TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Crunch Time - Who is packed and ready to go?

SPRSNK

I finally got all the work done on the truck and trailer. Lucy didn't make on the trailer (4'x5') as we ran out of time :cry: This morning is going to be spent getting the the truck and trailer washed and cleaned up. It's been sitting outside the shop since Tulsa in June. Gads it's filthy. After that it's all here at the house making piles of what we need to transport down to the rig and I need to finish putting on the new CAI from JLT. Work got in the way and I never got my roll cage and seats put in..ah well. I'll get to it next month. Luckily cleaning it up won't take all that long (I hope!).

All in all, what started out as a 3 page list of TO DO items has been reduced to 5 items and only one of them will take some time to do. That's setting up the race cameras the way I want them and to make them mobile enough to put them into the Terlingua car when the time comes.

3 Days till I get my new car!

Which I will promptly abuse the living crap out of.

Well, just jumped my last hurdle. The kennel is operating but they still have no power. But I don't think the dog will mind too much :) Terlingua, here we come. I need a break. Things are still quite a mess around here. Traffic is horrendous as prolly 40 percent of the signals are not working or missing altogether. Some people just do not know what a 4 way stop is or what to do with it when they get there!!!

I spent yesterday getting everything packed, and the car is gassed up and ready to go! The cleaning is probably for not though. I also got the front plate put on, so it is finally legal here in TX.. :hysterical: (although I will promptly take it right back off after Terlingua?

Hey Rick, What is Lucy? I didnt get the 4x5 reference...

I will probably be calling Rick and Sherri sometime today to finalize the travel schedule....anyone else who wants to get ahold of me can call me- my number is on the list. Or you can PM your number and I will call you pretty quick...my phone tells me when I get a PM.

Just finished the last load of wash from my Dearborn trip (TS shirts, jeans) and will stuff the trunk with what I need. I way overpacked for Dearborn so I'm flying much lighter on this trip (plus it's a shorter trip and much less formal). Had trouble sleeping last night; it'll be worse tonight. If you find me asleep in my car at the Costco parking lot tomorrow morning, just give me a nudge. :hysterical:

The car is being detailed as I type. The new AFCO h/e is in; all the TSB snafu's have been fixed; brake fluid flushed (now have Motul 600deg fluid); air filter cleaned and oiled. New brake pads just arrived this morning.......

The car goes on the trailer tonight. Clothes and such are tomorrow's worry.

Oh and what to do with the teenage daughter??????????? :headscratch: Leave her home alone??????? :doh: I knew I was forgeting something.................

The car is being detailed as I type. The new AFCO h/e is in; all the TSB snafu's have been fixed; brake fluid flushed (now have Motul 600deg fluid); air filter cleaned and oiled. New brake pads just arrived this morning.......

The car goes on the trailer tonight. Clothes and such are tomorrow's worry.

Oh and what to do with the teenage daughter??????????? :headscratch: Leave her home alone??????? :doh: I knew I was forgeting something.................

Hey didn't they make a movie about that!? :hysterical:

I wish I could go, I have been on this Terlingua forum daily for a while now wishing I could go but just cant this year. Wish youll the best on your trips. Have fun and dont forget us lonely people back at home/work just wishing they could be there. :drool:

I wish I could go, I have been on this Terlingua forum daily for a while now wishing I could go but just cant this year. Wish youll the best on your trips. Have fun and dont forget us lonely people back at home/work just wishing they could be there. :drool:

Reino,

Thanks for the kind words... I'll see if we can post pictures nightly if we're not too busy. I am very fortunate to be able to attend. Regards.

Stuart

Hi,

I agree with Stuart's "night before Christmas" analogy!

Packed the cleaning supplies, tools, helmet into my 2 small Shelby cases. Removed the airbag cover for Mr Shelby's autograph. Put on the bra, checked the air pressure, checked the oil.

I am so ready. I got into CS85 at the last minute, only had to wait 10 days. I have been on board this trip from the beginning, the anticipation has been all consuming.

I will see some of you tomorrow, more on Wednesday and the rest Thursday. Till then...

Viya Con Dios!

Michael

I just got home at 1:00am this morning from taking the Shelby out to Miller Motorsports Park out in Utah. The car is absolutely covered in bugs up front. I'll do my best to get it clean before the long drive Wednesday night/Thursday morning where I'm sure it will be bugged up again, but so be it. The trip was problem free, so hopefully this weekend will be also. See y'all on Thursday!

Well, the car is prepped, the suitcases are packed and we're ready to go! I'm sure we will not sleep a wink tonight! We are so excited to see everyone and to have a 0ne-in-a-lifetime experience!!! :banvictory: :happy feet: Everyone be safe we will see a lot of you in Alpine on Wednesday; everyone else we will see you in Lajitas!!! :party2: :party2: Regards.

Stuart

I just got home at 1:00am this morning from taking the Shelby out to Miller Motorsports Park out in Utah. The car is absolutely covered in bugs up front. I'll do my best to get it clean before the long drive Wednesday night/Thursday morning where I'm sure it will be bugged up again, but so be it. The trip was problem free, so hopefully this weekend will be also. See y'all on Thursday!

Stopped by on the way home just get this picture. There was a Mustang event scheduled for this past weekend.

IMG_2195.jpg

What did you think of the place? I'm going to MMP at the end of October for the High Performance Mustang Cup Driving School. 3 days of serious track instruction on Mustang specific driving with the last two days in the Mustang Cup cars :drool:

What did you think of the place? I'm going to MMP at the end of October for the High Performance Mustang Cup Driving School. 3 days of serious track instruction on Mustang specific driving with the last two days in the Mustang Cup cars :drool:

Miller is one of the better tracks in the country for sure. It is huge. I've been going there for 3 years as an official for Grand-Am. I was able to take a couple laps in our G8 pace car pretty hard. Very fun track. You will have an absolute blast in the Mustang School! The track cars are basically outfitted just like a Shelby GT. Pretty much the same stuff but a bit more in the suspension, exhaust, etc.

Well, just jumped my last hurdle. The kennel is operating but they still have no power. But I don't think the dog will mind too much :) Terlingua, here we come. I need a break. Things are still quite a mess around here. Traffic is horrendous as prolly 40 percent of the signals are not working or missing altogether. Some people just do not know what a 4 way stop is or what to do with it when they get there!!!

+2,300,000 :hysterical:

Torqued lug nuts topped washer fluid checked sat radio&fuzz buster/3 surgeries tomorrow and we are off!!!

Wife says new update from Samantha/won't open on home computer.....Important info?

Drive safe

Scott

Nothing teribly important. Basically just the same info that Robert posted about the dirth of gas stations down there.

Just make sure your tank is full before leaving Alpine...................

Hope to see you in Odessa.

Gah...got everything tied down and loaded up except the car and the items getting done in the morning....

And my battery is dead :banghead::censored:

Seems that some idiot didn't setup the Chasecam right and it slowly drained the battery over the past 4-5 days :finger:

SPR SNK <---Idiot

Well, we made it to Little Rock AR. (825 miles). Everything went well and it was a beautiful day for driving. Hopefully, tomorrow's 840 miles will be as non-eventful.... We'll see most everyone in Alpine tomorrow. Safe travels...

Stuart & Bea

Gah...got everything tied down and loaded up except the car and the items getting done in the morning....

And my battery is dead :banghead::censored:

Seems that some idiot didn't setup the Chasecam right and it slowly drained the battery over the past 4-5 days :finger:

SPR SNK <---Idiot

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

My GoPro Hero cam never ran my battery dead, but I can never manage to press the right button with my driving gloves on......................so very few videos so far :finger:

See you Thursday!

I'm now thinking that I'll probably just stay in Roswell, NM tomorrow night. We can't leave until my wife gets off work tomorrow, so that 9 hrs will put me in there about 1:00 in the morning. Sleep for a few hours and then make our way to Lajitas Thursday. Hopefully we'll be there around 1:00 pm or so. See you all then! I was also thinking that sleeping with the aliens would be a good experience!

Archived