TEAM SHELBY FORUM

17 again

thewheelman

My youngest son already refers to the GT 500 as the "fountain of youth" for my wife and I (we're 52), but tonight I was 17 again. After leaving an evening meeting, I dropped the top and turned the stereo up. A couple of young guys in a Roush badged coupe turned nearly around in their seats gawking at the car as I pulled out of McD's. At the next intersection a kid in an 80's something Camaro eyed me across the intersection while we waited out the light. I got the green first and as I crossed, he was gunning the Camaro--loud pipes, like glass packs--as I met him. I just grinned, snapped it down in second and lit the tires just enough........he got the point. Yep, 17 all over....

My youngest son already refers to the GT 500 as the "fountain of youth" for my wife and I (we're 52), but tonight I was 17 again. After leaving an evening meeting, I dropped the top and turned the stereo up. A couple of young guys in a Roush badged coupe turned nearly around in their seats gawking at the car as I pulled out of McD's. At the next intersection a kid in an 80's something Camaro eyed me across the intersection while we waited out the light. I got the green first and as I crossed, he was gunning the Camaro--loud pipes, like glass packs--as I met him. I just grinned, snapped it down in second and lit the tires just enough........he got the point. Yep, 17 all over....

Yep, something about a Kenne Bell on a SGT does the same thing. My car is 2000 miles away and I'm still smilin'!

Archived