TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First GT500 in northern Europe!

NickeH

Finally it has arrived!

The GT500 was delivered to me last friday in Uppsala, Sweden!

It made the headlined here and so far a couple of magasines and a TV-show has featured the car!

Auto Motor Sport, which is one of Europes largest car-mags, made an 8-paige article on it and it will also be on the cover! :cheerleader:

The TV-show filmed my wife as she skidded in second gear, flooring it from a red-light..! :fan:

The mag will be out in a couple of weeks as will the TV-show! Pretty cool!

post-3819-1159396419_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396445_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396471_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396495_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396514_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396552_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396419_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396445_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396471_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396495_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396514_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1159396552_thumb.jpg

Finally it has arrived!

It made the headlined here and so far a couple of magasines and a TV-show has featured the car!

Auto Motor Sport, which is one of Europes largest car-mags, made an 8-paige article on it and it will also be on the cover! :cheerleader:

The TV-show filmed my wife as she skidded in second gear, flooring it from a red-light..! :fan:

THAT'S REALLY COOL! Get extra copies of the Magazines so we can pay you for them I'm sure alot of members would like to see it & have it.

If they put it on the web let us know also....& keep your wife, she looks like a real winner also!

NOTE : I noticed that in one of your photos that their was another mustang (Gray w/balck stripes) & it said GT500 on the bottom but looked like a regular Mustang GT....What's up with That? Was it a stunt car? :hysterical:

Finally it has arrived!

nice pics.... would like to see the mag too.....

THAT'S REALLY COOL! Get extra copies of the Magazines so we can pay you for them I'm sure alot of members would like to see it & have it.

If they put it on the web let us know also....& keep your wife, she looks like a real winner also!

NOTE : I noticed that in one of your photos that their was another mustang (Gray w/balck stripes) & it said GT500 on the bottom but looked like a regular Mustang GT....What's up with That? Was it a stunt car? :hysterical:

Keeping both car and wife! They're both beauties! :bandance: :happy feet: :bandance: Thanks for the compliments!

The silver car is a modded GT, with KB supercharger installed, and because of that a broken automatic transmission... The guy owning it is second in line for a GT500... He was on me all the time wanting to buy my car... I don't :censored: think so!

The Mustangs are pretty rare over here: there's only been about 300 -05-07 sold/imported to Sweden (and one GT500 :cheerleader: ). They cost pretty much due to high taxes, shipping and so forth.

Neat!! So what has to be modified to make it legal in Sweden?

It should have orange signallights both on each side of the car plus in the rear. It should also have a front licenseplate. Note I said it should... I don't want ANY holes drilled in my car! It's been registered with temporary lights and passed, so with a little bit of luck I don't need to worry about that for 3 years! :bandance:

Finally it has arrived!

NickeH-- Congrat`s Great pictures Keep us posted on the magazine article . Would love to get acopy of it let us know. ENJOY KEEP tabs on your wife looks likes she set to take a run in the car.

Congrats!

And also congrats on you hockey teams' gold medals in the Olympics and the World Hockey Championships this year!

Surely you're a Red Wings fan with all the Swedes on their team and they represent the city/state where your new hot ride was built. Your car is red/white too I see.

Finally it has arrived!

Congrats NickeH! Have fun driving! Also the pictures really show off the red, which is good as that is

the same color as I ordered.

Max

Congrats!

And also congrats on you hockey teams' gold medals in the Olympics and the World Hockey Championships this year!

Surely you're a Red Wings fan with all the Swedes on their team and they represent the city/state where your new hot ride was built. Your car is red/white too I see.

Thanks!

I used to live in St Louis, MO... So... St Louis Blues for me! :cheerleader:

Congrats. NickeH

Enjoy

Thanks! And I will!

Hope you get yours soon too!

Hey NickeH, great car!!! Keep it warm in the winter!!! I have a Swedish buddy here in the states that has sent a few cars there including a Mustang. I'm sure he's going to die over yours, when I tell him. :rip:

Bought extra insulated carcovers from the states, so she'll be warm and cosy..!

I've heard that the taxes for a vehicle like that over there are astronomical - hope uncle svenson doesn't hit you up to hard

The taxes ARE astronomical, and "uncle Svensson" hit me hard as soon as the car was on the ground here in Sweden... :fan:

Wow- beautiful car, beautiful wife!

I cringe to think of the punitive taxes there. I used to ship US cars to the UK in the 80's.......the UK was best because they 'only' assessed a 28% import tax....With an eye on expanding my business, I investigated the potential for export to Scandinavian countries also-- quickly abandoned the idea when I found out that Swedish Customs required approx 70% import tax! ...at least back then around '88 - '90 they did.

I applaud you for bringing in the Shelby- despite the obstacles!

Thanks! And I will!

Hope you get yours soon too!

Bought extra insulated carcovers from the states, so she'll be warm and cosy..!

The taxes ARE astronomical, and "uncle Svensson" hit me hard as soon as the car was on the ground here in Sweden... :fan:

Hey, NikeH

I'm trying to get ahold of my Swedish buddy. I found out today that he is back in Sweden building a house. He has shipped 2 Mustangs there in the past. When I get ahold of him I'm going to tell him about this post. Maybe you guys can talk.

Rick

Wow- beautiful car, beautiful wife!

I cringe to think of the punitive taxes there. I used to ship US cars to the UK in the 80's.......the UK was best because they 'only' assessed a 28% import tax....With an eye on expanding my business, I investigated the potential for export to Scandinavian countries also-- quickly abandoned the idea when I found out that Swedish Customs required approx 70% import tax! ...at least back then around '88 - '90 they did.

I applaud you for bringing in the Shelby- despite the obstacles!

Thanks!

Because of the high taxes there won't be very many Shelbys in my country, which makes it so much sweeter to have one! :happy feet:

Hey, NikeH

I'm trying to get ahold of my Swedish buddy. I found out today that he is back in Sweden building a house. He has shipped 2 Mustangs there in the past. When I get ahold of him I'm going to tell him about this post. Maybe you guys can talk.

Rick

Please do!

If you PM me I'll give you my phonenumber!

Wow, Congrats.

I am 300 miles from Detroit and still on material hold.

Perhaps I should have ordered my car in Sweden! ! !

Seems to deliver faster.

Pics look great, Only wish it were me.

Thanks!

You could probably get one here, but we're not talking MSRP... :fan:

Archived