TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked Up Vista Blue/Tungsten Coupe Yesterday.

cobra76

Well it finally arrived. Here's my assessment of the car. The color combo is stellar. Everyone at the dealership was going nuts over it, as they received a grabber orange coupe before mine came in and they weren't impressed(No Offense to you orange owners). The car just looks MEAN in person. You really can't appreciate it in videos or pictures. It has to be seen up close. Very happy with the interior and I love the leather hand sewn steering wheel with the embossed snake in the middle. The Shaker 1000 system is absolutely worth it and you'd be crazy not to order it. On the other hand, I got lucky by NOT ordering the Sirius. Not because Sirius is a bad company, but because of where they mount the wireless antennae. They put it right in the middle of the trunk and it looks tacky because I saw it on the Grabber Orange they got in. Although it's done to protect the car itself, I wasn't too thrilled with the special coating on the supercharger that prevents it from working properly until after aprox. 150 miles, plus the SVT guys told me you really shouldn't stand on it until after 500 miles. I have 75 miles now so I'm thinking of taking a little trip today. The car is extremely tight. I have "S" turns in the town where I have my businesses and I flew through them this morning doing about 60 and it was fun. Actually handled a little nicer than my 05 S281 Saleen. The Saleen actually handled the bumps a little smoother, but the Shelby wasn't bad at all. No loud cabin noise on the potholes. Loved the clutch, loved the brakes, and shifting was smooth and seemless once you get used to the 6 speed. I had a 6 speed Mini Cooper S back in 03, so it wasn't long before I adjusted. Well, that's about it for my review until I can really see what the car can do. Overall, I believe that it's definitely worth the extra money. You could spend the money a little wiser, but if you can afford it and you are a Shelby nut like me, do it. You won't be dissapointed. I want to do the pictures right so I have to wait until my wife gets back from Fla. with the kid. She's the pro photog. Hope this shed a little light onto those of you still waiting for your cars. Anyone in or near New Jersey that want to see one, or my 2 classic Shelbys for that matter, just contact me. Have a great day guys and gals.

Thanks for the feedback, John and congratulations!

That's quite the stable you've got listed in your signature. I'd love to see photos of your 66 if you get the chance.

Enjoy!

Thanks Joe. Used to have a 65 Shelby, but ignorantly sold it before the market went nutz. Love your car. I will try to get pics posted ASAP.

JBJ

Cobra76,

I believe there has been a mistake; I have a Vista Blue/Tungsten stripe ordered and I think you must have received mine by mistake. If you'll send me your address, I'll head right out to pick it up . . . just kidding, sorry the wait is killing me . . . thanks for the info, can't wait to see the pictures.

Congratulations, enjoy :happy feet:

CC

Mine was built yesterday; due at the dealer the 27th or so . . . like I said the wait is killing me!

Pics please! I need help with my color combo! Vista and Tungsten is on my order now but after seeing that white vert with blue stripes I may be changing my mind. I need to confirm that the vista tunsten combo is BAD ASS :rockon:

John, that is sure an interesting story on how you inherited your parents' Bait and Tackle Store, must be a lot of fun...it stated that your dad was also into Shelbys...enjoy your ride and be sure to post those pics!

• 4 weeks later...

Well it finally arrived. Here's my assessment of the car. The color combo is stellar. Everyone at the dealership was going nuts over it, as they received a grabber orange coupe before mine came in and they weren't impressed(No Offense to you orange owners). The car just looks MEAN in person. You really can't appreciate it in videos or pictures. It has to be seen up close. Very happy with the interior and I love the leather hand sewn steering wheel with the embossed snake in the middle. The Shaker 1000 system is absolutely worth it and you'd be crazy not to order it. On the other hand, I got lucky by NOT ordering the Sirius. Not because Sirius is a bad company, but because of where they mount the wireless antennae. They put it right in the middle of the trunk and it looks tacky because I saw it on the Grabber Orange they got in. Although it's done to protect the car itself, I wasn't too thrilled with the special coating on the supercharger that prevents it from working properly until after aprox. 150 miles, plus the SVT guys told me you really shouldn't stand on it until after 500 miles. I have 75 miles now so I'm thinking of taking a little trip today. The car is extremely tight. I have "S" turns in the town where I have my businesses and I flew through them this morning doing about 60 and it was fun. Actually handled a little nicer than my 05 S281 Saleen. The Saleen actually handled the bumps a little smoother, but the Shelby wasn't bad at all. No loud cabin noise on the potholes. Loved the clutch, loved the brakes, and shifting was smooth and seemless once you get used to the 6 speed. I had a 6 speed Mini Cooper S back in 03, so it wasn't long before I adjusted. Well, that's about it for my review until I can really see what the car can do. Overall, I believe that it's definitely worth the extra money. You could spend the money a little wiser, but if you can afford it and you are a Shelby nut like me, do it. You won't be dissapointed. I want to do the pictures right so I have to wait until my wife gets back from Fla. with the kid. She's the pro photog. Hope this shed a little light onto those of you still waiting for your cars. Anyone in or near New Jersey that want to see one, or my 2 classic Shelbys for that matter, just contact me. Have a great day guys and gals.

Cobra76,

Have you taken any pictures yet? Hope you will post some soon. I like your color choice.

Congrats. I have a vista blue with tungsten stripe GT500 as well. I agree that the color combo is truly "mean" looking. I do wish that the stripes were painted on though and the "overlaps" were sloppy in spots. I did get the Sirius radio though, don't know what to say about the antenna though. I have driven mine plenty and have been more than satisfied.

I also own:

1967 Fastback

1968 Coupe

1970 Mercury Cougar

shelby_lo_res.jpg

shelby_lo_res.jpg

Pics please! I need help with my color combo! Vista and Tungsten is on my order now but after seeing that white vert with blue stripes I may be changing my mind. I need to confirm that the vista tunsten combo is BAD ASS :rockon:

Where can I see that white vert with blue stripes?

Chris

CobraBoy,

Thanks for the pic. That's the color combo I have ordered, but I haven't seen many pictures of that version.I'd been wondering if I shoould have done blue with white stripes, but now I'm sure I made the right choice. Your car looks great :happy feet:

CC

Mine too!!! Just seeing that pic gets me all excited again. Can't wait for June to roll around!!! :happy feet:

What exactly were the SE NY Yankees verts? Never heard of that.

Basically it's just a V-6 Vert with a special decal package. I guess anyone could have one done, but it's pricey. I think they were only available in the northeast for obvious reasons. The only made 60 of them. I could take some pictures if you like.

JBJ

Congrats. I have a vista blue with tungsten stripe GT500 as well. I agree that the color combo is truly "mean" looking. I do wish that the stripes were painted on though and the "overlaps" were sloppy in spots. I did get the Sirius radio though, don't know what to say about the antenna though. I have driven mine plenty and have been more than satisfied.

I also own:

1967 Fastback

1968 Coupe

1970 Mercury Cougar

Nice. I have seen a couple of shitty stripe jobs. I got luck with mine. The overlaps are barely noticeable.

JBJ

Where can I see that white vert with blue stripes?

Chris

This is the second request for pics of the Yankees car, so I will take some pics and post tomorrow. You ask, you receive. See you then.

JBJ

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see the cars are arriving .I ordered My Gt-500 also Blue with tungten strips on Nov 11 ,2006 . They said it would be 8 to 10 weeks . I can't wait . To fast4u52

Archived