TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tempurature In Terlingua Today

SpeedRacer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey,

I am in the park next door today and most days. It is about 75/55 in the Chisos Basin - which are the mid elevation mountains, about 85/58 at the park headquarters which are grassland/foothills below the Basin, and about exactly as reported in Terlingua - good point.

Also, it is lush and green now with the recent rains - coolong off a bit each day, and beautiful.

Viva Terlingua!

David

PS - Really looking forward to the event and to meeting folks.

Hey,

I am in the park next door today and most days. It is about 75/55 in the Chisos Basin - which are the mid elevation mountains, about 85/58 at the park headquarters which are grassland/foothills below the Basin, and about exactly as reported in Terlingua - good point.

Also, it is lush and green now with the recent rains - coolong off a bit each day, and beautiful.

Viva Terlingua!

David

PS - Really looking forward to the event and to meeting folks.

David,

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the gang! See you on the 25th...

Stuart

Hi All from the "rainforest" of West Texas.

Over 2 inches of rain yesterday in Lajitas - which is good for that area - right around Lajitas has actually been relatively dry. But overall the area is wet, wet, wet and wetter - again good overall - green, lush and beautiful right now and will be for the event!

The only issue we are facing locally right now is that Highway 170 between Lajitas and Presido, TX is closed due to water on the road and flooding. The Rio Grande is way up in that section. I just spoke with TXDOT and they think it will stay that way for at least several days - but hopefully subside and clear after that.

Our roads out here are good overall with no pot holes as a rule - but who knows after all the rain. Likely, they will be fine.

I have fingers crossed that by event time it will be sunny and pleasant - yea I am an optomist - but that is our norm here for that time of year.

Counting down the days,

David

well I went to farmers almanac and searched the trip week, back to 2003, here is what i got

High Temp: 70-80.6F

Low Temp: 46-60.8F

Average Temp: 66.8F

Dewpoint: 63.3F

Wind Speed: 3.1 Knots

Precipitation Amount: 0 Inches

Snow Depth: n/a

Observations: n/a

So, there hasn't been and rain in Lajitas from the 24th of September going back to 2002. I could go back further, but thought this was ok. Looks like there is rain in early Sept as well, so that looks normal. we will hope for the best.

Amy

well I went to farmers almanac and searched the trip week, back to 2003, here is what i got

High Temp: 70-80.6F

Low Temp: 46-60.8F

Average Temp: 66.8F

Dewpoint: 63.3F

Wind Speed: 3.1 Knots

Precipitation Amount: 0 Inches

Snow Depth: n/a

Observations: n/a

So, there hasn't been and rain in Lajitas from the 24th of September going back to 2002. I could go back further, but thought this was ok. Looks like there is rain in early Sept as well, so that looks normal. we will hope for the best.

Amy

Amy,

Sounds great! :happy feet: :happy feet: Even if it rains a little, fun will be had by all. Regards.

Stuart :peelout:

Umm, no no no...my car doesn't do rain! She does not know what that is, and it must stay that way!

We like to keep her lookin perdy... :happy feet:

Dubbs,

My thoughts and prayers will be with all Southern Teaxans over the next couple of days with Ike coming in from the gulf. All of you guys and gals be safe.. God's speed.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, we just finished putting the backyard junk in the garage and drug the lawn furniture in the living room, looks great :lol: Guess we are as ready as we could ever be. Hopefully all it is is rain and not too much wind.

Sherri,

You be safe ok. If they tell you to evcauate--get out (take the Shelby with you LOL). Bea and I will see you on the 24th... Our prayers are with you.

Stuart

Archived