interior has a near perfect Dash with the etched autographing on the steering wheel. It has a new head liner. The seats need to be refinished. The Motor runs good and has 105K miles. It has a new timing belt, distributor and cap, alternator,battery, fan motor, water pump ,thermostat and new tires. Has about 25K on the clutch. I want to make an offer but I do not know what the value of this car is in this condition. Can someone in lighten me on how much its worth? and what i should offer him? Thanks

jimjim, Welcome to the Team Shelby Forums. Glad you found us.

My biggest concern would be hidden rust. That car was shipped from Shelby Automobiles to Rothrock Motors in Allentown PA originally so I'm thinking there has to be some rust. Check the spare tire area in the hatchback. The CSX cars always collected water there.

It's really hard to come up with a price without pics but I will say the ballpark figure is around $500 to $1500 The mileage isn't too bad for a 22 year old car and it sounds like it runs strong so as long as there isn't any rust issues I would put the price more towards the $1500 end.

See if the Shelby valve cover is there as that is around a $200 part. Also check that it has the correct Shelby centurion wheels, a set of those go for around $400 if they are missing.

If you can get some pics we can give you much more advice as to what's missing, if anything.

Steve

Sounds like a great project Jim :) The CSX's were made in 87, 88, and 89. Each year had it's own merits and lots of folks gravitate twards the 'swoopy' bodywork of the 89's but my personal favorite has always been the 87's. I test drove one new but the same day I also test drove a GLHS and kinda decided on that car instead. There are lots of resources for restoration of the CSX's, plenty of cars have been parted out so many unique parts are findable if you look ;)

ALan

Archived