TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Very incompetent dealership

07SHELBY GT

A few months ago I take my ride in for the first FREE oil change.I've already posted how evn after i told them the correct revised level and ordered the correct oil into their parts dept they installed 7 qts of 5-20 for me.As if the oil cap said nothing on it.

They seemed to install a lifter ticking free of charge at the same time also free of charge.I get home check the level and twice they overfilled it so I get under the car to drain some out and whoopee! my drain plug is finger tight.

Fast forward to earlier this week,I have to take it in because the differential has the slow tight turn noise and howls at certain speeds.They are the only SVT certified dealer in my area which obviuosly means that they sell them but cannot work on them as we'll get to that.

They call me yesterday to come pick it up telling me that the guy who did my repairs has been doing differential work for 30 years and it should now be better than new.Great as I'm wanting to pimp my ride this weekend because the weather is nice and I haven't put 300 mile on it in two months.I get on the road and not 400 ft from the dealership I'm hearing a worse whining than when i took it in and to top it off when it gets to 45 mph now i have a vibration from hell that only increases exponentially with speed.I call them and they can only say go ahead and drive it home(WTF!?!?!)because the rental car place is closed.

I get to take it back today,Wish me luck as I get to let these highly trained techs work on my car once more :cry: Obviously when you purchase a 45k+ car they will still treat you as if you bought a used Taurus,Sad.

That sucks man, I hope it gets worked out.

This si why I specify to the manager what I want typed up on the work order (oil weight) and request the extra 1/2 qt to be shown to me when I pick up my car.

On the rear end howl, unfortunately, this is actually normal for our posi rears. I had my rear end replaced after the 1st week (axle out od spec) and the brand new one also howls in low speed tight turns. You should not be hearing this NEW noise however.

I would report them to FoMoCo's customer service divison.

I would report them to FoMoCo's customer service divison.

+1 And make sure sure you keep a good paper trail and document everything. If any permanent damage occurs I would also utilize the BBB. Good luck.

I have kept up with the work orders so far.........I have the one they handed me with the part #'s for the wrong oil.I also have the newest one where they have some part #'s listed and charged for over $1000 for the warranty repairs on the now more deficient rear diff.

They offered me a rental,Well I sort of demanded one but on second thought just dropped it off because I am frustrated and you can probably figure that the rental extra coverage wouldn't be quite enough before it was over :hysterical:

Anyway,Thanks for the sympathy,I am going to call Ford on monday and see what can be done to correct the retarded dealership.

A few months ago I take my ride in for the first FREE oil change.I've already posted how evn after i told them the correct revised level and ordered the correct oil into their parts dept they installed 7 qts of 5-20 for me.As if the oil cap said nothing on it.

They seemed to install a lifter ticking free of charge at the same time also free of charge.I get home check the level and twice they overfilled it so I get under the car to drain some out and whoopee! my drain plug is finger tight.

Fast forward to earlier this week,I have to take it in because the differential has the slow tight turn noise and howls at certain speeds.They are the only SVT certified dealer in my area which obviuosly means that they sell them but cannot work on them as we'll get to that.

They call me yesterday to come pick it up telling me that the guy who did my repairs has been doing differential work for 30 years and it should now be better than new.Great as I'm wanting to pimp my ride this weekend because the weather is nice and I haven't put 300 mile on it in two months.I get on the road and not 400 ft from the dealership I'm hearing a worse whining than when i took it in and to top it off when it gets to 45 mph now i have a vibration from hell that only increases exponentially with speed.I call them and they can only say go ahead and drive it home(WTF!?!?!)because the rental car place is closed.

I get to take it back today,Wish me luck as I get to let these highly trained techs work on my car once more :cry: Obviously when you purchase a 45k+ car they will still treat you as if you bought a used Taurus,Sad.

I't guys like this that make it tough for the rest of us ford cert. techs,but maybe it's different in canada? check the work oder to see if friction modifier was charged out and used.

Friction modifier was supposedly installed along with a ring and pinion and some new fluid.The parts counter at this particular dealership also shos the head bearing for the pinion to be the same on the 08' Mustang GT,Bullitt and GT500 where as the latter two take a different bearing as some of you already know.I'm not even sure if the correct GT500 3:31 gears were installed.I do know that I have installed many Ring and pinion sets over the years and never had one come out like this set up.My first install had a tiny whine but held up under 450hp of nitrous fed small block chevy without fail.

I'm thinking that this guy needs a little more training and someone to at least drive it around the block when they are done.We shall see how it goes after I request a complete diff be installed as they obviously cannot work on one.

WHAT??? Drive it around the block??? I'm almost certain that most of the techs in our local dealership come to work on the "short bus" knowhatimean? I have to demand (and be downright mean about it) to get either the service manager or the service writer to even come out and listen to my vehicle, much less take a drive in it. They act like you're going to kidnap them or something. I haven't taken the GT 500 in for service yet, which I'm sure will be an entertaining and interesting experience!

Call FoMoCo service rep NOW!

Good luck!

This is exactly the reason I want to find where the Master Techs that really know about GT500's are in my area. So...to be able to sell them they have to send their techs to special training? Does Ford have a directory where to find the nearest "Factory Trained Technician"? I'm trying to find where the top tech(s) are before I run into a problem like the flywheel/clutch TSB.

This is exactly the reason I want to find where the Master Techs that really know about GT500's are in my area. So...to be able to sell them they have to send their techs to special training? Does Ford have a directory where to find the nearest "Factory Trained Technician"? I'm trying to find where the top tech(s) are before I run into a problem like the flywheel/clutch TSB.

That's one of the smartest things you could do, IMO.

+1 And make sure sure you keep a good paper trail and document everything. If any permanent damage occurs I would also utilize the BBB. Good luck.

The BBB is pretty much worthless!

You file a complaint. They forward your complaint to the business. If the business fails to respond back the BBB posts an unsatisfactory rating. If the business responds back, nothing else happens and no unsatisfactory rating gets posted merely because they responded. Note, they only need to just respond back. So they can respond back by saying, we will attempt to fix the problem, we did fix the problem or simply say it isn't their fault and there is nothing more they can do about it. Case closed! Your next step is to take the business to court.

The BBB is in no position to judge who is at fault. Only whether the business responds back or not. They will offer an arbitration which is a joke because that costs several thousand dollars to have and small claims only cost $40 bucks! They tried to get me to go through arbitration once over a $45 item. I asked what that cost? $3,500!!!! LOL I did agree though as long as everyone agreed that the loser pays. Of course they didn't want to do that! So I told them the customer can take me to court if they choose, but I'm not paying for something that wasn't my fault. I responded and that was the end of it!

In the future I would never waste my money belonging to the BBB. They are a joke!

Update.Dealership called me today and said Ford was going to issue a bulletin not to try and repair but to replace any of the factory differentials that come with the larger pinion head bearing as it will obviously never be available to them.Also of note the service manager told that they had torn down some other GT500 differentials only to find that they came with the standard size Mustang GT head bearing with no rhyme or reason as to what the car would or should come with so........................The short story is that they are going to have one pulled from somewhere,They say the assembly line and install it in my car early next week.IDK about all of this but I hope I get my car back soon as I'm going to have to take my 06' Charger to the Nashville speedway for the all Ford show and now I'm going to miss my chance at some driving high performance style :cry:

Wish me luck!

The BBB is pretty much worthless!

You file a complaint. They forward your complaint to the business. If the business fails to respond back the BBB posts an unsatisfactory rating. If the business responds back, nothing else happens and no unsatisfactory rating gets posted merely because they responded. Note, they only need to just respond back. So they can respond back by saying, we will attempt to fix the problem, we did fix the problem or simply say it isn't their fault and there is nothing more they can do about it. Case closed! Your next step is to take the business to court.

The BBB is in no position to judge who is at fault. Only whether the business responds back or not. They will offer an arbitration which is a joke because that costs several thousand dollars to have and small claims only cost $40 bucks! They tried to get me to go through arbitration once over a $45 item. I asked what that cost? $3,500!!!! LOL I did agree though as long as everyone agreed that the loser pays. Of course they didn't want to do that! So I told them the customer can take me to court if they choose, but I'm not paying for something that wasn't my fault. I responded and that was the end of it!

In the future I would never waste my money belonging to the BBB. They are a joke!

Typical Government run bureaucracy :rant2: Good info.

Archived