TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gauge cluster and guages

I will need to buy a gauge cluster and gauges for my S/C that I have on order and would like to see some of the options that are availible for a 08 SGT that don't involve drilling holes in my car. I like the Shelby center dash cluster with precut holes less the gauges and would like to find a set of quality gauges that have a blue back light to match the ones in the my color option. Any links,pictures or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff

There was a thread about 6 months ago where someone said that you can replace the bulbs in the gauges for the SGT pod.

Get in touch with pottydr (Rick Yates). I know he changed the lights in his pod to red and said it was not difficult. He is a great guy and will share all he knows with you.

Jim

I will need to buy a gauge cluster and gauges for my S/C that I have on order and would like to see some of the options that are availible for a 08 SGT that don't involve drilling holes in my car. I like the Shelby center dash cluster with precut holes less the gauges and would like to find a set of quality gauges that have a blue back light to match the ones in the my color option. Any links,pictures or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff

I went with the Speed of Sound Triple cluster A-pillar pods, it replaces the whole A-pillar and looks totally OEM.

web.jpg

Good luck with what ever you choose.

Take Care,

Andrew

I went with Speed of Sound triple dash pod. If you buy from them tell Alan I said hello. They are located right down the street from me and Alan is top notch in my book.

DSC05218.JPG

SOSleft.jpg

sosright.JPG

Those look pretty good AND they are angled toward the driver just a little bit too...The Shelby Gauge Pod is not angled any at all and I believe makes it a little difficult to read at a quick glance. Wonder if there is a way to angle the gauges in the Shelby pod any at all?

Those look pretty good AND they are angled toward the driver just a little bit too...The Shelby Gauge Pod is not angled any at all and I believe makes it a little difficult to read at a quick glance. Wonder if there is a way to angle the gauges in the Shelby pod any at all?

I can tell you, the Shelby gauges not being angled really surprised me when I got the car. They need the angle to be as useful as they can be. I am going to take mine apart and see if I cannot fabricate something that will kick them to the driver's side. If anyone else (pottydr?) has done this already, I have no need to reinvent the wheel.

Jim

Here's a link for some interesting options. I know that we've had a few discussion threads about the gauge pods. . . . .

I can't find the one that I saw recently that basically divided the DIN Radio opening into a 3 gauge pod and an opening for an aftermarket radio to be installed. . . . . works if you're going that route. . . .

Moss Mustang has these to offer. . . . . . Moss Mustang Gauges

I kinda liked the Vent Gauges. . . . those were pretty interesting looking. There's also one that mounts some gauges on the steering column. . .

Jim - There's also the triple dash pod that Autometer put together . . . . . looks like the gauges angle toward the driver also!!

Just some additional info................

Trevor

Here's a link for some interesting options. I know that we've had a few discussion threads about the gauge pods. . . . .

I can't find the one that I saw recently that basically divided the DIN Radio opening into a 3 gauge pod and an opening for an aftermarket radio to be installed. . . . . works if you're going that route. . . .

Moss Mustang has these to offer. . . . . . Moss Mustang Gauges

I kinda liked the Vent Gauges. . . . those were pretty interesting looking. There's also one that mounts some gauges on the steering column. . .

Jim - There's also the triple dash pod that Autometer put together . . . . . looks like the gauges angle toward the driver also!!

Just some additional info................

Trevor

The gauge pod that you are talking about that goes where the original radio would is also Speed of Sound item...go to their web site, they show it there...I like the fact that the Autometer gauge pod kind of snaps in at the back in the vents AND the gauges are angled toward the driver! Cool!

Jeff

Jeff

Whoa up a second. The Shelby center pod uses 2 5/8" holes for those C/F gauges. If you plan to use a Wideband A/F or the Autometer guages with blue back lights you'll find they are 2 1/16th" gauges. I bought the COBALT series (Blue back light) that match my dash lights (wideban A/F, electric oil pressure, and Vac/Boost for the SC). Consider the blank pod and punch the holes. Mine are also recessed and angled. I'll send a picture when they get the KB tune to work......

If you choose the Shelby Gauge Pod they are 2 5/8" gauges as stated. As for the back light, the Shelby gauges come with a clear bulb. Autometer, the maker of the gauge, does have LED replacment bulbs. They come in red, amber, green and blue. Use the part number to replace the c168 or c161 bulb. They run about $11-$12 each. Just a simple plug and play. Pop the old out and replace with the new.

Almost every other aftermarket gauge pod for the SN197 Mustang platform utilizes the 2 1/16" gauge.

Hope this helps.

Roger

I bought my lights at autozone maybe 4 dollars, I set my gauges so when everything it right, the needle points straight up so all I have to do is give it a quick look and I really dont look at them very often, Rick

Smart Man Rick! Old NASCAR trick...rotating the gauges where needles point to the same point makes perfect sense...if they are pointing anywere but there, there's a problem and it'll catch your eye... granted, it does look odd to some people because everything isn't perfectly aligned as far as the gauge name and stuff, but as you said, it works for a quick glance...at speed, you don't want to have to take your eyes off of what's in front of you for very long...

I would also add, consider if you really want a boost gauge for your supercharger or would you get more use out of some other gauge (A/F mixture, oil temp, etc.). I have the boost gauge and I find it pretty useless. The gauge only moves off the peg when you really get into the throttle. At those times, I find it more important to pay attention to what is in front of me.

I would also add, consider if you really want a boost gauge for your supercharger or would you get more use out of some other gauge (A/F mixture, oil temp, etc.). I have the boost gauge and I find it pretty useless. The gauge only moves off the peg when you really get into the throttle. At those times, I find it more important to pay attention to what is in front of me.

Do you have a wide band boost gauge? I have wide band boost, A/F and fuel pressure. Out of the three I use my boost and fuel pressure quite a bit. The air fuel jumps around so much that it is pretty useless in my opinion. I believe I have an option on the gauge to capture max, min readings though so that would be good if I ever decided to use it.

DSC05226.JPG

Do you have a wide band boost gauge? I have wide band boost, A/F and fuel pressure. Out of the three I use my boost and fuel pressure quite a bit. The air fuel jumps around so much that it is pretty useless in my opinion. I believe I have an option on the gauge to capture max, min readings though so that would be good if I ever decided to use it.

DSC05226.JPG

I went with the SOS pillar 2 pod with Cobalt ATM 6163 Fuel Press 0-100 PSI and ATM 6159 Boost/Vac 30 In. Hg/30 PSI with the raptor shift light.

Thanks for all the info,

Jeff

I think you are right. Very creative and cool though, I would never have thought of that.

Yup...find a magnet big enough to fit into the power port and glue it to the back of that key chain emblem and you've got the faux gas cap with the Tiffany Snake for your power plug cover...

Archived