TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR numbering

ctann

Hi all,

I was just wondering if the KR numbers are sequential - i.e. once the 2008 production finishes, will there be KR #1 to KR #1000 on the road? And when do they assign the numbers, is it only when they are scheduled to be converted at SAI, or are they assigned earlier - i.e. does my car already have a determined KR# associated with the VIN?

Still no movement on mine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for lucky #1000 now... :hysterical:

Chris.

Hi all,

I was just wondering if the KR numbers are sequential - i.e. once the 2008 production finishes, will there be KR #1 to KR #1000 on the road? And when do they assign the numbers, is it only when they are scheduled to be converted at SAI, or are they assigned earlier - i.e. does my car already have a determined KR# associated with the VIN?

Still no movement on mine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for lucky #1000 now... :hysterical:

Chris.

This is just a guess, but aint the KR numbers something like this 08KRXXXX, so I would think the 09 would have to have a NEW number starting with 09KR0001, but Im sure someone at SAI will correct me if Im wrong.

I pretty sure the numbers are not assigned until the car goes into production. Maybe some of the VIP cars were, but I dont think most are. VIP cars are like Carl Edward, Biffle and Kennseth. They got #99,#16, and #17.

michael morris

All I can add is that the first fifty numbers are controlled by FoMoCo not SAI.

WHY?

As I understand it, FoMoCo had no less than 50 VIP's earmarked for those cars right out of the gate. I guess a non VIP owner should be happy if they have a KR that's numbered 51 through 60.

Hi all,

Chris.

I'd be happy with # 540 as in H.P., or maybe # 999, whatever, I'll be happy whenever it shows up! :hysterical:

Archived