TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FoodLion Auto Fair Concord, NC

SHELBYGT698

I wasn't planning on going but i just found out Caroll Shelby will be there signing autographs this Sat. 9/6 @ the Lowes Motor Speedway in Concord, NC. Any of you guys plan on going? I'm all hyped now. Maybe i can get my visors signed. It would be great because my B-Day is the 9th. I told my wife I didn't want anything for my B-Day but an autograph would be great. Maybe i can have my wife snap a couple pictures too while he's signing an autograph for me, where ever it may be to prove authencity. Or I can one signed and my wife can have the other signed. I'm going nuts just thinking about it now. :happy feet: What do you guys think.

by

Wow!! I didn't know he would be in town and I don't know how he does it!! I doubt I will even be alive at 85, let alone travelling all over the country! I wonder why he is out this way? I can't image he is out here just for the AutoFair. I was debating whether to go since they are predicting rain from Hurricane Hanna, but now that Carroll will be there, I'm going. Here is a quote from the Lowes Motor Speedway website.

"The legendary car builder will meet the public during a one-hour autograph session on Saturday, Sept. 6. The special event will take place in the Food Lion AutoFair's spacious 3M Car Care Garage beginning at 10 a.m."

I am guessing the "3M Car Care Garage" is one of the race garages behind the pits they use for the shows.

I was thinking about going, but with the bad weather getting ready to roll through NC I'm going to sit this one out.

At the very least you must take a part from your car (sun visor or....) and get an autograph!! Rain or nor rain!

Only if I was closer!!

I just got back from the Auto Fair. It turned out to be a beautiful day here. I got in line about 8:45 and there were already about 30 people in front of me. By 10am when Carroll Shelby arrived, the line was really long! He looked good and his wife was there with him. He was promoting Z-Max and the opening of the Z-Max Drag Strip at Lowes Motor Speedway. I got my Cobra from his 85th Birthday Bash signed and my boys each brought a diecast to sign. They were very excited about it and Carroll seemed to enjoy his young fans.

I was thinking about going, but with the bad weather getting ready to roll through NC I'm going to sit this one out.

I am also back from the Auto Fair. There wasn't a single SGT that I saw. I saw many GT500 and 1 GT500SS and I GT-H. I had a great time. I got there a little after 9 and was I running to around crazy to find the booth. Come to find out, Carroll cannot sign any auto parts. I ended pretty upset.

I still did get an autograph of what looks to be a picture of a white SGT with Carroll standing next to it.

That should've been a Black SGT. :hysterical:

I did have a great time though. Carroll seems to be a great guy. It felt he enjoyed all his fans old and young. This would be my first time meeting the man himself.

I was only upset because he seems to be interested in my wife. You should see the picture i took of him and my wife. :hysterical::hysterical: j/k

I want to thank Amy and Sharon along with the speedway folks for getting Carroll to come up to our display and signing some dash boards and other items for us.

I got him to sign my GT 500 book even though I don't own a GT 500 yet........

Click here for photos: http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

We also took a group photo with him which should be posted soon!!

Archived