TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any one under 40 Bought a new Shelby yet?

aaronlstiles

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya, I think I struck a small vessle and got :finger:

Man I didn't think this would turn into such a post, I did however secure my white Shelby yesterday, I was surprised to see just how much they are still bringing. I finally got tired of waiting, so I had to spend the money. Oh by the way I am 33, and I started the post so I think I am in.

Man I didn't think this would turn into such a post, I did however secure my white Shelby yesterday, I was surprised to see just how much they are still bringing. I finally got tired of waiting, so I had to spend the money. Oh by the way I am 33, and I started the post so I think I am in.

Since you started the thread you get a automatic waver. You lucked out. The stangsleased site is far less fun :baby:

Since you started the thread you get a automatic waver. You lucked out. The stangsleased site is far less fun :baby:

The only thing that matters to me is that you treat/drive these car like they were meant to be, not garage queens or someone trying to make a buck. I just would like to see more car's in the hands of the people who have been waiting for them.

:banana piano:

The only thing that matters to me is that you treat/drive these car like they were meant to be, not garage queens or someone trying to make a buck. I just would like to see more car's in the hands of the people who have been waiting for them.

Well Larry, I plan on getting my use out of the car. Are you going to drive yours like you stole it? :shift:

Should I run by how I am going to drive/treat my car, I just want to make sure you approve. :shift:

Fellas, we have a Vette convert. Welcome. Why did you come over from the dark side?

Have always been a shelby fan.. I've collected a few muscle cars and found the Z06 to be a very nice car..

I put alot of upgrades into my Z06 but when this gt500 was intorduced I couldn't resist.. I couldn't afford to own both so I chose to sell the vette.. It was a hard choice but now I'm glad I did it!! This car is cool! I'm going to add the VMP tune and will race 1/4 mile a couple times a year.. I think I will be able to beat to new Z06's.. Mine was running low 12's. These gt500's are Much cooler than the Z06's and I can throw an extra kid in the back seat. So my wife is sold on it too.. :happy feet: :happy feet:

post-7576-1162935947_thumb.jpg

post-7576-1162935947_thumb.jpg

Have always been a shelby fan.. I've collected a few muscle cars and found the Z06 to be a very nice car..

I put alot of upgrades into my Z06 but when this gt500 was intorduced I couldn't resist.. I couldn't afford to own both so I chose to sell the vette.. It was a hard choice but now I'm glad I did it!! This car is cool! I'm going to add the VMP tune and will race 1/4 mile a couple times a year.. I think I will be able to beat to new Z06's.. Mine was running low 12's. These gt500's are Much cooler than the Z06's and I can throw an extra kid in the back seat. So my wife is sold on it too.. :happy feet: :happy feet:

So the value is in the GT500. Right on.

It is so DOCUMENTED. B)

21 on my way to pick it up right now! Can't wait!

Sorry Gents, nothing has to run by me at all....I meant no offense to anyone, just an opinion and you know what they say about opinions and a-holes. Everyone got one, and if i haven't in the past done so a fond howdy to everyone in Shelby land.

21 on my way to pick it up right now! Can't wait!

21 with a GT500, how could you afford the insurance? I remember when I was 21 :baby: with a fast motorcycle and just a normal Grand Am V-6 :shift: (not even the GT), man the insurance killed me. Hope you got a quote before you went to pick up the car! :finger: Good Luck.

1 post wonder :hysterical: I think you were tricked.

Well, that dirty no good :censored::baby: , hey, he might have been drunk or something :tequila: :headscratch: :elefant: , he did say he was 21, should I give him the benefit of the doubt, nah, not too many 21 year old could afford that car unless they have a silver spoon up their arsh!

Well, that dirty no good :censored::baby: , hey, he might have been drunk or something :tequila: :headscratch: :elefant: , he did say he was 21, should I give him the benefit of the doubt, nah, not too many 21 year old could afford that car unless they have a silver spoon up their arsh!

Dude, Like my HOG

Haha that one post is definately killing me! My insurance rate is actually not too bad. Im not sure why that is... I also am insured with a 95 Tahoe and an 05 Mustang Gt that I told them are my daily drivers and that the Shelby is going to be an occasional. I have also had a total of 6 cars insured with them and have had a clean record so that might have something to do with it? I really have no idea how the insurance works. I just know that since people around my age are usually so irresponsible with cars, they have to charge that much. Anyways I have to say I love the car. I was out with it today, took it to my local Ford dealer (they were offering me a great deal at 89,000 over sticker.. Cali) and showed it to them since they said a few months ago that a 21 year old couldnt afford this car, but they had a great deal for me on a 2004 V6. Then took it to the shop by my house and had them install the Borla exhaust I bought and what a difference it makes. Its looks ten times better and the sound is amazing. Seriously I love the car. I wouldn't want anything else even if money wasn't an issue. Ill have to take some pictures and post them tomorrow.

Haha that one post is definately killing me! My insurance rate is actually not too bad. Im not sure why that is... I also am insured with a 95 Tahoe and an 05 Mustang Gt that I told them are my daily drivers and that the Shelby is going to be an occasional. I have also had a total of 6 cars insured with them and have had a clean record so that might have something to do with it? I really have no idea how the insurance works. I just know that since people around my age are usually so irresponsible with cars, they have to charge that much. Anyways I have to say I love the car. I was out with it today, took it to my local Ford dealer (they were offering me a great deal at 89,000 over sticker.. Cali) and showed it to them since they said a few months ago that a 21 year old couldnt afford this car, but they had a great deal for me on a 2004 V6. Then took it to the shop by my house and had them install the Borla exhaust I bought and what a difference it makes. Its looks ten times better and the sound is amazing. Seriously I love the car. I wouldn't want anything else even if money wasn't an issue. Ill have to take some pictures and post them tomorrow.

Welcome back. We are glad to have you here. As you can see, things get a little Ruf around here sometimes. You are the youngest GT500 owner here. Post some photos of your beast when you get some time. Did you get a Coupe or Vert? Color is? 89K ???

B)

Dude, Like my HOG

I like it, just not my style, I am into going fast still at age 31. Maybe in like 40 years or something, I will be into the couch bikes that vibrate your nads off. To each his own, here is a similar pic of my bike, I should upload a pic of my actual bike, but this is a close picture I found on the web. Also some honey's for the viewing pleasure

post-2895-1163082740_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163082814_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163082861_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163082880_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163082740_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163082814_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163082861_thumb.jpg

post-2895-1163082880_thumb.jpg

I like it, just not my style, I am into going fast still at age 31. Maybe in like 40 years or something, I will be into the couch bikes that vibrate your nads off. To each his own, here is a similar pic of my bike, I should upload a pic of my actual bike, but this is a close picture I found on the web. Also some honey's for the viewing pleasure

I recently had the Screamin Eagle Carb Mod and Power comander installed. Custom Dyno mapped for optimum HP. This bike is fast enough for me. Careful, I am 45 and those photos could give a guy like me a heart attack. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Man, I can't believe you let them put that dealer sticker on :redcard: . They had balls to even think that should fly. That would have been gone before I left the lot.

No kidding. I discussed this issue with my dealer several weeks ago on my soon to arrive GT500. He assured me that they don't bother with dealer badges on any Mustang GTs and higher. I also mentioned not ruin the front fascia with holes for a front plate as we don't need them in Mississippi. Luckily, they don't in Indiana either.

Archived