TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Crunch Time - Who is packed and ready to go?

SPRSNK

Hi all!!!!!

I just finished packing and will fly out to Midland Airport tomorrow. Then I will meet a couple guys there and then drive to Terlingua!!!!! Anybody know where I am going? :headscratch: I tried to mapquest it, but it didn't seem like much help. I am also bringing my GPS to help along the way, but, I do not know if we will hit any trouble spots, etc.

CYA all there!!!!!! :happy feet:

Have a safe trip everybody!!!!! :shift:

Bud

This is like I'm 6yo and it's Christmas Eve. I slept an hour and now I'm wide awake. Gah!

Safe Travels everyone.

Hi all!!!!!

I just finished packing and will fly out to Midland Airport tomorrow. Then I will meet a couple guys there and then drive to Terlingua!!!!! Anybody know where I am going? :headscratch: I tried to mapquest it, but it didn't seem like much help. I am also bringing my GPS to help along the way, but, I do not know if we will hit any trouble spots, etc.

CYA all there!!!!!! :happy feet:

Have a safe trip everybody!!!!! :shift:

Bud

What's the best route from Midland to Terlingua? I too looked at mapquest,not much there but if any locals can chime it would be great. Thanks.

What's the best route from Midland to Terlingua? I too looked at mapquest,not much there but if any locals can chime it would be great. Thanks.

Take I-20 west to the town of Monahans. Turn south on Hwy 18 and proceed to Fort Stockton. Go west on I-10 a short distance to Hwy 67 and go south to Hwy 90 west and into Alpine.

Oh you did say all the way to Terlingua didn't you........ :doh:

Okay after fueling head south on Hwy 118 all the way to FM 170, turn west and your next stop will be the beer-drinking goats tavern :beerchug:

There'll be at least 10 of us following this route tomorrow morning :shift: :bandance: :happy feet: :banvictory:

I'm so excited, this is only the second or third time I've had internet access in the last couple of weeks! What did we do before computers?

We left Beaumont yesterday (Tuesday) at noon and planned to stop at Fort Stockton for the night then on to Terlingua to drop the trailer and then drive back to Alpine with the Shelby for evening activities and caravan with the gang on Thursday. Due to all the rain and flooding, all hotels in Fort Stockton were full so we drove on to the Ramada in Alpine and spent the night. Moral of the story, make a reservations if you plan to stay overnight in route. We got the last room at the Ramada in Alpine.

Rain Wed and Thurs then sunny and beautiful for the weekend.

Going to be fun.

Archived