TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 SGT-California Sill Plates

jaydub Mach1

Just recieved these from SAI.

They were supposed to be installed on the door sills of the 2007 SGT-California editions. Apparently, they arrived too late for SAI to install them on the 200 or so 2007 SGT-California's, so we got the standard CS SHELBY GT plates like the other SGT's.

So, when these finally came in, they sent them to us :happy feet: :happy feet:

100_0779_c1.JPG

100_0779_c1.JPG

Just recieved these from SAI.

They were supposed to be installed on the door sills of the 2007 SGT-California editions. Apparently, they arrived too late for SAI to install them on the 200 or so 2007 SGT-California's, so we got the standard CS SHELBY GT plates like the other SGT's.

So, when these finally came in, they sent them to us :happy feet: :happy feet:

Yes. I got mine also!

I believe Amy said that there was going to be 200 07's originally. Actual number ended up being 100!

I'm very pleased. After I have them installed, I will post pics...

Dan

They look great. That was nice of SAI to make sure you guys got your distinctive sill plates. I have never seen that before. Thanks for posting.

I agree. SAI could have just put the GT-C sill plates on the shelf but instead they put the Shelby enthusiast first and sent the plates out to the owners. If you own a GT-C and haven't received your CA sill plates give SAI a phone call.

Steve

I agree. SAI could have just put the GT-C sill plates on the shelf but instead they put the Shelby enthusiast first and sent the plates out to the owners. If you own a GT-C and haven't received your CA sill plates give SAI a phone call.

Steve

I agree. They certainly hear about it when things don't go so well.

They should certainly hear about it when they go the extra mile for us!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!

Just trying to get educated here but what is the difference between a regular Shelby Gt and a California one?

Emissions, door sill plates? :headscratch:

There were a certain number ( I've heard 100 and also 200) of 2007 SGT's that were allocated to Northern California. They came with the Shelby center gage pod at no extra cost.

Their Hero Card mentioned they also came with special door sill plates. We who bought them, noticed that the plates were standard Shelby-GT plates. (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

It turns out, the plates were late to arrive at Shelby, so they never installed them.

SAI has sent them out to us.

Pretty cool on their part!!!

There were a certain number ( I've heard 100 and also 200) of 2007 SGT's that were allocated to Northern California. They came with the Shelby center gage pod at no extra cost.

Their Hero Card mentioned they also came with special door sill plates. We who bought them, noticed that the plates were standard Shelby-GT plates. (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

It turns out, the plates were late to arrive at Shelby, so they never installed them.

Another day and another lesson learned, thanks. :happy feet:

So that was the only difference? A Gauge Pod and Door Sill Plates? I wonder why the gauge pod was chosen? Is the car Supercharged? If not, which three gauges did they install in them?

The GT-C Shelby's I've seen here in California don't have the gauge pod. They have an autographed vanity mirror lid (located on the sun visor), Grabber Orange paint with GT-C decals and the sill plates.

Steve

Yes. Those are the 08's. Here's mine..

DSC03490.jpg

Here's the installed plate. I couldn't be happier! :happy feet:

SGT-Cplate.jpg

I think I might have made a mistake on the drivers side... :o

SGT-Cplate01.jpg

J/K

Dan

AstroDan thanks for the 2007 window sticker pic. Folks can now compare the 07 & 08 GT-C's. There are a few dealers that still have 08 GT-C's but I don't know about any 07's. Perhaps one of our dealer members can run a locator search on the 07's for us.

Steve

Your welcome. It kinda burns me that the dealer tore the sticker when they removed it... Oh well. :cry:

Dan

edit*** I wonder why the listed gas mileage is different between the 07 and 08. Automatic on the 08?

• 1 year later...
I didn't get sill plates for my '07 SGT. I bought it new in Feb. '08 so maybe it slipped through after the initial push for the sill plates. I would like to have them if there is some way to get them still.

Contact SAI for info. I would try Bud first.

Budm@shelbyautos.com

so the 2008 GT-C's were all Grabber Orange, probably so we can tell they are GT-C's.

But am I understanding that there was no other difference with the 2007 CT-C's?

If the only difference was the center gauge pod, I wonder how that could have much effect on the collectibility...

Just hope they don't let those sills fall into the wrong hands (fat chance of that!).

Is the difference in MPG because 2008 was the first year of the new EPA's new, real-world estimates?

If you own a GT-C and haven't received your CA sill plates give SAI a phone call.

Steve

You mean SGT-California.

I replied on this other thread http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35556

Diffrence between 07 & 08 Shelby is:

2007 is called the SGT-California FOR NORTHERN CA DEALERS ONLY. Colors are Black and white and came with the Guage pod. Aprox 100 produced

2008 are called SGT-C FOR SOUTHERN CA DEALERS. NO guage pod and color is EXCLUSIVE Grabber Orange 217 produced.

I know its minor details, but they ARE different and CALLED different, so when we talk about 2007 model, its THE CALIFORNIA and the 2008 model is THE SGT-C.

Hope it clarifies it a bit

Our 08 SGT-C's didn't come with the gauge pods but we ddi get sill plates and an autographed passenger visor. I also heard that the 08 SGT produced 325HP but that when they tested that day that the test car produced 319HP. I really don't know if that's true but I like telling that story anyway. :D

SAI I think is very cool for sending these out! I never even knew they were supposed to have these! Just when I thought I was full of SGT knowledge! Awesome for you Nor Cal guys! A cool little add-on and a cool story of how they arrived later....

Say it again top notch folks at SAI, cool!

• 2 months later...

Steve

Can you PM me the phone number? I didn't get a response from my emails... :(

I bought a set of 07 Shelby GT California sill plates from a TS member that sold his car and never installed the new plates he sold it with the orginal Shelby GT plates on it. I just received them the other day and they are mint perfect in the bubble wrap.

Thanks again for being so honest and sending them to me for such a nice price. I will NEVER sell them and they will be mounted in a Frame to hang on the wall, it will be something my daughter will inherit someday.

I can't help it I am a Shelby collector whore.

• 2 weeks later...

so how do i know if i should have gotten these? it would be nice to have them.

My car was advertised by Hanlees Ford as a northern california edition, in fact they even had it advertised here on Team Shelby, and it had the gauge pod installed.

Archived