TEAM SHELBY FORUM

License Plate Frame

RUFDRAFT

I've found the type of frame you're looking for: bare bones brushed aluminum, chrome, black chrome, carbon fiber, etc. They were in Kragen Auto Parts, I believe. But I doubt you've got the same chain stores in NC as they have here in CA.

Might try their website... (Assuming they have one!)

It's okay, Stan. It's just the result of my split personality! :hysterical2:

I loved my Legend Lime GT. Almost as much as I love my Grabber Orange 'Stang. The avatar is just temporary. It was a joke for my old Legend Limer buddies.

You mean your old friends are still talking to you since you slimed the lime? ( I hear ya, just busting on ya, hahaha! )

This is actually a great topic because I've really had a hard time picking out a frame that suits the car and helps protect the plate. The front plate on my '05 Mustang got bent up because there wasn't a frame to help protect it from the car wash. (Before y'all trash me for taking the car through the car wash, let me say that I had no choice; I didn't have anywhere to wash it at my apartment complex at the time.) The plate got bent forward and I think it wouldn't have happened if it had a frame to lend support. The back plate poses no such danger, since it's sunk into the bumper.

Like Bryan, I want something that's simple and not too flashy.

Thanks, Y'all.

Exactly - I want to spend a little more to get a top quality frame - but without any logos or engravings. The frame is an important detail to me (I'm into details!).

I'll look at Advance Auto tomorrow - no Pep Boys 'round here. :shift:

Now - I'm thinking about a black frame since I have some chrome on the rear end.

Thanks, Chris - luckily, NC doesn't require front plates.

One of the few perks we have down here!

That - and cheap cigarettes ($23.00 a carton for Winston).

I think if I lived in a front plate state - I'd try bending the plate to match the curve of the bumper...or perhaps have the tag painted on?

Archived