TEAM SHELBY FORUM

In a gadda da grilla....We got a swarm of 'em

DubbsFaris

Apparently, every few years we get this attack of millions of Snout Butterflies(AKA Snout-nosed Butterflies)

Well, Guess what- yes the flooding wasn't quite enough for us to deal with, so I want to caution ALL coming into TX for Terlingua...

We have been infested by these critters! I had to drive over to Eagle Pass 2 days ago and had to stop several times as I ran out of windshield fluid.

It is like nothing you can prepare for- I killed THOUSANDS, no exaggeration, of these pesky little winged worms. AND THEY GET INTO YOUR GRILL!

You can get your radiator clogged up right quick. Now I don't know if this is a problem North of San Antonio, but it is here, and while I hope this is a passing phase, it sucks right now. Our cars will not be very clean if they are still around a week from now.

I'll cross my fingers, but I may just put on Iron Butterfly and hit repeat for the 350 miles we have to travel Wednesday. :hysterical:

Very smart Stuart. Gonna buy some screen this morning. I was looking at the intercooler last night. No easy way to get to it so I decided that I will attach some of the mesh to the bra somehow. Just might staples it in as I do not like the bra anyways and I now have the clear bra!

Very smart Stuart. Gonna buy some screen this morning. I was looking at the intercooler last night. No easy way to get to it so I decided that I will attach some of the mesh to the bra somehow. Just might staples it in as I do not like the bra anyways and I now have the clear bra!

Sherri,

Good idea. I might even do the same with some upholstery hog rings for the lower opening.

Stuart

Well, I just got my screen and will figure something out in a bit. It was fun cruising thru True Value with the saleperson and a flashlight!!! Day 10, no electricity for approx 45% or so :( Thank goodness we were among the lucky ones.

Sherri,

Good luck with the install. You guys be safe driving to Alpine... Bea and I are leaving tomorrow morning. We'll see you on wednesday... :happy feet:

Stuart

Thanks Stuart. I only dropped 1 plastic fastner that holds the cover on down in the front grill. Soooo, gotta go to Ford in the morning. Looks dorky but if it keeps the snout nose butterflies off the radiator and intercooler, that is all that counts. Drive safely, cya Wed. at the microbrewery!

Thanks Stuart. I only dropped 1 plastic fastner that holds the cover on down in the front grill. Soooo, gotta go to Ford in the morning. Looks dorky but if it keeps the snout nose butterflies off the radiator and intercooler, that is all that counts. Drive safely, cya Wed. at the microbrewery!

Sherri,

Did the same thing. Dorky is better than clooged with bugs! See you Wednesday in the pub. Please be safe and watch out for ol Smokey.

Stuart

Archived