TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any West, or SW Michigan SGT owners out there?

The reason for my post is this. I was looking for a recommendation of a dealer to do some warranty work on my 07 SGT.

I would also be interested if one or two other owners wanted to take our cars in at the same time for work such as the hood scoop/muffler issue.

My reason is this, the dealer I bought my car from - Don Seelye, screwed up the paperwork back in Dec of 2006 and sold me the car for less than they had hoped to get for it (AKA, they realized at the time the car could be sold for a premium, and wanted to get me out of my deal)

3 months after I agreed to purchase, and had the title of the car (but not the car as it was getting a SC at Shelby) they wanted to re-do the paperwork and tried to pressure me to come in, they even tried to stop production at Shelby once they figured out that because of the SC it was being shipped to me. It's a long story, they had no standing, then tried to strong-arm me into coming in etc. The final statement by the sales manager was "I hope you enjoy the car, just beware EVERYONE here knows about your situation".

I took this to mean... don't bring your car to us for service or you might not like the results. It was classic, old school US car dealer BS. Frankly, it really, really turned me off to buying any car for a long time.

Anyways, I do need to get a couple things done. My muffler does bang a bit, and while my hood scoop is pretty darn good, it's not perfect. Once this final scoop problem is fixed I would like to address that also.

My thought is if a few of us showed up a dealer, we could explain the shelby process and also compare results (specifically on the scoop).

Otherwise, if someone has a dealer they could reccomend, AND OR if there is a dealer out there that would really like to earn someones future business (Hey, I'm 35, have a family and will buy several cars in the future...) please drop me a PM or respond.

Thanks.

The reason for my post is this. I was looking for a recommendation of a dealer to do some warranty work on my 07 SGT.

I would also be interested if one or two other owners wanted to take our cars in at the same time for work such as the hood scoop/muffler issue.

My reason is this, the dealer I bought my car from - Don Seelye, screwed up the paperwork back in Dec of 2006 and sold me the car for less than they had hoped to get for it (AKA, they realized at the time the car could be sold for a premium, and wanted to get me out of my deal)

3 months after I agreed to purchase, and had the title of the car (but not the car as it was getting a SC at Shelby) they wanted to re-do the paperwork and tried to pressure me to come in, they even tried to stop production at Shelby once they figured out that because of the SC it was being shipped to me. It's a long story, they had no standing, then tried to strong-arm me into coming in etc. The final statement by the sales manager was "I hope you enjoy the car, just beware EVERYONE here knows about your situation".

I took this to mean... don't bring your car to us for service or you might not like the results. It was classic, old school US car dealer BS. Frankly, it really, really turned me off to buying any car for a long time.

Anyways, I do need to get a couple things done. My muffler does bang a bit, and while my hood scoop is pretty darn good, it's not perfect. Once this final scoop problem is fixed I would like to address that also.

My thought is if a few of us showed up a dealer, we could explain the shelby process and also compare results (specifically on the scoop).

Otherwise, if someone has a dealer they could reccomend, AND OR if there is a dealer out there that would really like to earn someones future business (Hey, I'm 35, have a family and will buy several cars in the future...) please drop me a PM or respond.

Thanks.

I brought my at Fox Ford in Grand Rapids. They were great to work with. I will be going back to them in the future.

I brought my at Fox Ford in Grand Rapids. They were great to work with. I will be going back to them in the future.

I am near Fenton, the local dealership doesnt even have a body shop. got a decent deal on the car in april 2007, when they were marked up other places but no clear scoop replacement source.

Archived