TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My quest for a 2008 Bullitt

Grabber

Today I bought my wife a new 2007 Excape 4x4 at X-Plan from my Fleet sales guy. This is the same guy that I ordered my 07 GT/CS from. Before we agreed on the deal I asked him if I could meet the owner of the dealership to talk to him about getting on the list for a Bullitt. He Said yes. After introductions, I told him about the 6 cars that I have purchased from his dealership since 1990 and wanted to know if a loyal customer like myself could get a deal on a Bullitt (MSRP). Well, the guy said yes, :yup: as long as they alot him more than 2. The owner spent 15 minutes talking to me, and was a super nice guy. I felt really good about getting to meet him, and how he treated me. He spoke of customer loyality and how much that means to him and Ford. Now the waite begins, and the anticipation until the order can be placed next June or so...starts. My fleet guy says to keep in contact with him as I learn more about the car.

Today I bought my wife a new 2007 Excape 4x4 at X-Plan from my Fleet sales guy. This is the same guy that I ordered my 07 GT/CS from. Before we agreed on the deal I asked him if I could meet the owner of the dealership to talk to him about getting on the list for a Bullitt. He Said yes. After introductions, I told him about the 6 cars that I have purchased from his dealership since 1990 and wanted to know if a loyal customer like myself could get a deal on a Bullitt (MSRP). Well, the guy said yes, :yup: as long as they alot him more than 2. The owner spent 15 minutes talking to me, and was a super nice guy. I felt really good about getting to meet him, and how he treated me. He spoke of customer loyality and how much that means to him and Ford. Now the waite begins, and the anticipation until the order can be placed next June or so...starts. My fleet guy says to keep in contact with him as I learn more about the car.

Good luck, no sarcasm :cheerleader:

The only information known at this time is the announcement that Mark Fields made a couple weeks ago about making a new mustang every year "and for 2008, the Bullitt is next" ! I suppose they could change their minds :shrug: about making the car. Only Time will tell.

congrats on being #1 with a bullitt!

Did the owner put anything in writing for you? I'd get a sales contract made up with MSRP written all over it, and add a clause about it being the 3rd car the dealer receives with a $2000 d/p (or whatever amount you guys agree on) deposit refundable if the 3rd car is not delivered to the dealership.

Too many folks here (myself included) were caught offside with either prices, delivery positions, guaranteed cars, choice of options etc. being promised verbally but being reneged on when the moment of truth came.

When I met with the owner, I was with the Commercial accounts fleet manager. This guy has been there 13 years. I did not want to put the owner on the spot at this time. He told me to keep talking with The fleet manager as time gets closer to knowing what their alotment is. Today I had a face to face chat with the fleet manager after my wife picked up her new 07 Escape that he got us. We talked about the Bullitt deal and he told me that as soon as the order bank would accept the order, he would order it . At that time, the pricing would be on the paperwork. He e mailed the regional rep and asked some questions, but the Rep. knew nothing about the bullitt. He did say that the order bank should accept a order on a Mustang GT Shelby in Jan. if I wanted one of those cars. Sometimes you have to go with your gut feel, and for now I am ok. :mellow:

congrats on being #1 with a bullitt!

Did the owner put anything in writing for you? I'd get a sales contract made up with MSRP written all over it, and add a clause about it being the 3rd car the dealer receives with a $2000 d/p (or whatever amount you guys agree on) deposit refundable if the 3rd car is not delivered to the dealership.

Too many folks here (myself included) were caught offside with either prices, delivery positions, guaranteed cars, choice of options etc. being promised verbally but being reneged on when the moment of truth came.

Smoothy: I did some thinking about your post and decided to go with your recomendation. I have requested (via e-mail) that everything they told me about the deal be put in writing. :unsure: My fleet guy replyed back to me that he understood my concerns, and would talk to the boss about putting it on paper. He told me "rest assured, you will get preferential treatment" in his return e-mail. We'll see !!

Smoothy: I did some thinking about your post and decided to go with your recomendation. I have requested (via e-mail) that everything they told me about the deal be put in writing. :unsure: My fleet guy replyed back to me that he understood my concerns, and would talk to the boss about putting it on paper. He told me "rest assured, you will get preferential treatment" in his return e-mail. We'll see !!

May fate treat you better than me. I had the same sort of ,er, understanding, and am now in need of a car... :cry:

Ruff: You said the magical words " I did it just for fun". And you were trying to try to figure out how to break the news to the wife about the new blower! :hysterical: Keep her happy, and maybe she will let you have 2 cars. Our local dodge dealer will not let you on the list unless you agree to a 10K ADM for the Challenger. I read that it will cost 35K.

Archived