TEAM SHELBY FORUM

S/C OVERHAUL WAS A GREAT SUCCESS

SHELBYCS6

Well.....

I got the Paxton overhauled yesterday and re-installed and I'm amazed at how quiet this unit is.

It didn't sound this good right out of the box...

I'm just happy I'm up and running for Dearborn

Here's a few photos of a Novi 1200 in pieces.

It's so tough to find information on these drives as Paxton wants units returned to them only for repair or replacement.

post-10626-1220821233_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821248_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821268_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821287_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821303_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821324_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821342_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821364_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821382_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821398_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821233_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821248_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821268_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821287_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821303_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821324_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821342_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821364_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821382_thumb.jpg

post-10626-1220821398_thumb.jpg

Well.....

I got the Paxton overhauled yesterday and re-installed and I'm amazed at how quiet this unit is.

It didn't sound this good right out of the box...

I'm just happy I'm up and running for Dearborn

Here's a few photos of a Novi 1200 in pieces.

It's so tough to find information on these drives as Paxton wants units returned to them only for repair or replacement.

Did you do the overhaul yourself? If so I'm impressed. Did you diagnos what the issue was with it running rough?

Dave

Did you do the overhaul yourself? If so I'm impressed. Did you diagnos what the issue was with it running rough?

Dave

Yes I did repair it myself.....unfortunately I just returned from DaSilva racing and the new bearings have spun again.

The car ran great all weekend but I had installed a 70mm throttle body and a GT-500 MAF so I just wanted to ensure everything was perfect for Dearborn.

On the fourth dyno pull I heard that gawd awful noise again and sure enough same problem as before.

Paxton is aware of potential bearing failures with these units and if I had the time to go through proper channels and wait several weeks to get this rectified through a dealer I'm sure it would have been done under warranty.

As it is right now, I'm out some good money for the replacement bearings, a dyno tune, and a new S/C unit which is being shipped to me this afternoon.

Had the original noise been taken a little more seriously earlier in the summer a bearing change would have rectified the problem.

The impeller had already made contact in a couple of spots before the bearing replacement and that minor damage which causes vibration in conjunction with the multiple high RPM dyno pulls was just too much.

In hindsight, I should have left the car un-touched till after the Dearborn event and I'm sure it would have been problem free but I guess that's why they call it hindsight now isn't it....

I will say that Paxton pulled out all the stops to get a unit ready to ship today and they gave me a very generous discount on the unit.

Once I get back from Michigan and send the old unit to them for evaluation perhaps we can negotiate something a little less painful to contend with.

Yes I did repair it myself.....unfortunately I just returned from DaSilva racing and the new bearings have spun again.

The car ran great all weekend but I had installed a 70mm throttle body and a GT-500 MAF so I just wanted to ensure everything was perfect for Dearborn.

On the fourth dyno pull I heard that gawd awful noise again and sure enough same problem as before.

Paxton is aware of potential bearing failures with these units and if I had the time to go through proper channels and wait several weeks to get this rectified through a dealer I'm sure it would have been done under warranty.

As it is right now, I'm out some good money for the replacement bearings, a dyno tune, and a new S/C unit which is being shipped to me this afternoon.

Had the original noise been taken a little more seriously earlier in the summer a bearing change would have rectified the problem.

The impeller had already made contact in a couple of spots before the bearing replacement and that minor damage which causes vibration in conjunction with the multiple high RPM dyno pulls was just too much.

In hindsight, I should have left the car un-touched till after the Dearborn event and I'm sure it would have been problem free but I guess that's why they call it hindsight now isn't it....

I will say that Paxton pulled out all the stops to get a unit ready to ship today and they gave me a very generous discount on the unit.

Once I get back from Michigan and send the old unit to them for evaluation perhaps we can negotiate something a little less painful to contend with.

Paxton is a great company! Sometimes hard to get on the phone phone but they give you 200%

Glad are is getting figured out - How did you do on the dyno?

shelbyguy

Archived