TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jolly Roger's Ride is HERE!!!

Jolly Roger

Well, after much frustration and not a little bit of drama, my Tungsten/Silver Shelby Coupe finally arrived at my dealer this past Thursday. :happy feet: I picked it up yesterday afternoon, and I am VERY pleased. What a car! :bandance: Unfortunately it has been raining almost constantly since I picked it up, but the power and performance on WET roads is pretty amazing. I can't wait to take it out when it is dry!

Here are a few quick observations:

1. The fit and finish is really excellent.

2. My stripes were very well done - no issues here.

3. The interior upgrade package looks very nice - the leather seams on the dash, etc. are all perfect, and I like the display.

4. No clutch chatter.

5. The valet tune disappeared on the drive home from the dealer - it makes boost with harder acceleration up to about 10 psi. I love that whine!

6. The transmission is awesome! I like the ratios much better than on the 5-speed Mustang I just sold. Very smooth. The shifter has noticeably shorter throws than the 5 speed Mustang.

7. The exhaust is only slightly quieter and less aggressive than my '05 GT at idle, but the Shelby is definitely quieter in the cabin under acceleration. I don't mind that, because I can hear the blower better than I would if the exhaust note were louder.

8. I particularly like the color combination I chose. There is a slight purple hue to the Tungsten Gray, which is a neat effect. The creases and different planes of each body panel really are accentuated with a mid-toned color like the Tungsten Gray, and the color of the car also looks somewhat different in different lighting conditions.

9. I agree with others on this site who have mentioned that pictures of this car really don't do it justice. I have my first sight of my car parked in the corner of the dealership burned on my brain. My smile was a mile wide! Even my wife, who isn't a car nut, REALLY liked the look of this car. It is raked forward a bit more than I expected - it looks like it is leaning forward a little - and this helps to give the car a very powerful look. It really does look like a badass car! :shift:

10. There is plenty of room in the back for a half sheet of plywood, some 2 x 4's, my son and daughter, and my two dogs - just kidding!!! :hysterical:

The sun is just starting to come out, so hopefully I'll be able to drive it on some dry pavement today. Once it's done raining, I want to get it cleaned up, and then I'll shoot some pictures for everyone. I'll post them here soon!

Thanks to everyone on this site for your support and thanks again to VNMOUS1 for the Darryl Hazel hook up. I would probably STILL be waiting for my car if I hadn't been able to email Darryl for help. I have already sent Darryl and his people a nice thank-you email. :cheerleader:

I hope everyone here who is waiting on a car gets it very soon!

Tungsten rocks :rockon: (looks great on cloudy days)

Do you think the exhaust note will get louder in time (my 06 did) Did your 05?

Do the crimson inserts go well with the exterior color?

Dont forget us. :yup: (photos)

I had my '05 Mustang GT for a little over a year, and I put about 7,500 miles on it, but I didn't notice any change to the exhaust sound. We'll see what happens with the Shelby.

I actually got the charcoal interior, so I can't speak to the crimson inserts. Personally, I don't think that the crimson inserts and the Tungston would go together very well, but I haven't seen it in person.

I'll post pics soon, don't worry! :shift:

i'm interested in the color.... anyone have any video maybe that better shows what you are talking about (with the purple hue?). I'v not seen one in person.

Must see color in person. Changes with the light of the day (but in a good way).

Sorry Jolley, someones getting a T-grey anyday with the crim/red inserts on here, Enjoy that ride!

Congrats Jolly!!

I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on this car in the rain...in the Germany commercial it seemed very tight as it cornered..I'm wondering if it had slicks on for wet weather...how do you find it handles in the rain...any slipping, Wheel hop when you get on it?

Also curious about your PDI experience...had you given the dealer special instructions ?

Cheers,

Requis

Enjoy the time..hopefully your in a warmer climate than us up here in Canada...its been wet and cold Since August.

Congrats Jolly!!

I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on this car in the rain...in the Germany commercial it seemed very tight as it cornered..I'm wondering if it had slicks on for wet weather...how do you find it handles in the rain...any slipping, Wheel hop when you get on it?

Also curious about your PDI experience...had you given the dealer special instructions ?

Cheers,

Requis

Enjoy the time..hopefully your in a warmer climate than us up here in Canada...its been wet and cold Since August.

I admit that I didn't push it terribly hard since it was so new and I didn't want to crash it not know it's capabilities, but I WAS impressed with the traction on the wet roads. I was able to launch with quite a bit of throttle and acceleration, and it did seem to corner very well. I noticed some wheel hop with the traction control on both yesterday on wet roads and again today on dry roads, however.

My dealer PDI'd the car himself: handwash, removed stickers and prep'd the interior, no road test, etc. He did a very nice job - the car was immaculate. My dealer was very particular about who touched this car and what was done to it. He asked me a lot of questions both before the car arrived and then again after it was delivered so he knew for sure what I wanted. This was Glenn Betten at Tony Betten Ford in Grand Rapids, and he was great. :shift:

We had a beautiful day here in West Michigan today, and my car now has about 260 miles on it! Damn, does this baby move! I loved my '05 Mustang GT, but the Shelby puts it to shame. It is really something special.

I have a few pics for you all I took today:

post-5308-1159749789_thumb.jpgpost-5308-1159749865_thumb.jpgpost-5308-1159749979_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159750090_thumb.jpgpost-5308-1159750227_thumb.jpgpost-5308-1159750299_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159750349_thumb.jpgpost-5308-1159750397_thumb.jpgpost-5308-1159750448_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159749789_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159749865_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159749979_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159750090_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159750227_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159750299_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159750349_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159750397_thumb.jpg

post-5308-1159750448_thumb.jpg

Archived