TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Photos of Yellow Terlingua

sharon

I miss her already. So I thought I would share something. I have had the Flu all week so when I got home today I went and lied down for an hour. Well I had a dream that I looked out my window and there she was in my drive way. Then I woke up and had to look out the window just to make sure :cry:

After reading your post, this toon image pop into my head.

It's a very, very rough doodle, that I tossed some quick color on...

TRTDreams-1.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After reading your post, this toon image pop into my head.

It's a very, very rough doodle, that I tossed some quick color on...

TRTDreams-1.jpg

That is to cool. I love that !!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: Thank you. You are talented :woohoo:

I have already saved it to my desk top.

Thanks for the comments.

Sharon--glad you like it, but almost didn't post it because of the rough quality of the doodle.

(If I get some extra time, I'll try to make a cleaner version.)

And yes, I do a few private, commissioned CAR-toon designs each year.

I'm retired from the military and now do these drawings as a kind of home-hobby business.

Sharon --

Your Terlingua Mustang looks fantastic! :happy feet: Did it start out as a 05/06 Screaming Yellow Mustang or did SAI paint the entire car?

Here is a photo of the car when I bought on a used car lot. The photo is before it was finished.

082108.jpg

082108.jpg

Sharon/Robert, that car is absolutely amazing! I think it is definitely my favorite top 3 of all the new Shelby's. The orange SGT with silver Razors, mine and that one. No particular order, I love all three.

Well done. Can't wait to see it live.

Adam

Wow! That is quite the transformation!! Thanks for the reply.

I know I have to admit I was against the yellow at first. Robert talked me into it. Then when I was it on the lot, I had my doubts that the little yellow V6 would look good. Man was I wrong. But don't tell Robert he was right he already has to big of head. :hysterical3::hysterical3:

Sharon/Robert, that car is absolutely amazing! I think it is definitely my favorite top 3 of all the new Shelby's. The orange SGT with silver Razors, mine and that one. No particular order, I love all three.

Well done. Can't wait to see it live.

Adam

Adam - do you drive around with those stickers on your fenders? If so, why?

I know I have to admit I was against the yellow at first. Robert talked me into it. Then when I was it on the lot, I had my doubts that the little yellow V6 would look good. Man was I wrong. But don't tell Robert he was right he already has to big of head. :hysterical3::hysterical3:

While we are admitting things, I thought yall were crazy with the rabbit being silver, but it makes the car now that I see it...

Bravo! :happy feet:

While we are admitting things, I thought yall were crazy with the rabbit being silver, but it makes the car now that I see it...

Bravo! :happy feet:

Me two, I was unsure but I thought with a yellow car that the yellow rabbit might be to much. I was unsure so I told them to surprise me, maybe that is why I got the backwords bunny a real surprise :hysterical: I do really like the silver now it is even better in person.

Sharon

Yes I leave them on. Last year in prep for the CSBB Roger came up with the idea of the rookie stripes and I came up with the idea of the other stickers. I thought that since there would be racing I'd put the stickers on.

I left them on since that's how the car was for a once in a lifetime experience. I am all about history and adding pedigree to the car. Plus I race the car when I can and I loke the look.

Yes I leave them on. Last year in prep for the CSBB Roger came up with the idea of the rookie stripes and I came up with the idea of the other stickers. I thought that since there would be racing I'd put the stickers on.

I left them on since that's how the car was for a once in a lifetime experience. I am all about history and adding pedigree to the car. Plus I race the car when I can and I loke the look.

I remember you putting the last few on in the Petersen Museum garage before we took off on the Bullrun to Las Vegas. I may have a picture of you in action. I'll look around and see if I can find it.

Tony

Thanks Tony that would be cool.

Palerider if you're talking about the approx 6 in Terlingua sticker on the fender, they are stickers.

I was curious about the Terlingua cars done at Quantum and Tasca.

Are they actually stickers or painted on?

Maybe Sharon knows cc her beautiful yellow car?

Here is a photo of the car when I bought on a used car lot. The photo is before it was finished.

Sharon,

It's almost like you found this poor, abandoned little Mustang that was shivering in the cold rain and wishing it could just have a nice home where someone would keep it forever and, maybe, let it sleep inside. Then you came along and saved that poor little car from its fate. Guess I should have completed this story line and entered it in the Terlingua essay contest. Darn! :hysterical:

Jim

Wow!!! Awesome! :rockon: The car really stands out. I bet it gets a lot of attention. The Silver bunny was a great idea.

I did not get to take it on the track yet, which is what I am most looking forward to, but the best thing that I liked was that people could not believe that it is a V6. People would hear the sound and tell me there was no way this was a V6 and then when you opened the hood to show people they where amazed.

I added V-6 stickers to the plenum cover on my CS-6 for the exact same reason. People (including the Ford District rep at Ottawa) would ask how much horsepower I was putting out. When I told them 380 (I switched out the SC pulley for a smaller one), they would wrinkle their nose thinking it's a V-8. Then I would have to point out that it is a V-6 and then they would say Wow. So I finally put a V-6 sticker right on the front of the plenum cover so there would be no doubt.

Archived