TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500 Production numbers

1badshelby

Not knowing any better I called Ford performance about the "certificate of authenticity" for my new 09 500. The person on the phone, of course, said that I would need to call back next year for that, but said that he had heard the 09 year model was to be cut "very short". Anyone else heard this rumor, or have inside knowledge on this subject?

Mike

Our guide at the plant said 09` ends in a week & they are shutdown for two weeks to switch over 2010.

We saw some 2010 & the Shelby hoods very nice, some were lucky enough to see one & sit in it.

We were told 2010 starts after the first of the year. Our scheduling guide shows 1/30/09 as the last day of production for 09 mustang.

I haven't seen much about the 2010 Shelby, so I am thrilled I was able to get ahold of an 09. Will the reduced number of 09's have any bearing on future value? Not that I really care, I keep mine forever now.

Mike

If you won't sell, it's pretty valuable. Hope to never have to sell my 07. Never say never.

As SD mentioned, the information Ford is giving us dealers is that '09 Mustang production ends January 30th, 2009. With only 3,000 GT500's being built in 2009, I guess I should feel great that we've got 3 '09 GT500's (1 here in the showroom at MSRP, 1 built and in transit right now, and 1 more order pulled and serialized - just waiting for production). Heck, we might even get a 4th and a 5th by the time allocation is done for '09 at this rate!

For those who end up hating the 2010 restyle, the '09 will be an awesome opportunity to grab a new GT500 at a price of MSRP or less. For those who end up loving the 2010 restyle, the discounted prices (relative to the 2010's) may still be enough incentive to consider the '09's, but the 2010 model year stands to be a VERY long model year with more than enough supply to satisfy demand for those who will hold out for the '10 models.

As SD mentioned, the information Ford is giving us dealers is that '09 Mustang production ends January 30th, 2009. With only 3,000 GT500's being built in 2009, I guess I should feel great that we've got 3 '09 GT500's (1 here in the showroom at MSRP, 1 built and in transit right now, and 1 more order pulled and serialized - just waiting for production). Heck, we might even get a 4th and a 5th by the time allocation is done for '09 at this rate!

For those who end up hating the 2010 restyle, the '09 will be an awesome opportunity to grab a new GT500 at a price of MSRP or less. For those who end up loving the 2010 restyle, the discounted prices (relative to the 2010's) may still be enough incentive to consider the '09's, but the 2010 model year stands to be a VERY long model year with more than enough supply to satisfy demand for those who will hold out for the '10 models.

You guys are spoiled! :hysterical:

We only got two for 07, one for 08 and one for 09.

Over all I like the look of the 07 - 09 better than the 2010

Just got a reply from Ralph, he said "The 2010 Mustang launches in January 2009" ..... I know it's not very specific with an actual date as to when 2009 stops but it does say 2010 starts in January, IMHO & past experience putting in lines at Ford, the line is being changed over during the Christmas shutdown & new start-ups can only go into production after the personnel come back & get trained on what's different for the assembly process. The 2010 cars will be rolling off the line by the end of January 2009 :happy feet: and in dealership floor rooms starting in February 2009 :shift:

You guys are spoiled! :hysterical:

We only got two for 07, one for 08 and one for 09.

Over all I like the look of the 07 - 09 better than the 2010

Wow, just 4 total GT500's for 07-09? While we've always been a "truck" store (sales skewed toward trucks & SUV's), we've also always sold a bunch of Mustangs so we earn a lot of SVT products every year. We got 6 '07 GT500's, 5 '08 GT500's, and now 3 '09 GT500's (with the possibility of more perhaps). I was looking at our yearly new vehicle sales figures, and our #1 seller is F-series trucks, #2 is Focus, and #3 is Mustang. It's amazing how many people are still buying Mustangs, but I'm glad to see it!!!

:shift:

I haven't seen much about the 2010 Shelby, so I am thrilled I was able to get ahold of an 09. Will the reduced number of 09's have any bearing on future value? Not that I really care, I keep mine forever now.

Mike

[/quote the 07 mustang shelby built by ford is the 40th anniversery shelby and the rest are model changes- value as collector cars doudtful- muscle cars for sure- if you keep yours forever it will be very valuable indeed.

Archived