TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terilingua track time

SHELBYCS6

Hey guys,

I have had a problem several times not racing but just driving my CS6 with heat soak issues.

With the ambient temp around 90 + Fahrenheit and driving the car aggressively I've experienced heat soak issues which, another TS member described quite well as the car going limp.

I have always wondered if venting my hood would alleviate this problem and currently have a design to install dual vents on each side of the hood.

Since the Terlingua is essentially an enhanced CS6 package but with a functional deep draw hood I'm interested to know if anyone running their vehicles on the track will experience heat soak issues even with the vented hood.

If you don't know what it is, you will once it happens as it feels like you lose about 50% of your HP and it stays that way till you cool the S/C down.

It only happens to me with a high ambient and pushing the vehicle but I figure running in Texas even this time of year and pushing the cars on a track should be a prime test to heat soak the S/C.

If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate feedback on this issue as it will make or break one of my winter projects to make my hood functional.

Also....as a heads up...I would like to add.......Paxton has a known bearing issue with the early Novi 1200 super chargers and I have recently had my original one fail twice.

If you start to notice the traditional whistle getting progressively louder or if under acceleration you hear a Whipple type whine, it's ready to pack it in.

Mine wasn't covered under warranty as I had overhauled it once myself but if you have an issue, contact Paxton and go through the proper channels and it should be covered under warranty.

They were however very fair with providing me a new head unit at a substantially reduced cost.

I'm not sure what the serial numbers are that are affected but for mine, they were very responsive and without their immediate intervention I wouldn't have made it to Dearborn.

Hey guys,

I have had a problem several times not racing but just driving my CS6 with heat soak issues.

With the ambient temp around 90 + Fahrenheit and driving the car aggressively I've experienced heat soak issues which, another TS member described quite well as the car going limp.

I have always wondered if venting my hood would alleviate this problem and currently have a design to install dual vents on each side of the hood.

Since the Terlingua is essentially an enhanced CS6 package but with a functional deep draw hood I'm interested to know if anyone running their vehicles on the track will experience heat soak issues even with the vented hood.

If you don't know what it is, you will once it happens as it feels like you lose about 50% of your HP and it stays that way till you cool the S/C down.

It only happens to me with a high ambient and pushing the vehicle but I figure running in Texas even this time of year and pushing the cars on a track should be a prime test to heat soak the S/C.

If you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate feedback on this issue as it will make or break one of my winter projects to make my hood functional.

Also....as a heads up...I would like to add.......Paxton has a known bearing issue with the early Novi 1200 super chargers and I have recently had my original one fail twice.

If you start to notice the traditional whistle getting progressively louder or if under acceleration you hear a Whipple type whine, it's ready to pack it in.

Mine wasn't covered under warranty as I had overhauled it once myself but if you have an issue, contact Paxton and go through the proper channels and it should be covered under warranty.

They were however very fair with providing me a new head unit at a substantially reduced cost.

I'm not sure what the serial numbers are that are affected but for mine, they were very responsive and without their immediate intervention I wouldn't have made it to Dearborn.

Sharon (if the press ever lets her drive her car) and I will be able to tell you soon enough about the heatsoak issue. Vorpal will have to wait until he gets his car broken in. Lucky guy got his car with like 8 miles on it and it's an 07! I think that about sums up the supercharged cars. SAI has the concept, Bill Neal has his 08, Sprint's isn't supercharged (and wisely so!) and I think that's it. Sorry if I'm forgetting anyone.

My Terlingua car will be at H2H repeatedly while I'm getting used it this winter then in Dec I'm spending 3 days with it at TMS doing the SCCA Super School. I'll have it nice and broken in before CS86. Hopefully just not broken.

Sharon (if the press ever lets her drive her car) and I will be able to tell you soon enough about the heatsoak issue. Vorpal will have to wait until he gets his car broken in. Lucky guy got his car with like 8 miles on it and it's an 07! I think that about sums up the supercharged cars. SAI has the concept, Bill Neal has his 08, Sprint's isn't supercharged (and wisely so!) and I think that's it. Sorry if I'm forgetting anyone.

My Terlingua car will be at H2H repeatedly while I'm getting used it this winter then in Dec I'm spending 3 days with it at TMS doing the SCCA Super School. I'll have it nice and broken in before CS86. Hopefully just not broken.

Thanks for the info...

I'll be waiting for additional feedback when you are all up and running...

Archived