TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ride swap: Lamborghini for GT 500 - MA

No, I'm not looking to trade titles. I am looking to trade rides, you take me for a ride in your GT 500 and I'll take you for a ride in the Lambo. We each stay in the passenger seat, due to insurance regs I can't let you drive the Lambo (sorry, that part is non-negotiable). I'm part of an exotic car club and will have the Lambo for 5 days, next Wednesday 9/4 - following Monday.

You: Own a 2007 - 2009 GT 500, pref with Stage II mods, pref a vert, in Massachusetts.

Me: I'll have a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo spyder, black top. I think it's a 2005. I live in Bridgewater and work in Waltham.

I'd like to see the GT 500 accelerate and corner a bit, no need to bury the spedometer, get buster for D2E, or crash it going crazy. A few quick 30 - 100 rips and some "spirited driving". I am thinking of buying a GT 500 within the next year and figured this would be the next best thing to a test drive.

PM me if interested, thanks!

-TC

No, I'm not looking to trade titles. I am looking to trade rides, you take me for a ride in your GT 500 and I'll take you for a ride in the Lambo. We each stay in the passenger seat, due to insurance regs I can't let you drive the Lambo (sorry, that part is non-negotiable). I'm part of an exotic car club and will have the Lambo for 5 days, next Wednesday 9/4 - following Monday.

You: Own a 2007 - 2009 GT 500, pref with Stage II mods, pref a vert, in Massachusetts.

Me: I'll have a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo spyder, black top. I think it's a 2005. I live in Bridgewater and work in Waltham.

I'd like to see the GT 500 accelerate and corner a bit, no need to bury the spedometer, get buster for D2E, or crash it going crazy. A few quick 30 - 100 rips and some "spirited driving". I am thinking of buying a GT 500 within the next year and figured this would be the next best thing to a test drive.

-TC

TC,

Welcome to the site. Sounds like a great offer and if I were in Mass., I would do it! Good Luck.

Stuart

If you were down here in Texas, I'd give you some "spirited" driving. Currently I'm just waiting for the roads to dry out a bit more before going for my usual Sunday morning drive at around 140-150mph. Speaking of that, I should go to the track today before the hurricane hits. Wonder if I can talk my wife into going with me to drive the support truck...eheheh.

-TC

I do!!!!! I live near NewBedford MA(20 min ride from you).Would love a ride. I will be at Tasca 9/6 but am free on sunday 9/7 .......Oh, This is not a stock 500.. :happy feet:

th_DSCN0408.jpg

th_DSCN0391.jpg

th_IMG_4141.jpg

If my TB is back from Jon Lund and the FS prob is gone then I'm in!!!!! This will be a blast for both riders... :happy feet:

BB.

I'm in southern New Hampshire and do a lot of stuff around the 128 belt. I'd love a ride in a Lambo, but not sure about scheduling as I might be out of town for the weekend, but could work something. My GT500 is straight stock however. and a coupe.

Shack

OK BadBoy500 is a tentative yes, depending on his schedule. Still room for others, I would do more than one ride swap. Who else in MA/RI is interested? Picking up the Lambo tomorrow morning...

Thanks!

-TC

I will have my TB back today !!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: I was told there should be no prob with it......I will test it on my car and report back...I too would like to see others in on this....A chance of a life-time !!!!! :happy feet: The dealers should pay us for test drives....I would do them all day long.... :shift::hysterical:

Welcome to the big show...... :lurk:

BB.

Welcome to the site! That's a great offer...too bad it's not in my area. You should not be disappointed with Badboy500's car..."not a stock GT500" is a major understatement in this case.

I'm blushing now.... :hysterical:

Thanks ........:)

BB.

I'm in southern New Hampshire and do a lot of stuff around the 128 belt. I'd love a ride in a Lambo, but not sure about scheduling as I might be out of town for the weekend, but could work something. My GT500 is straight stock however. and a coupe.

Shack

Shack: I am also in southern New Hampshire, about 20 miles inland from the coast. There are two red coupes in my town, one being mine. I just saw a grabber orange coupe on the road last week. If I am not mistaken, it had the stripe delete option.

Shack: I am also in southern New Hampshire, about 20 miles inland from the coast. There are two red coupes in my town, one being mine. I just saw a grabber orange coupe on the road last week. If I am not mistaken, it had the stripe delete option.

Closer to ManchVegas myself. I've got a Blue/White coupe, so that wasn't me. Also saw another Blue/White, a Black vert and a GT-H in my area. Also heard someone else has an SS and a KR in the pipeline.

I am totally cool with a ride in a stock GT 500 coupe as well, I think it would be an interesting contrast to see stock vs modded. I'm not hung up on convertible, etc so you guys in NH, if you'll be in the Waltham area tomorrow or Friday (mornings best) please pm me and we'll meet up. I might be up near 495 in Maynard, MA around dinner tomorrow too.

Got the car this morning, went on some quick rips with it with friends and business associates. The Lambo is a very fun car and quite a head-turner.

-TC

Picture of the car this morning -

post-9987-1220474055_thumb.jpg

I am totally cool with a ride in a stock GT 500 coupe as well, I think it would be an interesting contrast to see stock vs modded. I'm not hung up on convertible, etc so you guys in NH, if you'll be in the Waltham area tomorrow or Friday (mornings best) please pm me and we'll meet up. I might be up near 495 in Maynard, MA around dinner tomorrow too.

Got the car this morning, went on some quick rips with it with friends and business associates. The Lambo is a very fun car and quite a head-turner.

-TC

Very nice ride!!!!!! Oh,Maynard you say?? I own the Fine Arts Theater in down town Maynard MA. I will test the TB in the morning for it came in late today.

BB.

-TC

head turner? That bucket? :drool:

Wow, very nice. Wish I were there, I'd take you up on the offer....

I joked with a guy at work (Audi) that we should start a Car Quarterly, where 4 guys swap cars every 3 months. There were no worries about insurance, relative value, winter months, etc. - because it was all in our heads. Is your setup something like that? Or you just get together and take each other for a spin? I wouldn't mind some details, if you wouldn't mind sharing. Living vicariously through others, and all that...

I hope you guys have a great time!

head turner? That bucket? :drool:

Wow, very nice. Wish I were there, I'd take you up on the offer....

I joked with a guy at work (Audi) that we should start a Car Quarterly, where 4 guys swap cars every 3 months. There were no worries about insurance, relative value, winter months, etc. - because it was all in our heads. Is your setup something like that? Or you just get together and take each other for a spin? I wouldn't mind some details, if you wouldn't mind sharing. Living vicariously through others, and all that...

I hope you guys have a great time!

The Otto Club (http://www.theottoclub.com/) is a for-profit venture in Boston. I joined the club a few years ago. You pay a flat fee and get points each year. You use up points taking cars out, points used faster on more expensive cars, weekend days, prime season; fewer points used on less expensive cars, weekdays, off-season. They rotate cars in the collection, so for a little less than you'd pay to make payments on one car, you get to drive about 8 per year. You post a security deposit and carry 250/500 insurance, they take care of the rest (gap insurance, all costs of car, etc). Basically schedule when you want a car, or ask what's available last minute. Pick up the car, it's detailed and ready to go. They take your car and detail it while you have the exotic.

In the last few years I've gotten to drive a couple Ferrari's, Lambo's, Aston Martins, Bentleys, Maserati's, etc. It's been a lot of fun, but if I were to buy a car it would much more likely be in the GT 500's price range.

HTH,

-TC

The Otto Club (http://www.theottoclub.com/) is a for-profit venture in Boston. I joined the club a few years ago. You pay a flat fee and get points each year. You use up points taking cars out, points used faster on more expensive cars, weekend days, prime season; fewer points used on less expensive cars, weekdays, off-season. They rotate cars in the collection, so for a little less than you'd pay to make payments on one car, you get to drive about 8 per year. You post a security deposit and carry 250/500 insurance, they take care of the rest (gap insurance, all costs of car, etc). Basically schedule when you want a car, or ask what's available last minute. Pick up the car, it's detailed and ready to go. They take your car and detail it while you have the exotic.

In the last few years I've gotten to drive a couple Ferrari's, Lambo's, Aston Martins, Bentleys, Maserati's, etc. It's been a lot of fun, but if I were to buy a car it would much more likely be in the GT 500's price range.

HTH,

-TC

Thanks for the link. I need to work harder...

It was a nice day and I had a blast!!!!as did the whole bad family :happy feet: Wow... the Lambo sure is a fine piece of equipment !!!and fast too. :shift: I'll post some pics soon. :drool: Oh, Looks like we will have another 500 owner here soon.....I think he liked his ride too.. :happy feet:

BB.

Ok.some pics...

th_DSC_0150.jpg

th_DSC_0132.jpg

th_DSC_0136.jpg

:happy feet:

Thanks for the pics!!! I would love to have the opportunity to ride in a Lambo one day. This is one great looking car, especially the Gallardo convertible! I would be curious to know how the acceleration compares with a stock GT500 (I guess it's no match for YOUR GT500...).

Thanks for the pics!!! I would love to have the opportunity to ride in a Lambo one day. This is one great looking car, especially the Gallardo convertible! I would be curious to know how the acceleration compares with a stock GT500 (I guess it's no match for YOUR GT500...).

The good news is......0 - 150 I was on him like glue!!!!!Ya, even at 150(easy money)...... :happy feet: Now through the exits,.... I was left behind like a yugo :cry:

That thing turns like it's on rails !!!!!!What a car... :drool: for an import that is.... :hysterical:

I had a great day as well, a lot of fun! A big "Thank you" to BadBoy and his family for coming out, they are a great bunch of people and I was very glad to meet them. After the ride, it is a matter of "when" not "if" I'll get a GT 500. Some people had asked me how the cars compare, etc. I think BadBoy summed it up well, the Lambo is a smooth ride with lots of top-end speed, and it handles/corners like a dream. The GT500 (especially his) has jaw-dropping, slam you back in the seat power and is the epitome of American Muscle. It requires a lot more skill to drive than the Lambo (e-gear) and is faster off the line. It is a great-looking car as well, much more practical for the driving in Massachusetts, and considering the price point I think there's no contest. GT 500 by a mile. If you live in Germany off the Autobahn and have $30M in the bank, maybe the Lambo makes more sense.

I'm going to start saving my allowance. Looking forward to posting in the arrival forum someday. Take care,

-TC

I had a great day as well, a lot of fun! A big "Thank you" to BadBoy and his family for coming out, they are a great bunch of people and I was very glad to meet them. After the ride, it is a matter of "when" not "if" I'll get a GT 500. Some people had asked me how the cars compare, etc. I think BadBoy summed it up well, the Lambo is a smooth ride with lots of top-end speed, and it handles/corners like a dream. The GT500 (especially his) has jaw-dropping, slam you back in the seat power and is the epitome of American Muscle. It requires a lot more skill to drive than the Lambo (e-gear) and is faster off the line. It is a great-looking car as well, much more practical for the driving in Massachusetts, and considering the price point I think there's no contest. GT 500 by a mile. If you live in Germany off the Autobahn and have $30M in the bank, maybe the Lambo makes more sense.

I'm going to start saving my allowance. Looking forward to posting in the arrival forum someday. Take care,

-TC

I'll help with the mod's!!! :happy feet:

This realy was the high point of my week/mo/yr/life... !!!! It was my pleaser !!!!..... With your exp with supper cars your opnion is a gifteded one here......You of all people know what is hot and what is hipe...Keep testing the cool cars and send the info back so we can keep in tune with the supper cars and there falts.....We can't smoke'em if we don't know were to hit them..... :hysterical:

:happy feet:

BB.

I actaully raced one of these brand new Lambos in black the other week near Los Altos were alot of Silicon Valley big wigs live. I stayed right next to him but he got the jump on me as I was really not expecting him to race me.

I figured if he is risking his 300,000 dollar car I will risk the ticket. Mind you I was stock so with a few mods I should have taken him off the line.

Disclaimer: I am a bad person and a criminal do not follow my example and race on public roads. :happy feet:

Archived