TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just recieved my second GT500 Convertible!!!

Richard Saute

:beerchug: CHEERS!! Checked out my 2nd convertible today.

My first one is Ebony Black with Tungsten stripes. It looks good even without the "over-the-top" stripes. I've only put 20 miles on it so far. But those miles have been good ones. Stalled the car a few times trying to go backwards uphill into the garage. :doh:

The second is Performance White with the Blue stripes. But when I saw it I decided to modify this one a bit. I am having the stripes put on the rest of the car and having all of the Black exterior pieces painted White. I also am having the exhaust changed for something that will breath easier and give it a little more personality. Under the Hood I am having a smaller pulley put on the Blower, and putting it on the dyno. Would like to end up close to 600 HP.

Other pictures of the car are on the SVT registry page under GT 500. Just click on the picture there for other views. P9060066.JPG P9060070.JPG P9300152.JPG P9300155.JPG

P9060066.JPG

P9060070.JPG

P9300152.JPG

P9300155.JPG

My first one is Ebony Black with Tungsten stripes. It looks good even without the "over-the-top" stripes. I've only put 20 miles on it so far. But those miles have been good ones. Stalled the car a few times trying to go backwards uphill into the garage. :doh:

The second is Performance White with the Blue stripes. But when I saw it I decided to modify this one a bit. I am having the stripes put on the rest of the car and having all of the Black exterior pieces painted White. I also am having the exhaust changed for something that will breath easier and give it a little more personality. Under the Hood I am having a smaller pulley put on the Blower, and putting it on the dyno. Would like to end up close to 600 HP. I'll post pictures once I get the car back, and when I figure out what I'm doing wrong trying to post them.

You Suck@!!! Still waiting on one, Guess my 66 Shelby will have to due till it shows up, Or maybe my 04 Mystic, no I think I will drive my 93 Teal car. Na my 95 Cobra I bought new.

The second is Performance White with the Blue stripes. But when I saw it I decided to modify this one a bit. I am having the stripes put on the rest of the car and having all of the Black exterior pieces painted White. I also am having the exhaust changed for something that will breath easier and give it a little more personality. Under the Hood I am having a smaller pulley put on the Blower, and putting it on the dyno. Would like to end up close to 600 HP. I'll post pictures once I get the car back, and when I figure out what I'm doing wrong trying to post them.

Shelby #18

Both of mine are inbound right now, but only keeping one though.

Would love to see pics of your 61 Falc!

I have a 61 chero, and a matching parts donor with title myself.

Although, they're both very "ugly" right now.

Mike.

Yeah Shelby 18. Don't expect us to feel like doing cartwheels over the fact that you're getting your second when a lot of us don't even have a VIN yet for one.

Shelby #18

Both of mine are inbound right now, but only keeping one though.

Would love to see pics of your 61 Falc!

I have a 61 chero, and a matching parts donor with title myself.

Although, they're both very "ugly" right now.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Sorry it took so long. I didn't know how to squish down the photos. If you can see this let me know and I'll send more if you like.

Rick

61_Falcon.jpg

61_Falcon.jpg

Congrats. SHELBY#18

Thanks LSR. Checked out the painted "over the top" stripes today, and they look great on the convertible. The guys that did it matched the coupes exactly, even on the back around the "safety" light where I thought they would have problems. I should have some before and after pictures soon.

Yep, that is a nice falc.

Is it original (144/170) or has it been built at all?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

It's a 170 with the two speed automatic. I did a complete restoration on the car in the 90's. I used as many NOS parts as I could find. The best thing I found was the original seat covers still in the Ford box. The hardest was all of the stainless on the sides. Hey did your second car come in yet?

Hi Mike,

It's a 170 with the two speed automatic. I did a complete restoration on the car in the 90's. I used as many NOS parts as I could find. The best thing I found was the original seat covers still in the Ford box. The hardest was all of the stainless on the sides. Hey did your second car come in yet?

My 1st car ever was a '61 falc wagon. Had a 170 w/ a 3-speed on the tree.

My Ranchero that I got right after that had your combo, 170 w/2-speed slushbox.

Still have that car, although, probably not for long. Made deal with wife, if I get a Shelby, the 'chero project goes away...

Real shame, because I already bought the shortblock, the wiring harness, lenses, a complete parts car running/titled, etc.

Oh well.

To answer your question, no, the 2nd car not here yet.

Got called tonight about 5:30 PM and told the 1st one was just delivered to the dealer. Of course, they called so late, I couldn't get ahold of my attorney. We had already talked earlier in the day about going there on Tuesday, because I had been told the car wouldn't be there until Monday at best.

Well, now it's here, and I have to wait. I might go down tomorrow and feel the situation out and get a look at it, but I think it's just a matter of battling come Tuesday most likely.

The 2nd one should show about then anyway. Would really feel better if I had a rail car number for it though. All they can tell me is "shipped".

Mike.

My 1st car ever was a '61 falc wagon. Had a 170 w/ a 3-speed on the tree.

My Ranchero that I got right after that had your combo, 170 w/2-speed slushbox.

Still have that car, although, probably not for long. Made deal with wife, if I get a Shelby, the 'chero project goes away...

Real shame, because I already bought the shortblock, the wiring harness, lenses, a complete parts car running/titled, etc.

Oh well.

To answer your question, no, the 2nd car not here yet.

Got called tonight about 5:30 PM and told the 1st one was just delivered to the dealer. Of course, they called so late, I couldn't get ahold of my attorney. We had already talked earlier in the day about going there on Tuesday, because I had been told the car wouldn't be there until Monday at best.

Well, now it's here, and I have to wait. I might go down tomorrow and feel the situation out and get a look at it, but I think it's just a matter of battling come Tuesday most likely.

The 2nd one should show about then anyway. Would really feel better if I had a rail car number for it though. All they can tell me is "shipped".

Mike.

Yeah Mike, I feel for you. My wife would kill me if I showed up with another car. I still have 2 other Falcons, 1 Mustang, and 2 Lincoln's that are not on the list. Just don't have time to restore them anymore.

Hey, just curious. Why the attorney, and what state are you in?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markham51

Congrats 18, "You can't have too many Mustangs" I have always said. I bought a coupe which i plan to "mod the heck out of" and a convert i plan to keep stock. I cant wait for the factory mod packages to get released for the GT500. I am attending the SEMA show in November where I plan to scout out all cool mustang stuff for the coupe. With any luck there will be lots to see. This is my first trip to SEMA and I am very excited about it for that reason (its a boys only trip...so look out!)....

Nice cars. The stripes look good with the top down, but I saw a red with white stripes and with the top up it was buffugly. Probably the stark black to white contrast. Black stripes might have looked ok on the red vert.Post pics with the tops up so we can see.

I hope to have completed pictures this week. They are still putting the finishing touches on the car.

Congrats 18, "You can't have too many Mustangs" I have always said. I bought a coupe which i plan to "mod the heck out of" and a convert i plan to keep stock. I cant wait for the factory mod packages to get released for the GT500. I am attending the SEMA show in November where I plan to scout out all cool mustang stuff for the coupe. With any luck there will be lots to see. This is my first trip to SEMA and I am very excited about it for that reason (its a boys only trip...so look out!)....

Hey markham, I used to have more but sold them off when I was younger. Don't think I'll make it to the SEMA show this year. Maybe next. Just too darn much on my plate!

Guest markham51

Hey markham, I used to have more but sold them off when I was younger. Don't think I'll make it to the SEMA show this year. Maybe next. Just too darn much on my plate!

Yes, Mustangs are easy to buy and hard to sell. I like your collection. i love the old Lincolns, we had a 59 Ford Wagon and I have always been facinated with the old "hard top" converts!

Yes, Mustangs are easy to buy and hard to sell. I like your collection. i love the old Lincolns, we had a 59 Ford Wagon and I have always been facinated with the old "hard top" converts!

Yeah, Shelby #18....

At this poinit for me and some of the others here, Kermit the Frog's song applies "It ain't easy being green".....with envy that is......that is my theme song right now...cause here you have TWO....and we ain't got ONE.....Yes, I know here is another old fart....quoting kids songs....obviously got a house full of kids (yeap...I've got 4) and all....

congrats.

Scott

Yeah, Shelby #18....

At this poinit for me and some of the others here, Kermit the Frog's song applies "It ain't easy being green".....with envy that is......that is my theme song right now...cause here you have TWO....and we ain't got ONE.....Yes, I know here is another old fart....quoting kids songs....obviously got a house full of kids (yeap...I've got 4) and all....

congrats.

Scott

Scott, don't mind the song at all. Just watched Season 1 of the Muppet Show with my four kids. Guess we do have something in common!!

Archived