TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 shelby gt upgrade price?

timmyer

I have forgotten. What was the amount of the list price for the shelby gt upgrade. My window sticker had no amount.......just the $1000.00 gas guzzler price. I have a man interested in buying my car and I can't remember that figure. I'm thinking it was around $7800.00!!!!!!!!!!!!

SGTs should have two stickers. One is the dealer sticker. The second is the Shelby sticker that was attached by SAI. The dealer sticker is on the passenger window, on my cars the SAI sticker was on the front windshield on the passenger side (within a stone's throw of the dealer sticker).

SAI prices were different from '07 to '08, and further different between coupes and 'verts.

The early 2007 Shelby GTs. Came with a SAI sticker along side the manufacture sticker that showed the $7390 upfitting dealer invoice to the dealers and the $1000 gas guzzler tax. The majority of 2007s came with a SAI sticker that only showed the $1000 gas guzzler tax. The speculation was that the original sticker made it appeared that the MSRP for the Shelby upfitting was $7390 plus the $1000 gas guzzler tax. In reality the $7390 is what was charged to dealers on invoice. Further speculation was that dealers or regional reps asked for the stickers to be changed. Many dealers around me removed the Shelby sticker on the early cars.

This was the speculation around the time. I don't remember if we ever got an official reason.

Archived