mustang1stday002-1.jpg

mustanghome008.jpg

mustanghome012.jpg

mustanghome013.jpg

mustanghome015.jpg

mustanghome017.jpg

Well she finally arrived home in the UK safe and sound after 5 weeks on the sea

Took her for the first ride on Friday "FANTASTIC"

Parked in a small mall for 10 minutes, came back and had a small fan club of about 8 people swarming all over her taking pics and just wanted to ask questions about the car

The attention the car gets is incredible

It really is a fantastic car to look at and to drive

O and by the way the mondeo is not mine!!!!!! :shift: :happy feet:

mustang1stday002-1.jpg

mustanghome008.jpg

mustanghome012.jpg

mustanghome013.jpg

mustanghome015.jpg

mustanghome017.jpg

Well she finally arrived home in the UK safe and sound after 5 weeks on the sea

Took her for the first ride on Friday "FANTASTIC"

Parked in a small mall for 10 minutes, came back and had a small fan club of about 8 people swarming all over her taking pics and just wanted to ask questions about the car

The attention the car gets is incredible

It really is a fantastic car to look at and to drive

O and by the way the mondeo is not mine!!!!!! :shift: :happy feet:

happy%20feet.gifYou military with the USA plates in the UK ? Thanks for sharing, very nice!

England is no longer devoid of snakes. Congtatulations Hodger, she is quite a car!

Congratulations,

Well done on getting your beautiful car over there.

Your going to keep it Left hand drive correct ? Lucky guy, we dont have choice down here.

I am still waiting for the conversion to right hand drive downunder here !!!

But i love the colour, modern eleanor.

Cheers

Congrats, Rob. Brilliant spec!

Too bad about all that photo-radar over the pond.

..Did you have to change the Tail lights? Kinda neat looking

michael morris

I am wondering this also. I've heard of a UK requirement for amber turn signal bulbs? Taillights are a cool look, especially against the Vapor.

......also noticed the small delta-shaped front fender external side/turn indicators...... and are the mirrors some other UK compliance thing?

Awesome car, the black/ Vapor contrast is just stunning.

Congratulations,

Well done on getting your beautiful car over there.

Your going to keep it Left hand drive correct ? Lucky guy, we dont have choice down here.

I am still waiting for the conversion to right hand drive downunder here !!!

But i love the colour, modern eleanor.

Cheers

Yes I am going to keep it left hand drive

Does that mean you can't drive it untill you convert it ?

Apple,

Those aren't military plates--I think he's actually British or an Expat. Regards.

Stuart

I'm British but an American car fan...Bought the plate from the government transport dept rather than just having any old combination given to me with no relevance to the car! :shift:

Congrats!! Great color.

Did you have to change the Tail lights? Kinda neat looking

michael morris

Yes the tail lights are a requirement by Law in the UK, as well as the side indicator lights.

Does it also have Agent 47 mirrors???

Yes they do have Agent 47 mirrors, I had them fitted because the original GT 500 mirrors do not fold back, this would have made the car too wide for my garage entrance.

They were fitted by Friendly Ford in Las Vegas before shipping.

Can you take it by Top Gear and let Richard Hammond talk about it not having 500 HP now. Nice car.

The car is being displayed at the London MPH show sponsored by Top Gear on October 30th for 3 days, so he will see the car then.

It will be interesting to hear what he thinks about it !

The car is being displayed at the London MPH show sponsored by Top Gear on October 30th for 3 days, so he will see the car then.

It will be interesting to hear what he thinks about it !

It's all about ratings. I would not be one bit suprised if the show's producers approach you and ask if they could use your car on the show. Your car is rare (especally in England), has supercar H.P., and is visually striking which are all very attractive attributes for the Top Gear producers.

And if they do ask to use your car, beyond all of the damage binders that they should/will offer you, may I recommend that you specifically stipulate that they must also buy you a new set of tires after they are done with it? That's because as you and everyone else knows, they bloody well love to melt tires on that show, and those tires are not cheap by any means.

You also might want to think about having a watt's link installed in place of the adjustable panhard rod. The watts link will keep the car's ass end planted to the ground better through the "Hammerhead" as well as "Gambon", and hopefully that should help keep Clarkson's bitching about the car to a minimum.

Best of luck to you sir.

Sorry, one question while I have you...does your sequental turn signals still function with the export tail lenses? If they do, I would imagine that it illuminates red, yellow, red, correct?

Hi Rob,

Yep you guessed it, very little driving allowed before conversion.

I have to keep the miles down before it gets converted, otherwise it can not be registered as a new

vehicle.

It is covered in my garage hahaha.

Sad... but at least its sitting downstairs...waiting for summer to come out and play.

Good luck with the top gear show...they gotta love it.

I look forward to seeing any video/photos from the show.

I would definitely do something about the rear end especially, there is a s..t load of power there.

I would at minimum upgrade the suspension to Watts Link.

I am installing the full Griggs Racing suspension package to make the car better on track and road.

But each to their own, if you want to keep it stock thats fine too.

Shelby have made one beautiful car

Cheers

It's all about ratings. I would not be one bit suprised if the show's producers approach you and ask if they could use your car on the show. Your car is rare (especally in England), has supercar H.P., and is visually striking which are all very attractive attributes for the Top Gear producers.

And if they do ask to use your car, beyond all of the damage binders that they should/will offer you, may I recommend that you specifically stipulate that they must also buy you a new set of tires after they are done with it? That's because as you and everyone else knows, they bloody well love to melt tires on that show, and those tires are not cheap by any means.

You also might want to think about having a watt's link installed in place of the adjustable panhard rod. The watts link will keep the car's ass end planted to the ground better through the "Hammerhead" as well as "Gambon", and hopefully that should help keep Clarkson's bitching about the car to a minimum.

Best of luck to you sir.

Sorry, one question while I have you...does your sequental turn signals still function with the export tail lenses? If they do, I would imagine that it illuminates red, yellow, red, correct?

The sequental tail lights are illegal in the UK so my importers have put in a sealed unit,

brake and back lights in one, the clear one is the indicator and the other red one is the fog light.

As to the show thanks for the info on the watt's link instead of the panhard rod, but at this moment the car is only going to be displayed on one of the stands and no way are they going to drive it unless they offer me an obscene amount of money!!!!!!!! :shift:

Hi Rob,

Yep you guessed it, very little driving allowed before conversion.

I have to keep the miles down before it gets converted, otherwise it can not be registered as a new

vehicle.

It is covered in my garage hahaha.

Sad... but at least its sitting downstairs...waiting for summer to come out and play.

Good luck with the top gear show...they gotta love it.

I look forward to seeing any video/photos from the show.

I would definitely do something about the rear end especially, there is a s..t load of power there.

I would at minimum upgrade the suspension to Watts Link.

I am installing the full Griggs Racing suspension package to make the car better on track and road.

But each to their own, if you want to keep it stock thats fine too.

Shelby have made one beautiful car

Cheers

Your right when you said one beautiful car

I never imagined what an impact this car would cause over here

I took it to my local Jaguar dealers where I bought my XKR today, the garage came to a stand still with all the office staff, mechanics all taking pics and just wanted to talk about the car

Then the manager phoned the Bentley dealer and ask me if I would take it there, it was only 2 minutes away

As I turned to go into the garage all the staff was out front to see the car arrive

I was there about an hour (incredible)

Everybody seems to love Shelby's

As you said "ONE BEAUTIFUL CAR"

When you convert your car can you send me some pics, I would be very interested to see it thanks :shift:

The sequental tail lights are illegal in the UK so my importers have put in a sealed unit,

brake and back lights in one, the clear one is the indicator and the other red one is the fog light.

As to the show thanks for the info on the watt's link instead of the panhard rod, but at this moment the car is only going to be displayed on one of the stands and no way are they going to drive it unless they offer me an obscene amount of money!!!!!!!! :shift:

Got it Rob, thanks!

I would still consider eventaully installing a watts link regardless of what I said about having one put on for the show.

Archived