TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT

Larry T

That's probably the 1st time i've actually heard the price of the Shelby GT. In the video they say $35,000. I assume thats base and it goes up w/ options and ADM.

Never goes down. The good news is that it comes heavily optioned.

The bad news is that you're gonna want to add all the others!!! :hysterical:

That's probably the 1st time i've actually heard the price of the Shelby GT. In the video they say $35,000. I assume thats base and it goes up w/ options and ADM.

If this car becomes what i think it will, it will be worth the time and the wait but no ADM's would be nice.

ADM's are a given. At least at first. :banghead:

Stealerships are killing the commom man and putting the cars in the hands of the museum snobs. This car is meant to be driven with ol' Shelby himself smiling as you do it.

I can't figure out way they didn't call this the Shelby GT350- to avoid confusion.

I can't figure out way they didn't call this the Shelby GT350- to avoid confusion.

There is rampant speculation (as Larry T was referring to) that there will be a GT350 option offered on this car. This is what everyone wants.

It is not clear if this will happen, but Amy B has indicated that several announcements- reagrding the Shelby GT- will occur @ SEMA. These could be just announcements on options (ie: Brakes, Wheels, etc). I speculate otherwise.

I guess we'll have to wait & hope on this.

There is rampant speculation (as Larry T was referring to) that there will be a GT350 option offered on this car. This is what everyone wants.

It is not clear if this will happen, but Amy B has indicated that several announcements- reagrding the Shelby GT- will occur @ SEMA. These could be just announcements on options (ie: Brakes, Wheels, etc). I speculate otherwise.

I guess we'll have to wait & hope on this.

I hope SEMA answers everything and the more options the better.

I believe it will answer alot. There is also rampant rumor of the mystery Boss mustang, which is supposedly being worked on "full tilt" by Ford. So this could be a double whammy! :party:

If they do unveil 2 cars- and I am speculating here- I think that the GT 350 would be 1st to be produced, with an unveiling of a Boss prototype.

I think the Boss, pending public reaction, will be announced for production some time in the spring (meaning they will announce that they are going to produce it). When the Boss will be produced is the big question.

Happy days, happy days... :happy feet: :bandance: :shift:

I believe it will answer alot. There is also rampant rumor of the mystery Boss mustang, which is supposedly being worked on "full tilt" by Ford. So this could be a double whammy! :party:

If they do unveil 2 cars- and I am speculating here- I think that the GT 350 would be 1st to be produced, with an unveiling of a Boss prototype.

I think the Boss, pending public reaction, will be announced for production some time in the spring (meaning they will announce that they are going to produce it). When the Boss will be produced is the big question.

Happy days, happy days... :happy feet: :bandance: :shift:

Crispy, I would be suprised if they would announce anything about the Boss for at least another year.

It might hurt the sales of the GT500 for next year.

By the way ,are you holding out for a GT500 vert @ MSRP or have you decided to maybe opt for the new Shelby GT or possibly a GT350 if they make one ?

Good to see you back on the boards these days!

Crispy, I would be suprised if they would announce anything about the Boss for at least another year.

By the way ,are you holding out for a GT500 vert @ MSRP or have you decided to maybe opt for the new Shelby GT or possibly a GT350 if they make one ?

I agree. I don't think we'll see or hear anything about the Boss for quite awhile. With the Shelby GT nearing production and the Bullitt having been announced, I don't see any more SE vehicles in the queue until 2nd quarter next year. My guess is that there will be a Bullitt prototype at SEMA as well as a Shelby GT prototype but there will be no new news on the Shelby until after the show. I hope I am wrong.

Good to be back. I have not really decided on what to do yet. If they produce a GT350, blown 400+ or - hp, in a 'vert (and I know that's asking alot), I will most likely spring for that. The cost differential (in my mind) will be very little between that & the '500, but I feel that the car would be better balanced (handling), and nearly as fast. This would be my ultimate choice. If they do not produce this, I can still opt for a '500 'vert, and do the lightening (ie:suspension, wheels, etc) myself to help it out.

As far as the Boss, here's what I have heard: The project is full-tilt. They are developing a 2v 6.2 L engine and this is the front runner for powerplants (what I heard last week). This is the strongest rumor I have heard to date. I feel that if they do not reveal a prototype @ SEMA, then maybe @ Detroit. I don't think it would be produced at least until model year -08, if not later, but I believe they will do a little show-and-tell to whet the appetites of the 'fans' to keep the market fixated on muscle-car Mustangs instead of the competition (Camaro & Challenger).

It's not that I don't think the GT350, if announced, would be a big enough bomb for Ford to drop, I just think that Ford is in "carpet bombing" mode, and want to keep as much focus on the Mustang- and away from the competition- as possible.

Should I say what DC is saying? "Anything but Hemi is a four letter word" I think they are scared of the BOSS coming to Motown and breaking up the party. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Good to be back. I have not really decided on what to do yet. If they produce a GT350, blown 400+ or - hp, in a 'vert (and I know that's asking alot), I will most likely spring for that. The cost differential (in my mind) will be very little between that & the '500, but I feel that the car would be better balanced (handling), and nearly as fast. This would be my ultimate choice. If they do not produce this, I can still opt for a '500 'vert, and do the lightening (ie:suspension, wheels, etc) myself to help it out.

As far as the Boss, here's what I have heard: The project is full-tilt. They are developing a 2v 6.2 L engine and this is the front runner for powerplants (what I heard last week). This is the strongest rumor I have heard to date. I feel that if they do not reveal a prototype @ SEMA, then maybe @ Detroit. I don't think it would be produced at least until model year -08, if not later, but I believe they will do a little show-and-tell to whet the appetites of the 'fans' to keep the market fixated on muscle-car Mustangs instead of the competition (Camaro & Challenger).

It's not that I don't think the GT350, if announced, would be a big enough bomb for Ford to drop, I just think that Ford is in "carpet bombing" mode, and want to keep as much focus on the Mustang- and away from the competition- as possible.

Should I say what DC is saying? "Anything but Hemi is a four letter word" I think they are scared of the BOSS coming to Motown and breaking up the party. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I have heard that the BOSS project may not come out till 2009 in the next gen mustang.

Archived