TEAM SHELBY FORUM

RIP SGT071777

RogerS

Bummer. I wonder if the owner took the PBF badges off the crunched fenders; that is of course assuming that they were still attached to the car after the collision.

Oh well, even though another one bites the dust, I guess that in a perverse way, it makes the survivors just a little more valuable.

Adios SGT071777. :salute:

Already posted it in my database for stolen, smashed or lost Shelby's.

Plus I already emailed asking to buy the engine block and fender badges if he doesn't sell the whole thing.

Might want to ask for the dash plaque as well.

Well,

Too bad for SGT1777

I live in Jacksonville and if the seller is willing to sell the car by parts, what parts should i be looking for?

I was thinking the passenger airbag cover for the signature thing?

And the letter on the trunck lid for backup.

Anyone have other ideas?

Could 07SGT1777 be the next clone on Craig's list? Even though the seller says the car can't be registered with the existing VIN # and he'll only sell it intact , whats to say all of the remaining legit Shelby parts won't end up in and under a legal Mustang GT? Let's hope not.

RIP 07SGT1777

If the passenger side airbag didn't deploy, that means there wasn't anyone in the seat.

I think it can also mean that there was something, or someone, of light weight in the passenger seat. When I set something on my passenger seat, the airbag turns off and an indicator lights states "passenger airbag off".

I really hate seeing this. Someone lost a nice car and hopefully they weren't hurt, or anyone involved.

As for the passenger side airbag, seems no one was in the car other than the driver. I got into a wicked wreck a few years back and the passenger side airbag didn't deploy. I was the only one in the vehicle.

Guys, lets remember to be careful out there.

Actually, would love whats left of the Body for my next race car!

I recently purchased a wrecked 2006 gt with 65K miles to eventually turn into a NASA CMC2 or AI car. I paid around 9K out the door and may have put $1500 into it now to get it on the road. The wrecked SGT seems to have a lot of front end damage and would take a ton of work to get it to ride true. It is really hard to tell from pictures alone. I would have to take a look at this car in person before I pulled the trigger. Here are a few pics of what the 2006 looked like when I first picked it up just for reference.

post-10594-1221143254_thumb.jpg

post-10594-1221143291_thumb.jpg

post-10594-1221143305_thumb.jpg

post-10594-1221143254_thumb.jpg

post-10594-1221143291_thumb.jpg

post-10594-1221143305_thumb.jpg

I recently purchased a wrecked 2006 gt with 65K miles to eventually turn into a NASA CMC2 or AI car. I paid around 9K out the door and may have put $1500 into it now to get it on the road. The wrecked SGT seems to have a lot of front end damage and would take a ton of work to get it to ride true. It is really hard to tell from pictures alone. I would have to take a look at this car in person before I pulled the trigger. Here are a few pics of what the 2006 looked like when I first picked it up just for reference.

Im sure it will need a front stub. I guess it would depend on what the final cost would be after selling all the parts. I would keep the dash plaque on the car

Could 07SGT1777 be the next clone on Craig's list? Even though the seller says the car can't be registered with the existing VIN # and he'll only sell it intact , whats to say all of the remaining legit Shelby parts won't end up in and under a legal Mustang GT? Let's hope not.

RIP 07SGT1777

I have been tracking Salvaged cars for awhile now. So if anyone knows of any out there, please forward along. I have entered this into my database, with photo's and VIN. I would suspect that one day this information will come in handy.

Roger

I have been tracking Salvaged cars for awhile now. So if anyone knows of any out there, please forward along. I have entered this into my database, with photo's and VIN. I would suspect that one day this information will come in handy.

Roger

Glad to hear your doing that! I agree one day this will be valuable info to have.

BTW! Adam has your $6 from me for the great decal....don't let him stiff ya! :hysterical:

Archived