TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How are you going to aquire your new toy?

JETSOLVER

So I was at the dealership today just to stay in touch and my salesman mentioned that on a first come first served basis, they would be more inclined to do the simplest deal on this car. They can make more through financing cars, but he feels that the limited avail. of early cars will lead to a very much first-come, first-served situation so that less feelings are hurt. He is very worried that the cars will come in to our area with a demo(first) car that will go at a stupid price and then nothing until late next year or even early 07. So then this disscussion started. Curious as to your thoughts. :mellow:

Well as I have said at my SVT dealer the SVT manager has told me that he expects to get between 12-14 units allocated for custom order by the customers long since been determined by way of deposits last year. He told me they will be able to place orfers with Ford in April, and production of the GT500s will begin June 1st for mid- July delivery. Now, I am getting a coupe, so I haven't asked about production for verts, and don't know whether or not that changes things.

KingCobra.

Funny my dealership has not and will not take deposits as they feel it just leads to hard feelings with existing customers. This just highlights the fact that dealers are independant business's I guess. I will continue to check with the other 3 dealers in AB. though.

My dealer has taken deposits from 12 people since that is what he has been told his allocation will be. Anyone who wants on the list can and will be placed on the list but no money is taken. Assuming the top 12 take a car, #13 to ? will become the 08 list and the top 12 on that list ante up. Should one of the original 12 for an 07 decide they want out #13 becomes #12 ante up or move out of the way.

I was at the dealer last week and I just plain asked him.... Do I get a car in 06? His response was "Off the top of my head you're definitely in the top 5 so if you want an 07 you WILL get one"

How am I going to be paying for my GT500? Straight up hard earned cash. I'll be a monkey’s uncle if I'm going to pay a cent in interest. I've worked way too hard, sold too many things I loved, and made far too many sacrifices over the last year to give away more of my money to any creditor (I.E. Ford Financial).

*If* I was in a situation where I could have one, I'd have to sell what I have (the 89 *and* the 95). I figure between the two (this is hypothetically putting the GT in a finished state), I *might* be able to get around $20K.........the Vert would fetch more that the GT, for sure). $20K down would keep things semi-affordable, I think. Realistically though, there's NO way I could pay cash for one of these. Hell, I couldn't even come up woith the cash for a new compact car. :)

I received an email from my dealer, before Christmas, saying not to worry and that the Only way I'll be bumped down from 1st on the Shelby List, is if the Dealership Owner wants one. So far he doesn't!

I've been waiting since 92', when my B***h of an X wife made me sell my 88 5.0L, for this Exact car to materialize. The day of the NY unveiling I called the license bureau for my Personalized Plate and I went into my dealer on March 31st and signed an Agreement to Purchase.

A Shelby! A True Shelby!! I Can't wait!!!

Archived