TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TRACK TIME

ratnacage

I'll lead off...

I went to Houston Raceway Park today. The MPH indicates a high 12 (12.9's) should be possible. Traction in 1st and on the shift to 2nd were marginal - plenty of wheel spin, but the adjustable upper control arm made for absolutely zero wheel-hop, so I'm really happy with that. The 60ft time could probably be reduced to 1.5-1.6 with better traction (stickier tires for sure) and a more aggressive launch RPM....and maybe more practice for the driver - who was that guy anyway? :finger:

I actually was only able to make two passes - the first one was pretty bad (it's been a while). The second pass essentially DQ's me from further play since I didn't have a helmet (required for 13.99 or better).

Temp: 85

Humidity: 87%

Launch RPM: 2500

Traction Control: OFF

Fuel: 93 (Exxon)

60ft 1.928

330ft 5.681

1/8 8.689

mph 84.47

1000 11.283

1/4 13.430

mph 105.32

My theory, according to my calculations, is that if I can get a 1.6 60ft and hit 85mph at the 1/8 mile, then I should hit 12.93 at 106 mph. I'm thinking slicks and skinnies should do the trick.

Speed Parts Recap: JBA long tubes, x-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, CAI, 4.10 gear, pulleys, adjustable upper control arm.

Non-speed parts: CTR wheels, eibach springs (-1.5)

This coming Thursday I have a "date" with the dyno. Last check was at 293 rwhp, but the fuel was a mix of crappy dealer gas and 93, so we'll see if we can tune a bit more on good gas.

Good form, Rat! :rockon:

Can't wait for an update.

It'll be a little while till I get there.

I'm going to buy some drag radials for my OEM 17" rims first.

I'm sure everyone would love to see some video when you go again...?

Good form, Rat! :rockon:

Can't wait for an update.

It'll be a little while till I get there.

I'm going to buy some drag radials for my OEM 17" rims first.

I'm sure everyone would love to see some video when you go again...?

I would like to hear how it sounds. :baby:

Archived