TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 40th anniversary gt500?

KAM

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the vin is for a 07 vert. 1ZVHT89 for vert and 1ZVHT88 for coupe. Can someone confirm this?

1ZVHT89S is a GT500 convertible (the 89S part), the next "9" is a check digit, and the next "8" makes it a 2008. I ran a vehicle report and the vin comes back as a 2008 Vert--just like in the post.

1ZVHT89S is a GT500 convertible (the 89S part), the next "9" is a check digit, and the next "8" makes it a 2008. I ran a vehicle report and the vin comes back as a 2008 Vert--just like in the post.

Thanks Stuart. That confirms it for me.

Wow, this is an interesting development. Many of us have been asking for a 40th style package for the 08/09 models and there is a thread that indicates that this might be a future possibility.... I guess it's no longer a thought but reality......hmmm

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...en+Idea+for+Amy

Wow, this is an interesting development. Many of us have been asking for a 40th style package for the 08/09 models and there is a thread that indicates that this might be a future possibility.... I guess it's no longer a thought but reality......hmmm

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...en+Idea+for+Amy

Rarecat,

You wouldn't be as chipper if you were in our shoes. I would never take pleasure in another person's pain.

Stuart

Rarecat,

You wouldn't be as chipper if you were in our shoes. I would never take pleasure in another person's pain.

Stuart

This should not be!

We paid for the exclusive of being a 40th 1967-2007.

If this one slipped through the cracks will be very very rare!

Todd

I got a call back from the Ford dealer today (Chad), confirming that it is a 2008, that it has the 40th Anniversary package, and that it was offered on the 2007's and early 2008's. Someone else will be calling me back about the car when they get in, so maybe I'll have more info from them.

I got a call back from the Ford dealer today (Chad), confirming that it is a 2008, that it has the 40th Anniversary package, and that it was offered on the 2007's and early 2008's. Someone else will be calling me back about the car when they get in, so maybe I'll have more info from them.

This is the email I got from the dealer:

Dear b17drvr,

Tim, This car is a 2008, I am unclear on why this is so unique, but conversion was completed by Shelby and looks stunning. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Chad Coates

714-392-1706

- kengrodyfordbp

This is an e-mail I received just before my car went out for conversion. How can a dealer have a 2008 with the 40th on the floor stating "you will be in the registry as the original owner" if they do not do Pre-Title cars only Post Title cars.

Please make sure there is a “Registration” or some form of “Proof of Ownership” in your car when it arrives here,

as we only do conversions on Post-Title cars. We will not be able to admit it to our Mod Shop without Proof of Ownership.

Just to follow-up, per our conversation just now, these are the “stipulations” when sending your car for conversion:

· We do not have Orange or Blue Brakes right now and won’t when your car comes in. Anyone with Orange or Blue Brakes has to chose a different color, or wait until the next batch of cars is called in.

· We are ONLY taking cars with 605 HP or less for now.

REALLY IMPORTANT:

· NO TIMELINES! We want to avoid customers coming and waiting in town for their car because the car(s) are not accepted in the mod shop in any particular order. We can not promise a car will be admitted to shop upon arrival or will be done in the normal 5 day turn-around, as we are accepting a very large batch of cars at one time.

· NOTE: When a car is getting the straight 40th, with no upgrades, it is a good 5 day-turnaround once it is accepted to the mod shop. IF your car is getting any Upgrades, it is more of a two week timeline, to give the mod shop enough time with the car once it is admitted to the mod shop.

· We will call you once the car is admitted to the mod shop, so you can arrange pick-up.

Here is the details/ pricing on Upgrades:

600HP and 700+HP are available options on the Coupe

600HP is the max power option available on the convertible.

· 600HP will be warrantied (extent of warranty to be determined)

· 700+HP package has NO DRIVETRAIN WARRANTY

· 700+HP package will use a Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger upgrade

· The 700+HP pkg will have a one piece drive shaft

Power upgrade to 700+HP will be $10,000.

This will include the Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger, Borla Exhaust upgrade, one piece drive shaft and labor.

You can opt for the Satin Supercharger for an add’l $650 OR Polished Supercharger for an additional $1,300.

The 600HP package will be approximately $7,500.

The short throw shifter is NOW available for an additional $549.99

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black) $4,189.98 installed.

You can see them at www.shelbyperformanceparts.com.

NOTE: We only accept cars during our hours of operation: Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. If your car is being transported by a hauler, Please make your haulers aware of this.

Thank you! We look forward to getting your car converted to a “Shelby” for you in a timely fashion.

Have a great day!

I am not happy about it.

This is an e-mail I received just before my car went out for conversion. How can a dealer have a 2008 with the 40th on the floor stating "you will be in the registry as the original owner" if they do not do Pre-Title cars only Post Title cars.

There's 1,300 miles on the car, so it's used. Maybe a trade-in?

We are looking into this, Amy is out of Town with meeting all week. I will contact Bud and ask about this car. I will let you know as soon as I hear.

Sharon

Sharon,

Thanks for the update--I knew that there had to be a reason for the delay. Regards.

Stuart

Sharon is absoluetly correct. We ARE looking into this as we speak. And when Amy gets back into town, we will go from there and see what is up and will let you all know :)

Bud

Bud,

Thanks for the heads-up. :happy feet:

Stuart

Sharon is absoluetly correct. We ARE looking into this as we speak. And when Amy gets back into town, we will go from there and see what is up and will let you all know :)

Bud

Thanks Bud!

Rarecat,

Stuart

Stuart,

You are wrong to read into my response that I taking pleasure in your "pain"and I don't appreciate the accusation. I recognize that this is a touchy situation and was trying to share what I thought was some possibly meaningful insight. I'm sure there is a logical explaination for all of this and SAI will enlighten the masses just as soon as they figure it out.

lets get back on topic and put the swords away....

Frank

Archived