TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua Test Track Toons

Blip

As one who can't make the event, I had to find some way to comfort myself.

Came up with the idea for toons of the Terlingua Test Track.

There's got to be some way down there to test the produts.

First up is a Base package Terlingua taking a few hot laps. (Color selection may have

been influenced by the fact there's a Grabber Orange V6 coupe parked in my drive

waiting for a trip to the Tasca Mod shop.) :drool:

There's a second toon almost finished (maybe post it tomorrow) and a third idea that waiting for doodling.

Enjoy and wish I was head that way...

(And yes, the armadillo has access to Ebay.)

TTTpart2.jpg

I'll pay for one similar to that with my car on it (yellow hood, black car, black rabbit) , the #15 on the door and the car sorta going "off road" from the track. What size are you making those? If you could make one in a 16x20 it would be perfect with this on my wall :

http://www.cobracountry.com/CCMkt-fotos/poster11.html

Let me know. I'm serious. That will look great on my office wall with the rest of the Terlingua items I have.

Wow, thanks for all the comments! First, let me say I'm not here to try to sell toons. I joined team Shelby because

I'm a life long Mustang nut. Got my first one way back in 1973. And hope to have a Terlingua Mustang built this winter.

Now I'll try to answer some of the questions/requests.

Blip, where in MD are you?

I live in Anne Arundel County, near Crofton.

do you have website that we can see your other works?

I do, but it's so out of date that I won't want anyone to see it yet.

Hoping that someday my web-savy teenage son will help me update it.

Several years ago a friend built it for me in Dreamweaver s/w and I don't know how to manage it. :headscratch::banghead:

You can count me in when you start to sell 'em!...

Absolutely fabulous! I'll buy one...

I'll buy one too.

That's a bit of a problem. When all the trademark/copyright/trade dress stuff starting happening a few years ago,

I backed away from any mass-marketing of prints and stayed with private commissioned CAR-toon caricature designs.

I only do a few of these a year. Tried to get a license from Ford, but the path lead me to a 6 figure $ amount.

That's much, much more than I can afford as a hobby-CARtoonist. Also sent a request to Shelby Licensing, but

never heard anything back, suspect it might be because I'm just to "small a fish" to deal with.

One possibility I haven't tried yet is to see is I can "wholesale" a limited run of prints to the Team Shelby store

which could then re-sell them to the public. I'm open for any ideas?

I'll pay for one similar to that with my car on it (yellow hood, black car, black rabbit) , the #15 on the door and the car sorta going "off road" from the track. What size are you making those? If you could make one in a 16x20 it would be perfect with this on my wall :

Best to just pm me if you're interest in a commissioned custom design.

My current printing size is limited to 8" x 10", but I do provide a jpg file to my clients that they can take to their own local printer.

The original image is created as a vector file, so I have almost unlimited re-sizing capability to the image without degrading the resolution.

Okay on to the next one, went with the 67 "continuation" model doing some hot laps.

He's got a "friendly" time keeper, with a new jacket, marking his lap times. ( Thanks SPRSNK for posting a ref photo)

Also, you might notice what the track workers think of posted speed limits.

TTTpart1.jpg

Thats not too far from where I am, Ive played golf 3 times and once was at the Crofton CC.

If you ever need/want a car to sketch let me know. Id be happy to stop by.

Thanks for the offer, but now for the real surprise...

...I only use ref photos as it's easier for me to see the "shapes" when the car is "flatten" out in a 2d picture as

opposed to seeing it in person. :headscratch:

It's weird but that's how it works for me--I could always take pictures....

(It would be nice to set up something in the area.)

Thanks for the offer, but now for the real surprise...

...I only use ref photos as it's easier for me to see the "shapes" when the car is "flatten" out in a 2d picture as

opposed to seeing it in person. :headscratch:

It's weird but that's how it works for me--I could always take pictures....

(It would be nice to set up something in the area.)

If your interested send me a PM and Ill send contact info, maybe get something going.

• 2 weeks later...

check6--Thanks, and a pm would be the best way to contact me about commissioned CAR-toons.

Reino--would like to arrange something, but currently tied up each weeked helping as an asst coach for my son's 12u football team.

Maybe try something later this fall or early next spring.

Archived