TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Blower

Most Shelby purists like myself would say don't do it but the beauty of these cars is you can do what is best for you. Just keep the original parts if ever needed.

Besides, who am I to say something. Some of the parts Tasca installed are nonbranded Steda.

Good luck. Make sure you get a brake upgrade before installing the blower.

Good luck. Make sure you get a brake upgrade before installing the blower.

BTW - The AP Racing brakes are on sale again this month (HOPE to post something later today or first thing tomorrow). And, not only can you get them through us, but you can get them through a number of the other forum sponsors :):)

so what do you guys think about the new roush tvs2300 blower? im thinking about it getting it really bad. i can get a really good deal, below invoce installed. What do you guys think of a Shelby with a roush blower?

I love the TVS's engineering -- it's an extraordinary piece, imo with outstanding thermal and adiabatic efficiencies. However, notice here they recommend forged internals with the 2300 -- a good idea, imho. Also, at 14psi, you'd need to swap out he fuel pump for the GT500 dual pumps, imo and spring for a custom tune. Prolly brake upgrade and aftermarket clutch would be a good investment too. All depends what your goals are.

If I were to do all that to a 3V I'd want it done by someone who eats, sleeps and breathes 3Vs like Jim D'Amore of JDM engineering (Freehold, NJ) -- they are known as masters of the 3V. ;-)

Dan

so what do you guys think about the new roush tvs2300 blower? im thinking about it getting it really bad. i can get a really good deal, below invoce installed. What do you guys think of a Shelby with a roush blower?

I agree with Dan,very nice blower. Roush also offers a short block for this blower rated at 700hp and may offer a longblock later on this year.

Hi Mark!

Btw, met Jim D'Amore at a MM&FF 20th anniversary event at Atco a few weeks ago. He's an insightful guy for sure!

That's why I went with the Saleen although I really wanted the Whipple. Jim took the time to discuss the 5R55S and specifically describe the changes that he made in the shift pattern to make the transmission work efficiently and reliably with the higher boost level. He also quelled my fears about going to a 10 psi boost with the 3V. The package of accesories to the blower that they put together was also very good as were the instructions. In addition, they answered the questions I had during the install. Good company for sure!

I agree with Dan,very nice blower. Roush also offers a short block for this blower rated at 700hp and may offer a longblock later on this year.

...interesting! Do you know if that's based on the Aluminator 4.6 but somehow machined/mod'd for the 3V heads or is it the vanilla Romeo 3V fit up with forged goodies, etc? I bet there will be signif demand for a solid 3V platform -- there's got to be in the vicinity of 80-100K (swag) 3Vs out there in S197 Mustang GTs alone.

---

Here's the Install Manual for the TVS2300 3V Roushcharger (even tho the pics appear to be generic and show what looks to be the shorter 1900 in many of them).

...interesting! Do you know if that's based on the Aluminator 4.6 but somehow machined/mod'd for the 3V heads or is it the vanilla Romeo 3V fit up with forged goodies, etc? I bet there will be signif demand for a solid 3V platform -- there's got to be in the vicinity of 80-100K (swag) 3Vs out there in S197 Mustang GTs alone.

---

Here's the Install Manual for the TVS2300 3V Roushcharger (even tho the pics appear to be generic and show what looks to be the shorter 1900 in many of them).

I've been in contact with Roush and FRPP about their 4.6 3v motors. Both are based of the Aluminator with forged internals and CNC ported heads. I think they are the same engines, both have told me they have seen over 1000hp from this 4.6 3V. This would be a killer stealth engine to throw in a SGT with a ported TVS. :yup:

I've been in contact with Roush and FRPP about their 4.6 3v motors. Both are based of the Aluminator with forged internals and CNC ported heads. I think they are the same engines, both have told me they have seen over 1000hp from this 4.6 3V. This would be a killer stealth engine to throw in a SGT with a ported TVS. :yup:

Very interesting!!! Since the Aluminator is a DOHC-compatible block that means when Roush is porting the 3V heads (possibly they're buying semi-finished Ford castings??) they must also be machinging to mate to the Aluminator block which is essentially the '03/4 DOHC Cobra block in a beefed-alloy casting. What a great base for a SGT build-up!

I'm also betting that's the same block Ford developed the Coyote 5.0 from that will almost certainly be the engine in the '10MY BOSS but in DOHC trim. Roush was added as a Corporate strategic vendor last year and this may be why -- dunno. If so, maybe the '10MY GT 'stang will be a 3V after all with the BOSS being the 4V, both based off revised Aluminator 5.0 Coyotes.

I have to then wonder if there's a GDI 3V coming because the media reported that the GT will be 400HP with a couple mpg improvement over the 300HP 4.6 GT -- seems hard to do that w/o GDI, imo. The plot thickens :)

Archived