TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby RT350 Chrysler Prototype From Mexico

What might have been the last Shelby Dodge vehicle produced but unfortunately it never made it past the prototype stage. Based on the 1990 'J' body with the T-IV motor. This prototype from Mexico technically would be a Chrysler model since the Dodge name was not used there.

You can clearly see what 60's Shelby they were trying to mimic. Rocker decals, LeMans stripes, hood scoop and rear quarter panel scoops all taken from the 60's Shelby's.

Pentastar logo blacked out on the grille with a Whittier CS medallion added to the rear hatchback. Basically an appearance package added on to the most powerful 'J' body of that year.

Enjoy the pics.

Steve

Shelby_RT350a.jpg

Shelby_RT350b.jpg

Shelby_RT350c.jpg

Shelby_RT350d.jpg

I'm waiting on Team Shelby member, chavez_arq2, to post that he's seen this RT350 as a Taxi cab in Mexico :hysterical:

Legend has it that the Mexican market has some weird Turbo Dodges as Taxi's.

While we will probably never know its whereabouts it is an interesting footnote for the Shelby Dodge connection.

Steve

I know this is the Shelby Dodge arena, but I'd like to add that Shelby had quite a history in Mexico. The 60's saw some interesting Shelby de Mexico Mustangs built, so this does not surprise me at all. The 'taxi' thing does, but the car doesn't.

Yup that's where I figure they came up with the idea for the RT350. From the notchback Mexican market Shelby's of the 60's.

Steve

The Shelby Europa ('71-'72) is a very rare piece. I'm pretty sure no one has imported any into the US, but the handful that were built are closly watched by Eurpoean Mustang enthusiasts.

There is a Shelby de Mexico that pops up from time to time for sale. It's a '69 complete with quarter extensions to give it a fastback-like look, but is still a coupe.

The Shelby Europa ('71-'72) is a very rare piece. I'm pretty sure no one has imported any into the US, but the handful that were built are closly watched by Eurpoean Mustang enthusiasts.

There is a Shelby de Mexico that pops up from time to time for sale. It's a '69 complete with quarter extensions to give it a fastback-like look, but is still a coupe.

those would be the ones a mexican one was on ebay a few months back in realy nice shape and it went for a good price to but the wife was still in shock from the cost of the SGT lol.

That car is just plain ugly

t3rse, Welcome to the Team Shelby Forums.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the beholder who designed this car must have loved it :unsure:

Also I'm just noticing for the first time the additional sccops just above the rockers.

If I had to pick between this car and the PPG Indy LeBaron I'd pick this one.

Steve

Below is an artist rendering of the RT350. The white/blue colors look better in my opinion.

Also I think I may have been wrong on the engine. I'm now thinking since it was a Mexican market car it more likely had the 2.5 intercooled motor that we never got here in the states.

Steve

They see a lot of things we never get. There was a full size Ramchanrger based on the '94-'01 full sixed Ram p/u body style.It even used the rear hatch from the caravan fo rits rear door. Also have seen a Ford F-200...which we know as the full sized Bronco. I'm sure there's plenty more where those came from.

They see a lot of things we never get. There was a full size Ramchanrger based on the '94-'01 full sixed Ram p/u body style.

Yup there are a few of those later style Ramchargers here in SoCal. Back then I had on my things to do list was to bring one up from Mexico. Of course I can't say in print on how I was going to register it but lets just say it can be done.

Steve

Here's some pics for the folks that aren't sure what we are talking about:

DSCF0049.JPG

DSCF0048.JPG

Archived