TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Mustang gets replica of our front end

diamondback

The interior looks good, aside from the armrest-less center console, and the steering wheel looks to have more than just cruise control buttons on it, also see auto lamps, and the center stack looks a lot cleaner.

Exterior wise, I need to see it in person, right now I am glad I got an 08!!!

Well, looks like they gave people what they wanted.

http://www.themustangnews.com/gallery/show...?i=721&c=17

This shouldn't be a surprise since what is essentially the new front was depicted in Car & Driver some months ago. I thought at the time, oh great, now every 20 year old can have a six banger that every one will mistake for a 07-09 GT500. Thanks again, Ford, for making my '07 REAL exclusive. The 2010 GT500 now has a capped nose ala the '68 Shelby (or F150). Not sure I like it.

You will never know how much you are going to like it until you see it in person. Pictures are one thing, see it in person is another.

This maybe true, but the '07 thru '09 then have the advantage of not only looking good in person, but good in pictures, too. The new rear end look goofy, in pictures ,with whatever that mega plastic diaper looking think is hanging off its rear. Looks like a sumo wrestler rear end.

It will grow on me, and it is still a Mustang, so I will love it the same....

Honeslty, I think Im done with Ford after ownership of this car.

First they say the GT500 will be built for around 2 years at 7-10k miles, but Ford decides on building it indefinitely.

Now Ford decides to put the GT500 front end on every single Mustang built starting in 2010. Wow that is just awsome (sarcasim)

This happened to me with my 99 Cobra hood, they soon released it on all 6 cylinder Mustangs.

Unfreakinbelievable, SAI won't let us buy KR parts, but Ford will whore out everything on the GT500.

Oh well, now my stripe delete car will become even more stealthy come 2010

Honeslty, I think Im done with Ford after ownership of this car.

First they say the GT500 will be built for around 2 years at 7-10k miles, but Ford decides on building it indefinitely.

Now Ford decides to put the GT500 front end on every single Mustang built starting in 2010. Wow that is just awsome (sarcasim)

This happened to me with my 99 Cobra hood, they soon released it on all 6 cylinder Mustangs.

Unfreakinbelievable, SAI won't let us buy KR parts, but Ford will whore out everything on the GT500.

Oh well, now my stripe delete car will become even more stealthy come 2010

Ha! I just noticed that all mustangs will now have the Speedo on the left and tach on the right. Another stolen que from the GT500.

I had a feeling all of this was going to happen the way everyone was drooling over the way our cars looked and some of the unique features it has and I bet it actualy hurt sales to an extent of the regular mustangs because most people wanted something they could not obtain and would not settle with the regular mustang.

Well... people are going to get what they asked for and I think sales are going to go through the roof again because Ford is giving it to them with this model.

Hmmm...I like the GT maybe because it looks the most like our current MY Gt500. I do not like how the nose on the cobra rises out into the hood vs. under for the GT. I like the wheel selections, the mirrors and the kink behind the top of the door on the verts. The interior quality looks better but seems a little blah to me. She's still a big girl even with the nip/tuck. I heard the weight will stay about the same and if so it's a missed opportunity to improve performance and get better mpg. As they say, opinions are like a@@&oles, everyone has one! I'll bet they sell well.

Hmmm...I like the GT maybe because it looks the most like our current MY Gt500. I do not like how the nose on the cobra rises out into the hood vs. under for the GT. I like the wheel selections, the mirrors and the kink behind the top of the door on the verts. The interior quality looks better but seems a little blah to me. She's still a big girl even with the nip/tuck. I heard the weight will stay about the same and if so it's a missed opportunity to improve performance and get better mpg. As they say, opinions are like a@@&oles, everyone has one! I'll bet they sell well.

This one is not a complete overhaul - it still rides on the current platform, so the weight was not expected to change much if at all. Reportedly in 2014(?) we'll be seeing the next, completely new generation. Performance will in fact be improved on the 2010 because of the engine changes / more HP. Mileage improvements? - no one know yet.

The same thing happened on the SN95 platform. To help make Ford more money, they use the same platform for a longer period of time so they can recoupe the developement cost of the platform. This also helps them out in the retooling process and on down the line. I still have mixed feelings on the new car but I will wait to judge it when it comes out and I see it in person.

Archived