TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RAMPS, LOW PROFILE???

ACCLERCR

Guys,

I purchased Rhino ramps because I was told that these were pretty low profile ramps, however, my front splitter permits from driving up. I have to return them, but I wanted to know if any of you know of any other make out there for a 2008 GT500.

Also, I purchased all my oil, wheel chucks, etc., and now I'm thinking of just taking the oil + filter and finding a place that can do it for me...but I prefer a place that has a pit rather than have them put the car on lifts...I don't even know where on the car they would place the lifts.

Car has about 850 miles on it...I read somewhere that it's good to do the 1st oil change at 1,000 miles...is this true, or can I wait until 3,000?

Please help...thanks!

Guys,

I purchased Rhino ramps because I was told that these were pretty low profile ramps, however, my front splitter permits from driving up. I have to return them, but I wanted to know if any of you know of any other make out there for a 2008 GT500.

Also, I purchased all my oil, wheel chucks, etc., and now I'm thinking of just taking the oil + filter and finding a place that can do it for me...but I prefer a place that has a pit rather than have them put the car on lifts...I don't even know where on the car they would place the lifts.

Car has about 850 miles on it...I read somewhere that it's good to do the 1st oil change at 1,000 miles...is this true, or can I wait until 3,000?

Please help...thanks!

Raceramps.com are good. I have them. They also have a two piece setup so that after you drive up, the front section can be removed for better access under. No hitting of the splitter.

Did my first oil change about that. And ever 3k thereafter. Just make sure only 6.5 goes in and you use the proper filter. Many threads in here on this also.

No issue with lifts. Prongs get placed just rear of the front tire, and forward of the rear tire (where the lca is). There's a tread in here on lifting/jacking points of the vehicle. It's a sticky thread grabber started.

The low profile race ramps look just right for this car, but I've shyed away from ramps after an incident with my Honda Accord many years back. I tried driving it onto metal ramps and one of them shot out from under the tire and ended up propping the car up in a very precarious position. Now the Accord is a front wheel drive car so don't know whether it is easier with the 500.

How difficult is it to drive the GT500 onto ramps? Do you slip the clutch while driving up? Now backing it onto ramps like Grabber does - that really scares me.

Interesting. Are those just plain Wal Mart type ramps? Grabber did that with boards from the front.

Thanks all!

The raceramps look like the way to go...nice design. I just sent them an email to ensure I buy the right model for my car.

Any suggestions on a local shop for NYS Inspections? I have time, but I just don't want to leave the car with a dealership, especially one that doesn't let you watch what they are doing.

I made mine out of 2X10"s as outlined elsewhere on this forum with excellent results. The only mod I made was to use hooks to connect the top level (4th level) to the rest of the ramps so I could disconect to get under the car from behind the front wheels. No slip and easier to drive up than any ramp I have ever used. A little heavy but the "bumps" from one level to the next makes them so easy to use. Randy

I made mine out of 2X10"s as outlined elsewhere on this forum with excellent results. The only mod I made was to use hooks to connect the top level (4th level) to the rest of the ramps so I could disconect to get under the car from behind the front wheels. No slip and easier to drive up than any ramp I have ever used. A little heavy but the "bumps" from one level to the next makes them so easy to use. Randy

got dimensions? pics?

Guys,

Please help...thanks!

I did my first oil change a few weeks back. I used the walmart ramps which I think are the same as the Rhino ramps just a different name. I didn't have any 2 X 10 wood laying around so I just cut up some 3/4" ply and glued it together to get the proper height so the splitter clears the ramps. Just make sure you have a good tool to get the filter off. I don't think they pre-lube the seal when they install it and I broke my clamp type oil wrench trying to get the thing to budge. Went out and bought the pliers type of tool and finally got it off.

• 2 weeks later...
got dimensions? pics?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=435436

Used it for many lifts, oil changes, exhaust changes, inspections, lost count how many times I've run many cars up this backyard built creation. I also have the plastic drive up version and watched them shoot out from underneath the car while trying to drive up on them. This wooden version doesn't require a spotter and it definitely won't shoot out from underneath because once built, they're heavy. I just drive up and hit the stopper. For approx. $40.00 and a weekend of drilling and screwing, it's the best investments I've made and the credit goes to the hyperlink at the bottom of this attached thread. Go to the threat above and read on. Cheap, functional and easy to build.

Airborne

Guys,

Please help...thanks!

I use the Rhino ramps for all 3 of my Mustangs.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=30835&hl=

Archived