TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Manual 2007GT Hertz Convertible?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read somewhere that there were some 2007 Herts Convertibles produce that had manual transmissions. Is this true? Anybody know how many?

Thanks

It's true and they all went to either FoMoCo or Hertz excuitives. There were 17 units built and they never saw rental service. One is in Vienna Austria. I think that it's number 487 or 187, I'm not exactly sure.

One of our TS members has a forum with pictures of the Vienna car here somewhere. Do a search with the word "Hertz" and then go through a few hundreds return hits; you can probably find it then.

EDIT: Found it! Here ya go...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=379134

It's true and they all went to either FoMoCo or Hertz excuitives. There were 17 units built and they never saw rental service. One is in Vienna Austria. I think that it's number 487 or 187, I'm not exactly sure.

One of our TS members has a forum with pictures of the Vienna car here somewhere. Do a search with the word "Hertz" and then go through a few hundreds return hits; you can probably find it then.

EDIT: Found it! Here ya go...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=379134

Thanks for the info. Strange that I have not seen any of these manuals for sale. There has gotta be a few execs who are getting bored of these cars and want to sell. Do you know of any that have sold or are for sale?

Thanks for the info. Strange that I have not seen any of these manuals for sale. There has gotts be a few execs who are getting borded of these cars and want to sell. Do you know of any that have sold or are for sale?

No I don't, but I could safely say that if anyone did, they would keep it a closely guarded secret until the transaction was locked down and completed; I would.

IMO, of all of the late model Shelby's built, those cars are the rarest. And I suspect that the excutives pretty much know what they have (they ordered them that way) so I don't think that there would be any "deals" on them.

No I don't, but I could safely say that if anyone did, they would keep it a closely guarded secret until the transaction was locked down and completed; I would.

IMO, of all of the late model Shelby's built, those cars are the rarest. And I suspect that the excutives pretty much know what they have (they ordered them that way) so I don't think that there would be any "deals" on them.

I suspect selling this car would be very much frowned upon by the folks that made it exclusively available to you... Kind of like selling off all your personally-owned company stock options on eBay and coming into work and saying "What... it's a free country. right?". A bit of a Career Limiting Move at the very least. In addition, as Son of GT stated, these guys (or gals) know what they have and will wait until the time is right (25 years from now, maybe... at least after retirement) if they choose to sell.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What about sending the car to Shelby in Vegas and having a manual transmission swap done by the factory? It would't have the value of an original manual transmission but it's still a limited edition GTH and if its done there with all the Shelby doc's I think it would be a fabulous investment. It's worth a thought.

What about sending the car to Shelby in Vegas and having a manual transmission swap done by the factory? It would't have the value of an original manual transmission but it's still a limited edition GTH and if its done there with all the Shelby doc's I think it would be a fabulous investment. It's worth a thought.

Nice idea, but I want an original built manual.......so anyone......anyone.......QSS would like to buy a GTH stick. PM me.

QSS

• 2 months later...
Roger, RichS and me were just talking about these m/t cars the other day. These are going to be the Hertz cars to have.

Steve

So once again. Would anyone like to talk to me about one of these. I am dead dog serious. PM me or call me at 403-678-7483 and ask for Doug.

Thanks

QSS

How do you know there are only 18 manual shift?

Can this number be verified by Hertz, Shelby or Ford?

Thanks

Roger is in charge of the Shelby registery, so the number has now been verifed by Shelby Automobiles Inc.

So once again. Would anyone like to talk to me about one of these. I am dead dog serious. PM me or call me at 403-678-7483 and ask for Doug.

Thanks

QSS

To my knowledge, the only person on this web site who owns one of the 18 MT cars is handle "485hp", but he's in Europe, so that one is out probably. I've never seen anybody else fess up to having one here. Since they went to Hertz execs, those folks are not usually car people and would not likely be on this site. But good luck finding one, I hope that you do.

• 2 weeks later...
There were also 4 2006 coupe Hertz cars with Manual transmissions. I believe that Caroll has one of those. Hertz execs also got the others.

Carroll's car was sold to Ron Pratt by SAI in a private transaction in late 2006.

• 3 months later...

Here's a brand new Hertz convertible that did not sell last week for $44,100

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330323940719

it is back up for sale this week with a "Buy it now" of $55,000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330326368609

These cars are getting real cheep (and by that I mean $25k to $30k) for the used ones but most of them do have 20 to 30 thousand miles. So I ask the question, what is this brand new car worth?

Please chime in, I would like to hear your opinion.

QSS

Archived