TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Modular power house

I have talked with these guys about my K/B install and everthing I have heard and seen so far sounds pretty good and they seem to have a lot of expience with K/B installs and with the 4.6. Is $1400 for a quality install and another $450 for a dynotune (Optional but recommended)a fair price? They say every car is different and recommend a dynotune to get it all exactly right. Also can I be assured that a custom tune will be safe?All this is big $ to me and I don't want any problems down the road. Has anyone here had a positive expience with modular power house?

Thanks,

Jeff

http://modularpowerhouse.com/index.php?cPa...0a171330b5ae259

I went to their site and cannot see exactly where they have the KB units for the 4.6 motor. There is use of the word "Mongoose" with the KB units. That is not a KB term.

I am trying to line up apples with apples. What exact unit are you contemplating? Here is the one Shelby installs (the Stage 1): http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/for.../gt05-06_3v.htm

The Shelby price, installed, for that unit, in polished trim, is $8,500.00, without tax. That will give you some comparison. That is the unit I had installed on my SGT at Shelby in Las Vegas.

On the custom tune, talk directly with the folks at KB. They will tell you not to go the custom tune route. Here is a tech sheet from KB for the units for our 4.6 motors: http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-tec...VgtTechTips.pdf

You will note that the tech sheet, on page 3 under "THE DON'TS," says "DON'T allow 'tuners' to mess with the Kenne Bell calibration."

You will not be disappointed if you go the KB route. Give them a call tomorrow with your questions. They will be straight with you. Good luck.

Jim

I went to their site and cannot see exactly where they have the KB units for the 4.6 motor. There is use of the word "Mongoose" with the KB units. That is not a KB term.

I am trying to line up apples with apples. What exact unit are you contemplating? Here is the one Shelby installs (the Stage 1): http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/for.../gt05-06_3v.htm

The Shelby price, installed, for that unit, in polished trim, is $8,500.00, without tax. That will give you some comparison. That is the unit I had installed on my SGT at Shelby in Las Vegas.

On the custom tune, talk directly with the folks at KB. They will tell you not to go the custom tune route. Here is a tech sheet from KB for the units for our 4.6 motors: http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-tec...VgtTechTips.pdf

You will note that the tech sheet, on page 3 under "THE DON'TS," says "DON'T allow 'tuners' to mess with the Kenne Bell calibration."

You will not be disappointed if you go the KB route. Give them a call tomorrow with your questions. They will be straight with you. Good luck.

Jim

I guess I have already gone the K/B route,this is what I have on order/waiting to get ordered from SPP.Kenne Bell Black 4.6 liter Supercharger

SKU: 101172 Part No: KB-46-TSS,though I have waiting since the 8/27 for someone from SPP to call and get the info on my car and tell me when it will actually be on order from K/B.They did tell me that K/B is having problems with their tunes for the SGT and that it may be 30 days before K/B will be taking orders,I also called K/B and they also confirmed this . Something about not being able to load the K/B tune on the SGT with the FRP tune in place and not having to flash to a stock GT tune,someone please correct me if I posted something that is incorrect. I wish it was possible for me to ship my car to SIA for the install but that is not an option for me. I agree with what you stated about the custom tune,I am not intrested in another 100hp and pushing my car past it's limits with a custom tune which is where I think the term "Mongoose" comes in on their K/B kits. After having said all that this is the only place I have found in the Atlanta area that comes close to me trustng them with the install. I guess I will give them a try and insist they use the Kenne Bell calibration.I will also take your advice and call K/B again and ask some more questions.

Thanks,

Jeff

I also heard that, after my car was done about 6 weeks ago, some issues had come up with the KB on the SGTs. I have not been advised of anything to beware of with my car but I will follow up and ask SAI directly. Sounds like you have been doing your homework. That is always time well spent. Keep us updated on how things are going.

Jim

The main issue on the KB tune was to help out the person or shop to install the tune on a SHELBY GT. They were setting up their tuners so that it could "take" out the Shelby tune and return it to stock. Then you could install the KB tune. On a stock GT, you would not have to do this process--it is already "stock" All tuners can not over ride a "custom" tune. It has to be removed and then turned back to stock.

This is basically the same issue that others have ran into when installing the Whipple or the Paxton's, they could not remove the Shelby tune and turn it back to stock. KB has taken their install one step further to help remove the tune so that the customer can reinstall the KB tune.

I hope that clears up a little of the confusion :)

Bud

:huh:

You will also note that the person who writes all Kenne Bell's advertising and support pages needs a lollipop and a vacation.

Sheesh! "If we're gonna make your car faster, you need to read this sheet and shut the Hell up, there's no time to waste!"

Great products, it seems, but the "everyone else is bullshit, just do what we say or you're an idiot" approach wears on me.

I'm sure they get a fair share of hassle from customers who do stupid things, but... too bad - deal with it... that's business for ya!

The writer knows a lot about supercharging. Now, hire a writer.

Jer

Archived