TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Trunk liner in the concept car

Grabber

I saw this trunk liner in the Ford GT500 KR concept car that Robert had at the Dearborn event.

Is this standard in all the KR's ?

It sure trims out the trunk nicely.

Dearborn2008029.jpg

I like the look. How do you think it compares to the trunk storage system you put it? Except for the storage is the quality similar, what about sound proffing?

Al

I like the look. How do you think it compares to the trunk storage system you put it? Except for the storage is the quality similar, what about sound proffing?

Al

It looks nice, but has no storage. I like mine for that reason. I'm not sure this is standard on the KR's or if you could even buy it since it is a KR product.

Here's mine:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=25109&hl=

I really like the finished look that gives to the trunk. I also like the "saddle bags" for the trunk lid. Cool idea! Who ever came up with that one was doing some clever thinking. I'd like the storage, but like the clean look of that trunk liner also. How can we find out where and if it's available???

Thanks!

I contacted Ford today, this is not in Fords parts catalog. Called Shelby next, and was told its a KR item only and not for sale to the public. That's too bad. I really think it looks good, even better than CDC storage version.

I would love one, I hope they make it availble.

I think it's dead weight and useless. I can understand a trunk liner on a Lincoln but not a GT500 or GT500KR. Not much road noise coming from the top of your trunk.

Adding weight for no useful purpose doesn't make sense.

Lucky :poke: (or is it UnLucky ?) :headscratch:

It's not useless if it looks good to the user. :idea:

Besides that it weighs less than a quart of gas !!! :hysterical:

• 1 month later...
Would this piece be of any interest in terms of our search for something that finished off the inside of the trunk lid? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06-07-08...86398QQtcZphoto

Jim

Jim,

Have you seen this one ?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...classic+designs

The KR trunk liner looks like the products marketed by Grand design Mat without any markings. Their products are licensed by Ford so it makes sense. The website is www.granddesignmat.com

....check the two out side by side, different coverage and differing attachment method...I have been looking all over the web for what I want, and am now having one custom built......

Hi Grabber,

I saw that one and remember when you installed it. I recall you saying it was a monster to get right (which means the rest of us would find it impossible to do). Odd that there is not a perfect product out there given that such a product would have appeal to all Mustang owners.

Jim

Hi Grabber,

I saw that one and remember when you installed it. I recall you saying it was a monster to get right (which means the rest of us would find it impossible to do). Odd that there is not a perfect product out there given that such a product would have appeal to all Mustang owners.

Jim

The instructions were real bad, that's why it did a write up. To save you a hassle.

• 4 months later...
....check the two out side by side, different coverage and differing attachment method...I have been looking all over the web for what I want, and am now having one custom built......

Did you ever have this done?

Pics!

Did you ever have this done?

Pics!

..not done yet Alan; I need to get back to his shop and let him do the final fitting of the panel, and then tell him exactly what is to be embroidered on the fabric, and then find a shop that can do the work (think licensing etc).....I tend to not get in a hurry on shelby projects until Spring hits.....I imagine any interior shop could do this though

originally I was gonna use a thin piece of plywood (I actually already have the pieces cut (main piece and two small pieces to curve up and fit around the lock) and had the fabric to fit over the plywood. I have also already moved the electrical to within the trunk frame to get it out of the way. I ran into this young man at a show last fall and he convinced me to let him try, since he could use a lightweight panel that could be Velcroed to the trunk lid (I was going to have to use something heavier duty).

..not done yet Alan; I need to get back to his shop and let him do the final fitting of the panel, and then tell him exactly what is to be embroidered on the fabric, and then find a shop that can do the work (think licensing etc).....I tend to not get in a hurry on shelby projects until Spring hits.....I imagine any interior shop could do this though

originally I was gonna use a thin piece of plywood (I actually already have the pieces cut (main piece and two small pieces to curve up and fit around the lock) and had the fabric to fit over the plywood. I have also already moved the electrical to within the trunk frame to get it out of the way. I ran into this young man at a show last fall and he convinced me to let him try, since he could use a lightweight panel that could be Velcroed to the trunk lid (I was going to have to use something heavier duty).

Well its Spring now.

I expect a to see finished product at Shelby Fest. I need some ideas to copy.

• 4 months later...

Got my KR deck lid liner today.

Fits like a glove, it will be a big improvement over bare metal.

No hardware in the box. Robert says that the hardware packs are shipping separately.

Archived