TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Santa Clarita (CA) Route 66 Restaurant Car Show

rickdarling

I was at our local car show yesterday and noticed 4 GT 500s parked in an adjacent parking lot. 2 were KRs, one of which was a convertible. You guys (girls?) out there? I rarely see GT 500s (other than my own) in Santa Clarita.

Hey Rick! One of the cars that you saw is mine. We must have been inside eating dinner when you came by and saw our cars. I have the GO Super Snake convertible (not a KR), TS member "Shelbyite" was driving the sliver and blue KR, and the red with white striped GT500 that was parked behind my car belongs to TS member "Shelby Steve".

I/we did not see the 4th GT500, but if it was a Tungston colored car, that may have been the car that's owned by a gal named Wendy who we had just met for the first time that night. She told me that she owned an 07' Tungston colored 500 coupe.

Sorry that we missed each other, but as it is right now, we plan to return next month for the final Route 66 show of the summer; otherwise we frequently show up at Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake on Friday nights. maybe we'll see you next month at Route 66, or some Friday night at Bob's.

Son,

Sorry I missed you guys. Believe it or not, I was actually wearing my Team Shelby shirt.

I'll be looking for you next month. I have a 70 chevelle I'm entering. Black with purple flames and dual quads sticking out of the hood. If you see it before I see you, drop in and say hi.

Although it's been a while, my wife grew up in Sherman Oaks and we eat at the Toluca Lake Bob's Big Boy from time to time. I've heard that Friday night is pretty good but haven't (as of yet) had a change to check it out. Look's like you guys are giving me a good reason to now.

Rick

I was at our local car show yesterday and noticed 4 GT 500s parked in an adjacent parking lot. 2 were KRs, one of which was a convertible. You guys (girls?) out there? I rarely see GT 500s (other than my own) in Santa Clarita.

I have had my 07 Tungsten since Sept 22, 2006. Son of GT, wendy is my lady. She loved your car.

I have had my 07 Tungsten since Sept 22, 2006. Son of GT, wendy is my lady. She loved your car.

Well, it was great to meet her, and she seems like a very nice person that is very passionate about Mustangs and of course Shelbys too! She is quite knowledgable about the Super Snake package and she was indeed excited to see my car.

It's always great to meet/see other GT500 owners and/or Team Shelby members at local car gatherings and shows, and hopefully we can all meet each other at Route 66 next month.

Archived