TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I will keep my Shelby GT forever!!

ilmor

Is this possible...can I do it? I've never felt like doing this with a car before, but I do with this one. What are your intentions? Does anyone plan to keep their's "forever"? Obviously, that will be easier if I am fortunate enough to have it remain a garage queen. Just think how large my post count will be!!! :drool:

Is this possible...can I do it? I've never felt like doing this with a car before, but I do with this one. What are your intentions? Does anyone plan to keep their's "forever"? Obviously, that will be easier if I am fortunate enough to have it remain a garage queen. Just think how large my post count will be!!! :drool:

I'm hoping to hang on to mine for a long time to come also! Maybe someday when I'm too old to drive it, I'll pass it down to my daugther...

Hopefully she still be able to buy gasoline to put in the tank. Maybe SPP will need to sell plug in electric drive retrofit kits instead of superchargers!

I've dreamed of owning a Shelby for nearly 30 years, and I never thought it would really happen. When I bought my 05 Mustang GT new, I had no idea Mr. Shelby would be getting back with Ford again and I'd have another chance at one. Luckily, I have an understanding wife, and she went for the upgrade to an 08 SGT. My Shelby is my daily driver, so I don't expect it to last forever, but I can't really see selling it. I'll probably drive it until it isn't practical anymore, then garage it and restore it. I'm not overly optimistic about the 2010 Mustang/Shelby, so I'm good with what I've got. When Carroll is gone, they can do whatever they want with his name and company, but it just won't be the same. I'll have a piece of history to hang onto for a long time. Maybe it'll go for a million bucks some day at Barrett-Jackson, and then I can get the newest flying-electric-hover-thingy!

Sure hope so Ilmor. That's my plan anyway. Of course, being 62, forever may not be as long for me as for you but as long as there is gas availiable I don't see ever getting rid of it. I love this car :happy feet:

Jim

I am torn between decision. At first I absolutely loved the car, and I still do. But it is underpowered. So I will either have the Paxton SC installed at SAI or trade in on a GT 500 or possibly if there will be a GT 350. I love the classic look of the white and silver. If the car had 400 HP it would be near perfect. But I am concerned about adding a SC to an engine with powedered rods, stock pistons, and a cast crank. I am sure you can derive 400-500 HP but for how long. The car is a year old and about 4,800 miles and most of those were transporting to AZ.

I purchased my first Shelby in 1977 a 68 GT350 and more recently a 08 SGT.Now I have one for both my kids when I'm gone. I just hope they don't get them for a long time!!!!!!!

post-19413-1220669893_thumb.jpg

Hey Duck, not meaning to hijack the thread but how about some pics of the '68. We love pictures.

Jim

This car is staying with me forever, I've got a couple cars that I've had since there birth so............ I'll probably keep this one forever.

I hope to! I agree...never had a car I wanted to do that with.

I don't drive it in the winter or bad weather so my hope is to do that too! We'll all have to met up in 20 years! ;-)

As Jay Leon has said before, " you never sell a Shelby"!!!!! Just listen to the last 20 seconds.... :happy feet:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_...html?vid=187704

Jay hit the nail on the head with that statement! I'll keep mine and pass it down to my son some day...

Jay hit the nail on the head with that statement! I'll keep mine and pass it down to my son some day...

I plan on passing this one down to my son also, he is only 3 now and appreciates all mustangs. I hope to teach him the heritage and history that Shelby has brought to not only stangs but the competition of muscle cars in general. Mr. Shelby will for sure leave a legacy behind some day so we must honor him and keep this great tradition alive by passing these things down to the generations behind us to keep it kicking FOREVER!

As Jay Leon has said before, " you never sell a Shelby"!!!!! Just listen to the last 20 seconds.... :happy feet:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_...html?vid=187704

Yeah except unlike us, Mr. Leno never has to sell anything! Ever see his garage...WOW! :hysterical:

All my current personal vehicles are not negotiable selling items in my life. I dig them, they are all different.

I am realling looking forward to the 25 year old patina on my SGT, but no dents.

I kept my first car for 25 years, which was a "shelbyized" 1967 cougar...sold it 8 years ago and invested that cash, made enough on it to buy a real Shelby (Shelby GT/SC) that I plan to have for the next 25 years or more and then give it to my son... but he'll have to pry the keys out of my cold weak fingers in the nursing home.

Yeah except unlike us, Mr. Leno never has to sell anything! Ever see his garage...WOW! :hysterical:

All my current personal vehicles are not negotiable selling items in my life. I dig them, they are all different.

I am realling looking forward to the 25 year old patina on my SGT, but no dents.

As a fellow that still drives a Scout I'll bet you get to see that 25 year old patina. I hope to also.

Jim

Funny, I met up w/ some guys from work at a golf outing the other day, and they were all looking at my car. One guy said, "man, you can never sell this you know"....I said "yeah, I know!".

I was driving up to Best Buy this morning and this guy and his wife in an Explorer were next to me. I could see the guy mouthing Shelby and pointing to his wife. He gave me the thumbs up and I waved. Hell no I'm not selling mine. I'm going to change my will to have a hole big enough for me and my car to be buried. I love this thing. Not only does it look good, go good and feel good it means something in the world of cars.

I will not sell my Shelby Gt for anything. I have had 4 other mustangs, 2 1993 GT Conv; 1 1995 GT Conv; 1 2007 GT Premium and none have compared to CSM #5468. I Love this car, everything about it. I will pass it on to my kids when the time comes.

Sell the Shelby GT? NEVER! I had the Mrs buy the next two adjacent plots next to mine so that I could be buried in it!

:happy feet:

Duck, more pictures, especially of the 68 and how about a comparison of the two from your point

1977 I was just out of high school and took a trip to Florda with one thing in mind,buy a rust free Mustang and bring it back to Ohio.To be honest I didn't even know what a Shelby was at that time but I knew I wanted a Mustang.After about a week looking I was about to give up, every car I looked at was more than I could swing.I stopped to talk to a guy at a gas station that had a real nice 69 mach1 and asked him if he knew of any Mustangs for sale.He said no but I know a guy that has a Shelby his dad is making him sell.I went to the guys house and a kid about my age opened the door and said his dad made him tade the Shelby in on a station wagon because he got one to many traffic tickets.So I get to the used car lot and there's the Shelby way in the back of the lot,at first the salesman said he was keeping the car for himself but I managed to talk him out of it for $2400.Had a bad engine from the kid street racing so I don't have the original engine but it's got a solid body. I restored the car myself the next year. Three weeks ago I started a deserving second restoration. As for a comparison I think that would be unfare considering there's 40yrs difference.I will tell you I really injoy the SGT.

Archived