TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I-10 westbounders for Terlingua

Sherri  Leicht

Sorry I haven't posted sooner - I spent three weeks working 16+ hour days out in Dayton, TX, then a week with a 100+ temperature, and then Ike hit. Needless to say, I've been a bit swamped for the past month and dealing with a 100 fever without power isn't the funnest thing you can do. I'll be joining Sherri and the others at the Kroger on Wednesday morning for the drive out. My second driver had something come up and had to back out so I'm trying to talk a guy in our mustang club into coming but it'll probably just be me. I have a room booked at the Holland Hotel in Alpine that night and the micro-brewery will definitely be a welcome change of pace.

Matt

Matt,

Tim here in Katy, Texas looking forward to meeting you and caravaning to terlingua.

I have a local fellow that is interested in going if your back up person does not work out.

His name is Edgar and is very involved with shelby industry.

Let me know asap if ya would.

Thanks

Tim

PH 832 256 0972

Hey All,

If you happen to pass me Wednesday going down I-10, be sure to honk. You really can't miss the big yellow "Terlingua Or Bust" on the back end of my black trailer and the Terlingua Rabbit on the doors of the rig. Our plans are as follows, we're leaving Austin between 8-9am (never can tell with a 5 week old baby) and who knows how long it'll take getting there (again..the baby dictates how many stops and how long they are) and staying at the same hotel in Alpine as everyone else.

I just want everyone to know that my schedule is dictated by my daughter and I plan according to her (which isn't much of a plan...I just give her lots of time) and worst case for us is that we arrive pretty early.

Rick

Hey All,

If you happen to pass me Wednesday going down I-10, be sure to honk. You really can't miss the big yellow "Terlingua Or Bust" on the back end of my black trailer and the Terlingua Rabbit on the doors of the rig. Our plans are as follows, we're leaving Austin between 8-9am (never can tell with a 5 week old baby) and who knows how long it'll take getting there (again..the baby dictates how many stops and how long they are) and staying at the same hotel in Alpine as everyone else.

I just want everyone to know that my schedule is dictated by my daughter and I plan according to her (which isn't much of a plan...I just give her lots of time) and worst case for us is that we arrive pretty early.

Rick

Rick,

You be safe with that precious cargo--yes, I mean the baby! We'll see you at The Holland on the 24th. Bea and I leave tomorrow. Regards.

Stuart

Well, it looks like I will now be trailering the Shelby, that way I can bring a lot more in the truck, and it shouldn't have any problems keeping up with the group, so I will see a lot of you at Lulu's!

Rick, see you in Alpine since we are going up on 90 if it is clear. It is gonna be epic!

Stuart- see you in Alpine beer thirty!

To the rest- 10am -ish at the best little cafe around!

well, gee, isn't anyone going to drive their car :(

I've got R6 compound racing slicks on my car. It's not quite street legal. My Terlingua car is street legal meeting me down there. Should be arriving Thursday :happy feet:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived