TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Very Nice 1987 Shelby GLHS On Ebay

shelbymotorsports

Looks to be a very nice GLHS on ebay. It has a few owner mods but nothing that can't be put back.

For you Mustang owners that need a better gas mileage Shelby for your daily driver here is a good one depending on the sellers reserve.

Steve

Shelby GLHS #913

Daily driver? :blink: A 27,xxxx mile GLHS? 1 of a 1000 that looks that good??

That car lived in Canada for a few years, an SDAC member sold it a couple years ago, IIRC. I didn't know where it went though. It was while it was with the former owner in Canada that it was on the program Sports Car Revolution. It was featured in the opening shots of the segment, while they road tested Craig's 1986 GLHS #31.

Barry

That car is very clean. Pretty unique too.

22 years old.

How much is it worth ??

Well, that's hard to say. I know that they are hard to come by in this condition. It's difficult and expensive to ever restore one to this state. Having said that, its invaluable to someone who wants a good example of this car. Having modified only 1000 in Shelby's factory in Whittier, one may wait a long time to find another this clean...

22 years old.

How much is it worth ??

I would bet the reserve is north of $7500. IIRC, it sold for a bit more than that a year or two ago. If the reserve is set at $10K I would not be surprised. And to someone it might well be worth it, but that might be pushing the envelope some. I don't know if it will get that much on ebay though.

Barry

22 years old.

How much is it worth ??

It's around a $10k car. If it was a 1986 GLHS it would be worth a few grand more.

But car sales are down everywhere including the used car market so I wouldn't be shocked if it sold for less than $10k but that depends on the sellers reserve and how badly they want it gone.

Steve

I called the number on E-bay, he told me the reserve @ $17,500...,

Steve

Not bad. I paid more than that for my Dakota. I had searched every where once looking for a perfect interior for a GLHS restore. Seems to me that's the hardest piece. The embroidery on the seats is usually destroyed. Look at how much time (4 years) and money is involved in any resto.. This one is turn key.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33106

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that the ebay seller cancelled all the bids, including a high bid of $8500, and closed the auction early.

A lot of times that hints towards the seller making a deal off of ebay but if their reserve was $17,500 as someone here posted I can't think that is the case here.

We'll have to see if #913 from Kentucky shows up elsewhere for sale. The mileage from the ebay auction was 27,396

Steve

Archived