TEAM SHELBY FORUM

32 Ford GTs pop by!!!

ChipBeck

Gentlemen,

Prior to last week's National Ford GT Rally at Carroll Shelby's facility in Las Vegas, I invited all Ford GT owners worldwide to come to Scottsdale for two days of partying followed by a Super Car Convoy to Las Vegas Wednesday morning for the start of the national rally. The turnout was phenomenal with one member coming all the way from Denmark. I hosted a barbecue lunch at my home on Tuesday and the scene outside of my house up and down the street was incredible. 32 Ford GTs were parked all up and down the street!! What a great time. I thought team Shelby members might enjoy these photos.

Chip

PS-- When we got to Las Vegas there were over 150 GTs in the parking garage at Mandalay Bay!

post-12804-1221761604_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1221761633_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1221761643_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1221761604_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1221761633_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1221761643_thumb.jpg

Ah, er.. I want the dark blue one, no..OK, how about the white one, no..ah, how 'bout the Tungsten one then...still no, OK, OK, then the red one.....hhmmm no again, allright, beggers can't be choosers, give me the yellow one then...rats still no.... :hysterical:

Seriously though, If I could, DARK BLUE !!!!

Thanx for sharing the pics...how do I get the droll out of the keyboard?!

Ah, er.. I want the dark blue one, no..OK, how about the white one, no..ah, how 'bout the Tungsten one then...still no, OK, OK, then the red one.....hhmmm no again, allright, beggers can't be choosers, give me the yellow one then...rats still no.... :hysterical:

Seriously though, If I could, DARK BLUE !!!!

Thanx for sharing the pics...how do I get the droll out of the keyboard?!

+1!

CC

Cali, sell your 68 KR and buy one? :headscratch:

It was something I strongly considered when they were first made back in 2004!

But something about the vintage cars, yes, they're rough, crude, don't handle the same...the brakes fade...

Darn it Patrick, now you've got me thinking again...mmmmm...Dark Blue, only the rocker stripe, over the top stripe delete...it is starting to look vintage....

second. :hysterical: and get rid of the old pile of junk. Just kidding, I sometimes regret selling the Mach 1. There is a guy on this forum, that had exactly the same 69 Winter Blue Mach 1. He sold it for his new Shelby too. He did sent me photos of it and it was as if I was looking at my car.

OMG that is way cool!!! Did the guy from Denmark bring his GT?

Mo,

He told me that he looked into it but the round-trip shipping costs were about $14,000. So he had to settle for a rental car that you're going to love. He rented a Hertz Shelby GT-H convertible and he put a magnetic photo image of his white Ford GT on the side! He told me everything worked out real well up to a little over 100 mph and then things got a little dicey. Here's a photo of his rental car Shelby GT-H, CSM07H185 parked behind my yellow Ford GT '06 #589 on one of the Vegas road rallies.

Chip

post-12804-1221805677_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1221805694_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1221805703_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1221805677_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1221805694_thumb.jpg

post-12804-1221805703_thumb.jpg

Mo,

He told me that he looked into it but the round-trip shipping costs were about $14,000. So he had to settle for a rental car that you're going to love. He rented a Hertz Shelby GT-H convertible and he put a magnetic photo image of his white Ford GT on the side! He told me everything worked out real well up to a little over 100 mph and then things got a little dicey. Here's a photo of his rental car Shelby GT-H, CSM07H185 parked behind my yellow Ford GT '06 #589 on one of the Vegas road rallies.

Chip

GTH1.jpg

GTH2.jpg

GTH3.jpg

That is hilarious !!!

Archived