TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Belated July 4th Garden of the Gods trip report

twobjshelbys

Here are some pictures from our July 4th trip. We went to Garden of the Gods and then rode the cog railway to the top of Pikes Peak.

Some of these are a little teaser in preparation for the Colorado Breakfast Club meet on the 20th.

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

This is a shot across the road from the visitor's center. This might be the only place where we can find enough space to park all of the cars.

DSC_0473.jpg

These are taken at the amphitheater area - if the parking lot isn't full this might be another spot we can park.

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

Great place for sight-seeing and Geology! I was there in that area in the late eighties doing geology field work. Pike's Peak, The Front Range, Hogbacks, Red Rocks, Skyline Drive, South Park, Florrisant, etc. - all amazing and beautiful! Brings back some great memories!

Sam

AKA:

I forgot to put this one in this morning. Here's the trip computer mileage:

DSC_0537.jpg

This verified too - close enough - my calculator said 25.6.

The trip to the Springs was 25.8.

I'm on a trip to/from Vegas and I got a little over 22 on the way out over 800 miles. Doing about 21 right now at about 1/2 way back.

• 1 month later...
Here are some pictures from our July 4th trip. We went to Garden of the Gods and then rode the cog railway to the top of Pikes Peak.

Some of these are a little teaser in preparation for the Colorado Breakfast Club meet on the 20th.

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0469.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

This is a shot across the road from the visitor's center. This might be the only place where we can find enough space to park all of the cars.

DSC_0473.jpg

These are taken at the amphitheater area - if the parking lot isn't full this might be another spot we can park.

DSC_0475.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

tony, is that your wife hiding in the front passenger seat? so she does come out to play with you once in a while???

Archived