TEAM SHELBY FORUM

3 Day 60 Mile Breast Cancer Walk

Hello all,

My wife is doing the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk on November 21 st.. I posted yesterday on the Ford GT Forum and the response was so overwhelming that I decided to post on this forum also. We raised the goal yesterday from $3,000 to $5,000. If you are interested in donating to this worthy cause please follow this link...

Susan G. Komen 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk

To give you an idea of the training she is doing, she leaves the house at 5:00 am and gets back at 6:30 am weekdays. Monday-Wednesday-Friday she has afternoon training from 6:00 pm - 7:15pm. On weekends she walks Saturday & Sunday 10-15 miles. She does all of this plus taking care of our 3 little ones until I get home from work. What a great mom/wife!

Hello all,

My wife is doing the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk on November 21 st.. I posted yesterday on the Ford GT Forum and the response was so overwhelming that I decided to post on this forum also. We raised the goal yesterday from $3,000 to $5,000. If you are interested in donating to this worthy cause please follow this link...

Susan G. Komen 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk

To give you an idea of the training she is doing, she leaves the house at 5:00 am and gets back at 6:30 am weekdays. Monday-Wednesday-Friday she has afternoon training from 6:00 pm - 7:15pm. On weekends she walks Saturday & Sunday 10-15 miles. She does all of this plus taking care of our 3 little ones until I get home from work. What a great mom/wife!

There...give you that little bump up to get the ball rolling. Keep up the good work!

There...give you that little bump up to get the ball rolling. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much. My wife is blown away by the generous donation to a cause that she is so passionate about. She will do us all proud!

The goal is $5,000 we are at $3,800 right now. Please keep it coming folks, no matter how small or large a donation! Also please put down if your from Team Shelby on the note column. :yup:

Hello all,

The goal has now been raised to $6,000. We are at $4,850 today. Keep it coming Forum members, perhaps it can even get it higher if everyone pitches in!

Training report....

Last week was the first full week of training. The first few days she was pretty sore. The week ended in a 9.1 mile walk on Saturday, with a pretty good size blister on one foot. Still she's taking it very well especially with the support of everyone.

Every bit counts!

All the best...

Rick

Hey Rick,

I know what your wifes going through. My daughter has done the 3 day 60 mile walk for three years now. She won't be walking this year ( moved to Bali ). But she did raised $3100 for the foundation before she left.

It takes a very special person to commit to the 3 day, 60 mile walk. Hero's, all of them.

My daughter has done the 3 day 60 mile walk for three years now. She won't be walking this year ( moved to Bali ). But she did raised $3100 for the foundation before she left.

That's just awesome! :happy feet: :happy feet: Was she in San Diego?

My wife has been asked to raise her goal 2 times now by a member of the Ford GT Forum. The response has been fantastic. We are counting down the days until the event and hope to surpass the new goal!

Training report...

Another week has gone by, and my wife is doing well. She did pull a groin muscle last Friday running a Relay Race event during her Boot Camp, which she participates in every weekday morning. Even with that she did walk 9.2 miles Saturday morning with one of her team members. Sunday was a day of rest and recuperation.

She still hasn't missed a day of Boot Camp, and is feeling much better. Tomorrow she is doing a 4 mile run.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, support and donations. She is $550.00 from her goal now of $6,000. We are confident that we will pass that goal also. :yahoo:

All the best....

Rick

Week 3 training report....

This was a good week for training, and my wife is in the groove. No injuries, and she extended her milage. She is still training at the boot camp every weekday morning, and doing walks with some of her team members. Saturday was 16 miles, and Sunday was 9 miles.

I've been taking our kids away on the weekends so that she could have some R & R for herself. That seems to be making a big difference in her stress levels this year. :yup:

The donations have stalled at $5450.00. We are still shooting for $6,000. Please help her meet her goal, she is working very hard and even small amounts add up.

Here is the link again....

Susan G. Komen 3 Day 60 Mile Breast Cancer Walk

Thank you...

Rick

Week 4 Training report......

She just completed her "boot camp" results were good. She took another 2 minutes off her running time for the mile.

This week is an off week for the boot camp. The camp will start again next week, and go through until a week before her walk. The break is much needed, she has pushed herself very hard.

And with all the smoke around from the fires it's just as well.

We have reached our goal, but that doesn't mean we have to stop. All donations are much appreciated in any amount.

All the best....

Rick

• 4 weeks later...

Week 7 report....

Next week on the 21st is the start of the 3 DAY BREAST CANCER WALK!!!! As of today her site has raised over $7,000!! And the donations are still coming in!!

This weekend was another walk for 16 miles. "Boot Camp" weekday mornings have continued. She is in good spirits, and in good shape!

If you would like to help please go to this link..Christy Saute 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk Shooting for $8,000 now!

All the best....

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's over! I finished every last mile, too!

Day One started at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, wound down through Torrey Pines, through La Jolla, and finally 21.8 miles in, wound down to Mission Bay and camp. Day Two had us traipsing around residential areas near Mission Bay and Ocean Beach. Thankfully, the early morning hills were completed with a nice cooling marine layer! The afternoon brought us back around the beach and 20 miles later, back to camp. Day Three was 15 miles heading south through Old Town, Balboa Park, and into Downtown to Petco Park Stadium. It was great to finally be done... until next year!

For all who cheered me on, and all who supported me on this forum, Thank you. You are a great bunch!

Christy Saute

Here are some of the photos from the event!

Opening Ceremony

DSCN0003.jpg

Overlooking the 1st Pit Stop (notice all the Port-a-Potties!)

DSCN0005.jpg

My Biggest Sponsor! (Ford GT Forum)

DSCN0022.jpg

A Crazy "Walker Stalker"

DSCN0030.jpg

The Finish Line

DSCN0036.jpg

Archived