TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 40th anniversary gt500?

KAM

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I fly the Thunderbird out of the Houston area. I know a few of the Aluminum Overcast pilots. Great guys.

What do you fly?

Just Cherokees. Favorite is a 78 Dakota 236hp 6cyl. Want to get checked out in those glass panel Diamonds though. Maybe a Cirrus someday?

I'd love to get up in one of those warbirds. Just love that sound. I take it you're a commercial pilot as well? What else do you fly for kicks?

I bought a ride in the Aluminum Overcast when it was at Willie J. Fox field in Palmdale a few years back. Next to driving my GT500 thats about as good as it gets. I bought my son the limited edition flight jacket and will have memories for a lifetime. They let you go thru most of the plane during the ride and its truly an amazing piece of engineering. At least for that era.

Just Cherokees. Favorite is a 78 Dakota 236hp 6cyl. Want to get checked out in those glass panel Diamonds though. Maybe a Cirrus someday?

I'd love to get up in one of those warbirds. Just love that sound. I take it you're a commercial pilot as well? What else do you fly for kicks?

I have several of hours in a Dakota--great airplane. I fly for Continental for my day job.

The B17 I fly is part of the Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston Texas. I also fly the B25, SBD Dauntless, T-6, T-34, and the F6F.

The museum web site is: http://www.lsfm.org/

Tim

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

I have several of hours in a Dakota--great airplane. I fly for Continental for my day job.

The B17 I fly is part of the Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston Texas. I also fly the B25, SBD Dauntless, T-6, T-34, and the F6F.

The museum web site is: http://www.lsfm.org/

Tim

Damn. Wow. You're my hero. Love to take that Hellcat up - or the Mitchell.

Archived