TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR on eBay - reserve met, how much will it go for?

ctann

Hi all,

Looks like a KR on eBay that will actually sell:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...hlink:middle:us

4 hours to go, $80,100 and reserve is met. So, assuming it is a real sale and there are no shills, it could set a new standard for KR pricing...

[by the way, this auction is nothing to do with me, I'm just an interested observer...]

Chris.

That is exactly why my roommate (who won the OIF raffle to purchase a Black KR at MSRP) decided to forgo the purchase. He estimated that in one year, anyone could buy a KR at MSRP. Looks like it is happening in only a matter of months. He was basing that on the fact that the GT 500s were now selling for MSRP and the SGTs were selling for thousands less than MSRP, with 2007 models still in many showrooms. It will be interesting to see if it sells for the current bid price. Thanks for posting. I too am an interested observer. :)

It is being sold by a private seller. It isn't clear whether the buyer can step in and complete the purchase where they can be the first owner of record or if they will be buying it from the seller as the second owner of record.

Also, IF they are buying this from the seller as second owner of record and unless this seller paid below MSRP, they are going to take a loss at that current price since the seller would have had to pay sales tax on that car.

It is being sold by a private seller...

Hmm, I didn't read the text that closely, I just assumed it was being sold by a dealership - thanks for pointing that out.

"So, assuming it is a real sale and there are no shills"

After re-reading the auction, that sounds like a big assumption... :finger:

Still, watching with interest... :lurk:

The current bid of $81,100 is a $1,000 below MSRP.

I wonder if this could possibly be the GT500KR that was given away in the Knight Rider contest? That was a black KR. We never heard who won that car. This would make more sense how someone could sell it as a private party for less than MSRP, especially since it was sold to another dealer and then shipped to another dealer. Unless this is a drop shipment I don't know how a dealer could buy it from one dealer and sell it for under MSRP where the actual buyer can turn around and sell it for less than MSRP.

Something is odd here.

Well, that was lame. The three high bidders retracted their bids in the last few minutes of the auction. I really don't get it, I didn't think you were even allowed to cancel a bid like that (eBay policy states that you must cancel within one hour of placing the bid during the last 12 hours).

Ah well, I'm not even going to start on how eBay is a haven for shills and so on. Lets just mark this one down as yet-another non-selling KR on eBay.

Chris.

That was so strange we bidded on the car up to 83000 and then bid dropped to 65000 and auction ended . What a farse I called my friend and his screen went from 83100 to 65000 and it all ended We called the guy offerd him 85000 and he took our name and that was it.

Something very, very fishy went on with that auction.

Three different bidders all cancelled their bids within a minute of each other???

Cancelled: Sep-14-08 17:43:55 PDT

Cancelled: Sep-14-08 17:43:06 PDT

Cancelled: Sep-14-08 17:44:05 PDT

All three bidders used the same excuse for their bid retraction. All three bidders retracted their bids within three minutes before the auction end??

Anybody with ebay experience can read between the lines on this one.

Steve

Something very, very fishy went on with that auction.

Three different bidders all cancelled their bids within a minute of each other???

Cancelled: Sep-14-08 17:43:55 PDT

Cancelled: Sep-14-08 17:43:06 PDT

Cancelled: Sep-14-08 17:44:05 PDT

All three bidders used the same excuse for their bid retraction. All three bidders retracted their bids within three minutes before the auction end??

Anybody with ebay experience can read between the lines on this one.

Steve

Maybe all three had their money in Lehmann Bros.

Maybe all three had their money in Lehmann Bros.

or AIG....guys find a dealer willing to at least talk on KR price if you really must have one...egay so so wrought with shill bidding and unethical practices you would really do well to find a KR by not relying on egay...

ps: lemann bros went out at 18cents on the dollar....so put that in perspective when you lay down 100K on a kr...which i believe is absoulty crazy...cant say i would not like to have one...but at this point the KR is not worth anything near that price...heck ive heard rumors of KR production through MY 2011

Archived